Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Cberg- thats ok it doesn't fit in the Moses basket. Ezra kept on waking up cus he'd hit his hands on the wicker side, so we've put his cot with a drop down side right up against our bed. So it'd be great to fit in there. That's so good Tilly can send herself off to sleep, Ezra will stubbornly stay awake until he's held or rocked. I know we cant spoil babies at this age but don't want it to become a habit for when he's older. I've got visions of a 1 year old still needing to be rocked to sleep!! 😫

• Options

Tilly was like that and I didn't change that I just think maybe they start to feel safer As they get a bit older. Just keep putting him down then picking him back up. I know it a pain but it gets them used to it. In the day she will often fall asleep on me but at night will go in the crib. I haven't left her upstairs in the evening whilst I'm downstairs yet so  will be interesting.

think we have also had a couple of smiles this week xx

• Options

Cberg yes I'm sure we have too, he smiles sometimes when he's not pooing now! Makes everything so worth it!

Ezra has started to have green poos, and I mean bright green! And they started smelling really bad! We took him to the doctors and they said not to worry it's completely normal, as long as he's gaining weight etc. But after doing research I think I have too fast a flow for him, so he's not getting enough hind milk. I'm now trying to take him off when I feel my letdown and letting it drop into a towel then putting him back on, and feeding only one breast per session. Hopefully it'll clear up! 

• Options

Hi everyone,

We hope you’re all doing well and managing to stay warm! There’s lots happening on the forum this week, and we thought we’d give you a rundown.

We’re asking you if you would let someone film your birth? That thread is HERE

Are/were you pregnant and struggling with a demanding job and finding it hard? That’s what one of our members is asking HERE. 

Did you or do you know anyone who’s had a c-section due to anxiety? Another of our new members would like to know HERE

One new mum has just started weaning and would love some advice on her routine for her 26 week old baby - can you help HERE

And this one might strike a chord with any of you who are already parents - this mum would like to know about your child’s habits with your phone/tablet - she uses it with her 13month old, but seems worried. You can find her thread HERE

And finally, if you’re bottle feeding (or know some that is) and would like to try out some anti-colic Dr Brown’s bottles for us, please come and sign up HERE

Thank you!

• Options

Thanks cberg, i bought the sleepyhead and he does seem to settle for a while.  Think he still prefers mummys chest though lol!

Rorg has got colic so the evenings can be hard when nothing will settle him z

• Options

Nancy has colic too, between 10pm-1am every night without fail! It's horrible, I hope it doesn't last too long! xx

• Options

Evening ladies! How are all the little ones? Sorry some are still suffering with Colic. Charlie still has a cold which is affecting his sleep. We bought a saline spray which helped last night.

Had some lovely news today. My brother's wife had a their second baby today. A little girl called Effie. 

Here's my gorgeous boy. 4 weeks today x 

• Options

Are you using infocol Amy? It's so hard isn't it when you can't do anything to comfort them.

your little boy is so cute piglet, can't believe how time flies 

• Options

Yes using infacol, and dr brown's bottles, I can't say they've made a difference to be honest! Will speak to the health visitor to see if she can suggest something else.

Gorgeous boy piglet, time is flying by isn't it x

• Options

hey everyone!! Hope you're all well... my health visitor recommended a couple of things that have worked a treat for us... firstly move up to 2nd stage teets for the bottles because it means the milk will flow out easier meaning our babies won't need to suck so hard which cuts their intake of air... secondly give an ounce extra of water in bottle now and again maybe during the  day when baby isn't as hungry as morning... this makes it a little kinder on their little stomachs and makes everything a little softer and easier to move around their bowels... thirdly sitting baby upright for 20 mins or so after feed! I find that doing the little bicycle legs works good as well! xxx

• Options

We have already changed to number 2, as i found Nancy was working really hard to get her milk, she's a little milk monster! For those of you bottle feeding, how many ounces are your little ones on? My health visitor said once she is clearing 4oz, (which she is) move on to 5oz. This seems like loads for a 3 week old!! Haha 

Amy do you mean put an extra ounce of water in the bottle but keep the formula to the same amount as before? 

We have been using chamomilla granules tonight and they seem to be working, she's fast asleep in her daddy's arms at the moment.. she would usually be in a lot of pain and discomfort around this time! Fingers crossed xx 

• Options

orla is the same with her milk... she was finishing the 4 ounces completely so we have moved to 5 and she maybe takes about 4 and a half... other times though she will only take 3/3.5!

yeah Amy just keep the formula to the usual amount, obviously don't do it every bottle but the odd one should just keep everything nice and soft! 

awww that's brilliant I hope that's them working.. sounding promising! xx

• Options

Tilly is on 4.5-5 ounces I think I'm going to put her on 5 as she is now finishing the bottle she had her last bottle at 11pm last night and I had to wake her at 5 for next one not sure if it would have been right to leave her as she is over 6 weeks? anyone know x

• Options

cberg I think it would be fine to leave her as long as she is gaining weight! We have had a few nights like that and my health visitor said its fine as she is a healthy baby putting on weight each week! xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing ok?

We were wondering if any of you has any experience with this - one of our pregnant members has been told she has 'Too much amniotic fluid'. Her thread is here if you can offer any advice? 

• Options

Hi everyone, Grace is on 4oz bottles but only has 3-3.5 of it. She now weighs 9lb which im happy with and she is 4 weeks today xx

• Options

Mummyto3angels- she's gorgeous!! Ezra will be 5 weeks tomorrow and he finally slept on his own in his Moses basket for over 2 hours this afternoon. First time he's slept not in our arms. Don't know what happened, its probably a fluke but I got a good hours sleep so I'm really happy. He weighs 9lb 13oz! 

• Options

Thanks yes spoke to health visitor today at our six week review she said as she gaining weight it's fine. She now weighs 8lbs 15.

well done loubeelou I do think they grow out of it which is positive x

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well? Please do come and let us know and post some new pics!  

We wanted to let you know about this amazing product test we are running - you could get to test and keep a Britax Affinity 2 travel system worth £580Please do head over to this thread and check it out! 

• Options

Lovely to get updates from you all from time to time!! Sounds like you're all doing brilliantly. After a pretty rubbish start with Dexters weight i had him weighed on Wednesday and he's know 9lbs so am very pleased with him as is the health visitor!! He's feeding constantly though so it's hardly surprising he is getting heavier really! Little monkey. Has anyone tried baby massage? I got taught to do some yesterday and Dexter loves it! Big smiles and lots of cooing whenever I do it, it's so cute!! Xx