Forum home Babies Baby

October 2016 Babies

Replies

• I would love to do baby massage but there is now a 5 week waiting list were i am :( Grace is smiling quite a bit and she loves snuggles with mummy and Daddy (spoilt lil princess) however we have had a lil problem with constipation as she has been screaming in pain with it but finally last night she had a poop 😃 its heartbreaking seeing them in pain x

• Mummy2threeangels try doing bicycle movements and rub the tummy in clockwise movements. I also give mine a bit of water even  though they say not too but my doc suggested it as little one is on gaviscon xx

• Hi everyone, 
    We just wanted to drop by and let you know about a couple of threads…

The first is a great Lakeland competition where you could win £100 Lakeland vouchers. If you have a favourite Lakeland product you use, just snap a pic of it and tell us why you love it on this competition thread - it’s as simple as that!

The second thread we’re talking about is this very odd game for kids called Silly Sausage… you have to see it to believe it (or maybe we just have dirty minds?). Please do come and check out that thread here.

Finally, if you haven’t signed up for this Product Test to be in with the chance of testing and keeping the Britax Affinity 2 pushchair, please do give it a shot. We are looking for people with babies up to 3 months old.

Thank you!

• Hi everyone, 
    We just wanted to let you know what’s happening on the forum today. 

We’re asking, do you have rules about how long your children can spend on tablets/phone/TV? If so, please do come and tell us on this new thread - we’re fascinated to hear. 

Also, would you like to win a Stokke Tripp Trapp chair worth over £250? To enter, all you need to do is a snap a pic and tell us about meal times in your house on this thread. Simples! 

Also, did you know the easiest way of seeing what’s happening on the forum is to click on Latest Posts? Do give it a try!  

• Hi everyone - we hope you're doing ok? 

We wanted to let you know about this thread on the forum today - we're asking what are you buying your children (if you already have kids!) for Christmas and have they asked for anything in particular? Do come and let us know, we'd love to hear.  

• Hi everyone how are we all doing? Tilly will be 8 weeks on Sunday! It goes quick! Still having a few feeding difficulties However she slept from 11.30-6.30 last night! Xx

• Hi cberg!! crikey 8 weeks already, time just flies!! We are well thank you, how are you doing? Wow that's amazing, so pleased for you!! I can only dream of that much sleep at the moment - we're still up every 1 to 2 hours Through the night. Is a bit of a killer. 

How is everyone else? Dexter starts his first swimming lesson today!! Am very excited.

Xx

Wow Cberg, that is amazing! Well done Tilly! 

Nancy is on infant gaviscon for her reflux at the moment and it has worked wonders. Like having a different baby. Her body clock is starting to sort itself out too, she will settle around 10-11, and wake around 2 and 5 for a feed. This is a massive improvement for us!! 

Cannot believe our little lady is a month old today! 

Hope you're all doing well x

• She is doing well we're on infant gaviscon but Tilly is having major constipation and struggling to get it out of a teat even though we went up a size? How are you administering Amy? I am trying it mixed with water now but not as successful. 

Thats good about swimming I was going to look into it for Tilly but not got round to it yet xx

• She has it in her milk every other bottle, shes on stage 2 teat, haven't had a problem so far. Nancy can sometimes be constipated but still having plenty of dirty nappies every day so not too concerned at the moment. xx 

• Hi everyone, 

cberg your advice helped alot and we now have regular poops yayyyyy! Grace is now 5 weeks and 1 day and the amount of love we have for her is unreal. 

we have her 6 week check next week and i cant wait to see what she weighs as she is a lil chunk hehe

hope everyone is well xxx

• What a cutie! Nancy weighs 11lbs 1oz and she's only 4weeks + 3 days haha! Our little chunky monkey xx

• Hi ladies, glad your littles ones are doing well. Charlie is quite grouchy today. I wonder if he's having a growth spurt.

How long are you little ones awake for? Charlie can be awake for hours. He's only had 1.5hrs sleep today. 

Also breastfeeding mummies, do your babies ever get frantic on the boob? Charlie has done it since birth but it's happening more and more recently. He will suck for about a minute and then start pulling off and gets more and more worked up until he's screaming. I can't work out why he does it. The latch is good. I don't think it's wind. I have a very strong let down so I wonder if he get frustrated when it slows down after the let down. Health visitor is coming tomorrow so I'm going to ask her.

Charlie 5 week and 4 days x

• glad it helped wish it helped Tilly!

also ladies try reading the wonder weeks explains why they maybe grouchy etc you can download the app for basics then buy each chapter if you want more info. You have to put your due date in though not the birth date as that can effect how they are xx

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to send you out a little gift for your babies - please can you PM me your full name and address when you get the chance.

Thank you! 

• Aww that's lovely Danielle - thanks!

what a horrible few days we have had.. Orla hasn't kept anything down since Friday... it started as projectile vomit we have had 3 visits to A&E.. first time told it was a bug, second time it was reflux and now it's back to a bug and that's she's hydrated enough... it settled down on Sunday and it was just little mouthfuls of sick we were getting but today and yesterday it has been big vomit again although not quite projectile.. I'm at the end of my tether don't know what to do!! been given dioralyte for when she's sick bit she can't keep that down either.  Poor baby just isnt herself so pale and lethargic 💔💔

• Amy sounds like you are having a terrible time and i really hope Orla gets better soon. its horrible knowing we cant do anything for them  :( xxx

• Thank you m... Isn't it! how are you and your little one getting on? xxx

• we are good yes, Grace is a lil snuffly at the moment but nothing to worry about and we are still having few issues having a poop but other than this she is coming on brilliantly. She makes me sooo proud. Xxx

• Oh amy that sounds awful!! Poor little girl! Sounds awful for you all. 

so lovely to hear how happy you are mummy2threeangels. It's the hardest thing I've ever done but definitely the best as well. 

piglet im so sorry I didn't reply sooner - I meant to and then obviously got distracted!! Dexter is also awake quite a lot! Sometimes he's really awake and wants to play and other times he just sits there either day dreaming or a bit grizzley but doesn't want to sleep. He's normally pretty alert and active though. We only really get 2 good naps between about 8am - 930pm. 

How is everyone doing In themselves? I think I've got mastitis so off to the doctors tomorrow But other than that we're doing well although I struggle with the tiredness sometimes. He's definitely worth it but god what I'd do for 8 hours sleep!! Actually make that 6 and I'd feel like a new woman!! Xx