Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2016 Babies

Replies

• So glad HEidi hasn't fallen down with the chicken pox, she is such a poser I love it! Maybe she was having an off day at the swimming bars! Aww is Heidi loving her food too Bex? 😍❤ them chubby legs are life!! 👌🏾😍

I've been baking this morning! ive organised a surprise party for one of my best friends for tomorrow evening as she is moving away! Can't wait to decorate the cake!!!! 

imageimage

What are you all up to today? Xx

• Hi ladies,

Looks like you and your little ones are all getting on fabulously. I've been reading all your posts but have just been to busy/lazy to post myself.

Florence is 5 and a half months now and I've decided to start with weaning tgis weekend so I'm just going to pop out today and get her a high chair. I'm actually really excited. I've given her tasters of things here and there and love watching her little face.

Feeling really guilty at the moment as I feel like she spends far too much time on front of the TV. I'm just not really sure how to occupy her time whilst at the same time getting to do all the  bits and pieces I need to do. I keep putting it off but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take her to rhyme time next week. I really can't wait for the weather to get warmer and as she will be a little bit older hopefully there will be more for me to do with her x

• XxMariexx - lovely to see your name pop up again! Please do let us know how the weaning goes won't you? And please don't feel guilty - my kids believe Peppa Pig is part of our family, they've watched so much of it... we do what we have to do!

Hi everyone else too!
    We were hoping you might be able to help us out if you have a moment? We would love to have your feedback on what you think about the MadeForMums chat forum - we would dearly love to hear from as many of you as possible, and if you could pop over to this thread to give us some feedback, that would be wonderful. 
    Thank you so much!  

• Marie so nice to hear from you and even better you've mentioned exactly what I've been worrying about! I caught Morgan laughing at IgglePiggle yesterday when I was ironing and thought hell, he's watching tooooo much tv for his age! But no matter what I buy to stimulate him he gets bored so easy & sometimes I need more than blooming 15mins to do the chores or cook tea etc! Nice to know it's not just me worrying😂🙌🏾

Im sure you and Florence will enjoy rhyme time, its nice meeting other mums and baby's toO🙃

Is the weather awful with you as well? I can't remember the last time we saw Mr.Sunshine🤔🙄 and he is my fave pal!

• Thanks ladies. That is reassuring to know that its not just me. Danielle you made me chuckle and Chloe you'be hit the nail on the head, she seems to get bored with all the toys so easily.

It is actually nice and sunny here today which is getting me excited for spring/summer. I really want to make the most of it this year as I'm lucky enough to be off with the baby and probably won't have another summer off until I'm 70 (how depressing is that lol) x

• I have the opposite problem with Arlo  he won't watch TV for more than 5 mins at a time! It's a nightmare as I get nothing done!! Lol but last night tho he sat in his chair (which he never does either) and watched in the night garden for about 20mins!! I couldn't believe it! It was near his bedtime so perhaps he was just tired but I'm hoping he starts to settle more in front of the TV (even in the evenings) so I can race about the kitchen and do a few bits and bobs! 

Iv been weaning him between purree and finger food. Tried brocolli and pear purree last week and he hated it. So i figured brocolli was a no no for him.however today I was feeding him sweet potato but he was eyeballing the brocolli on my plate. So I held it to his mouth and he sucked it dry! Hoping it's not just a one off!!image

Chlooepee the cake looks fab! I tried to bake with my 3 year old the other day... disaster. I enjoy and am good at cooking meals for dinner etc but I can't bake. The buns went in the bin lol but he enjoyed himself so I guess that's the main thing lol 

imageimage

• Chloe she is absolutely loving her food...I knew she would...she's even started grabbing the spoon off me and shoving it in her mouth herself lol! That cake looks good Chloe, ur friend will love it I'm sure.

Nice to hear from u Marie. I know what u mean about the TV, Heidi loves it too. I don't feel as guilty as long as we've at least been out somewhere each day, even if its just to the shops! Us Mummas have jobs to do too so a lil bit of TV won't hurt.

Karen your little boy is sooo cute in that apron and hat and he looks so happy!!xxx

The weather has been just gorgeous here today...I'm excited for more days like this with my girly :-) ximage

• image Morning all

Nice to hear from you Marie! I agree too they love tv.. my mumma is a health visitor and she puts c beebies on for mj and just says they love the colours.. if a health visitor is doing it it must be ok.. although I put walking dead on and I'm sure she enjoys that more 🤣🤣

Love the baking pics Karen and hope the broccoli wasn't a fluke! 

Is heidi loving weaning bex? Mj hasn't turned her nose up at anything yet.. she had a lick of a mcflurry last night haha - naughty mumma

hope the sun shines for you Chloe so you and Morgan can play out 😘

We went to messy play in an art gallery yesterday.. I'm literally going back on Tuesday cos we both loved it! Taking the plunge with swimming tomorrow too.. you've given me the confidence bex haha 

hope you all are well and have a lovely weekend

hope works not been too bad kg 

image 🖤 Hannah & Meredith June 🖤

• Hannah, Heidi is loving food!! She will literally eat anything ha!! She had a taste of daddy's trifle in the pub earlier!!. Over the past few weeks she's had peas, carrot, sweet potato, mash, bread, marmite on toast, porridge, banana, apple, pear and a rusk!! She doesn't waste a drop!!!

Hope the swimming goes well, I'm sure mj will love it! That messy play looks ace...I might have to do some messy play with Heidi at home, I think she'd like it.

We've been out for some food n drinkies with one of my best friends from work which was nice.image

Heidi is still going through this weird stranger anxiety thing though . .she SCREAMED for my mum earlier!!! I don't get it!! I really hope she chills out soon :-/

Hope you girls have a fab weekend.xx

• Waaah lady's, super jealous of you all who have enjoyed sunny days. We've honestly not seen a glimpse of the sun all week🤔it's actually depressing.

Karen Arlo looks like he's coming on so well bless him. Maybe he's had the feel for the broccoli now and will carry on enjoying it 🙃your eldest looks so bloody chuffed with himself that is toooo cute right there 😭😍

We finished our cake and the surprise for my best friend went so well! We all had a little cry and morgan was so well behaved he just loved the attention. It's like the end of an era, all of our group seem to be going our separate ways! I have no doubt we will be chums forever though. It just seems the party days are well and truly over 😂

It looks like you and MJ had a ball Han.. did you have the most fun though?😂 aww good luck swimming today I'm sure you are going to love it. Will hubby go too?

Bex I'm sure Heidi will be fine in a minute, it's just the whole getting used to the world thing isn't it.. She's a beautiful little girly I love her big eyes! Did you enjoy the time with your friend? I love doing things like that and taking Morgan. Isn't it funny how they just fit in to our day to day life's no matter what you do really! We are certainly never alone now..

My friend is running a half marathon today so once morgan wakes from his morning nap we will be off for a walk in this miserable weather.

ive found an awesome baby sensory class, we had our taster day Friday and we both loved it! This was under the sea haha!

hope you're all enjoying the weekend xxxxx

• imageimageimageimageimage

Morning everyone , again loving all the pics that cake is amazing Chloe and meredith looks like she's having a ball there, we don't have messy play near us with is disappointing. Weve also been going to a sensory class which we love. Works been crap so to speak I don't feel the same being there since having Isla like something is missing , just feels like I'm going 10 steps back when I'm there, I'm going to look for something different , Hannah how did u get on with ur interview? hope all you other mummy's are doing good and all the babas xxxx sorry for the pic over load it's been a while lol 

• Aww look at Isla! She's proper strong isnt she!! 

My interviews have all gone well but I've decided to stay where I am but do 25 hours a week.. il technically earn more that way than having to pay for childcare.. 

love that bath seat! I totally need something like that for Meredith now as she hates her old seat..

looks like she loves her big sister too! Do you feel like a new starter where you work kg? I'm sure thats what I'll be like.. dreading it! 

• Always nice to hear from you KG! I can't believe how strong Isla is on her legs? That's mad. She's looking so grown up, and like hannah said in love with your older girly! How beautiful for you💝 Maybe a new start somewhere different will be refreshing anyway? if I win the lottery i'll be sure to share so none of us september mummy's have to worry about working again, we can dream! 😂🙌🏾

Do you know when you're going back to work yet Han? 

Xx

• I'm going back in September chloe! Although we'll be living off beans on toast til then haha.. then I'm only gonna do 25 hours a week cos it works out that I'm earning more than if I was paying for childcare.. 

Going back to messy play this afternoon and taking the hubby.. he loves doin things with her.. I am proper lucky 🍀 

when are you going back Chloe? It's proper strange i was so money oriented before but now Im not so bothered.. xxx

• Hi everyone just catching up 🙈 Been mega busy with getting final preparations done for the christening in just over 2 weeks and was hubbys birthday it's been all go 🙈

Marie and Karen nice to hear from you. 

hh you tried to give up chocolate and I was avoiding the baby shop like their was no tomorrow but yesterday I caved 🙈imageimage I just couldn't resist 🙈 Jordanna has been chesty last few days hoping it's just a cold and I have been floored with a bug. 

had a family and friends night on Saturday for my husbands bday and was brill and his cake was delish 🙈 cake maker was a star and played a part in his birthday joke aswell image

Hope everyone one is well :) 

• Hi everyone, we wanted to share a thread with you, started by a member who's letting women know, they shouldn't worry about c-section scars, and proudly displaying hers. If you too wanted to share your experience having a c-section or talk about your scar, please do come and check out the thread here. 

• Hi everyone, we have a question for you. During your pregnancy, did you have a 4D scan? If you did, we'd love for you to come and tell us about it over here on this thread.

Thank you!
    😊

• Hello. You may have seen the recent news stories about people finding what they think is ‘mould' in their Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine.

If you have a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep, we’d like to ask you to have a look at your machine (you’ll need to take the front cover off) and see if you can see any black deposits or build up in yours.

Once you’ve had a look ­whether you find anything or not please would you share a picture on this thread here

We would really appreciate your help. Thank you  

• Happy Weekend Lady's.

hope you & your baby's have all had a nice week❤

• image Hey all

Wow haven't we been quiet!! Hope you're having a good weekend Chloe, you doing much or is this weather hampering your plans? 

I'm off to look after my nan today then nipping to my friends for a brew after that.. my hubby been working 4am-6pm all week so he's blooming knackered poor guy..

that cake looks amazing gixxers and look at those clothes well cute!! 

im obsessed with Instagram shops 💕💕 love the offers and the personalised gear!! 

image love this top and it was only £10!! Xx