Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Oh god the breast vs bottle argument makes me so cross! I have no idea why when you become a parent your business becomes everyone elses business! I have had 4 babies. All breast fed for different amounts of time. My three eldest were fed 3 months, 6 weeks and 9 months. No allergies, no more illnesses in one child over the others. The bonding has been the same. In other words, it's made no difference. They are all happy, healthy and loved children and that's what matters! It's the same with all parenting techniques you use, co-sleeping, babywearing, baby led weaning etc etc you will be judged.

Do what works for you all! Happy mum(and Dad) equals happy baby!

X  

• Options

Mummy to three angels don't worry too much about weight as long as there gaining Tilly in nearly 9 weeks and only just coming up to 10lbs there all catch up in the end.

piglet is exactly right everyone always has an opinion and a lot of the time it isn't very useful! X

• Options

So sorry to hear some of you are having a rough time of it for bottle feeding! It drives me nuts that people are so unhelpful and opinionated - you're trying desperately hard to do whatever is best for your baby and comments really don't help. I'm still breastfeeding and I get them too - "oh you have mastitis because obviously the latch isn't very good" or "oh he us bad colic because he's obviously not positioned right and taking in too much air" or "why don't you just give him a bottle?" It makes you feel like a failure when actually you know you are doing exactly the right thing for your baby because you're their mum and you are responding to what they want/need. Fed is best whether it's bottle or breast. Everyone will always have had it ten times worse than you but coped ten times better. it shocks me how unsupportive other woman can be towards each other. Ladies you are all doing an amazing job on what has been the toughest journey of my life. Whether you are bottle feeding or breast feeding, feeling happy or sad, worrying or confident, you are all doing an amazing job and you need to look down at your gorgeous little bundle and be so proud of what you have achieved xx

• Options

Hi all sorry not messaged in a while feel like I never get bloody time lol! Maci is doing so well. She turns 6 weeks on Monday. She weighed 10lbs last time I had her weighed. Little chunky monkey!! 

She's feeding really well on 5-6oz every 3-4 hours. She's sleeping about 7 hours every night, I feel like I'm bragging 🙈 I'm so proud of her. She's such a happy baby. Her smiles are just perfect. I'm glad to see all baby's are doing well generally. Hope the poop problem got sorted. Maci had this when she was newborn and we had to change her milks. Xxx

• Options

She's beautiful! Gorgeous smile! 7 hours is brilliant. 

This is my chunky Charlie! This sleep suit us 3-6 months! He's on the 91st centile for length and weight. I've never had a big baby before. My other three are tiny! My daughter is below the 0.4th for height!

• Options

Hi ladies. Just wondered if any of your babies have sleepy days. She is 6 Weeks old. Yesterday and today she has been sleeping quite a lot. She is still feeding well and is alert when she's awake but she's is just sleeping more than usual. Could it be a growth spurt maybe? I worry about everything 😕 xx

• Options

Wow what i wouldn't give for 7 hours lol! Ezra did it ONCE in 7 weeks haha. More often it'll be 4 hours, feed, 3 hours, feed, 2 hours. But he's breastfed so I guess that's why he needs to eat more often cus it digests quicker doesn't it. 

Your babies are beaut by the way! 

Ezra is now 11lb 11oz and is still just 50th for weight and 75th for height, and growing perfect according to the charts. We get proper smiles now and gurgling which is amazing! 

This is him smiling or his Aunty and nanny. The in laws. 

• Options

Oh and Linzi, Ezra does have more sleepy days. I think you just have to be careful  they refuse to eat, as that's a sign of illness. And the fact that she's happy and aware when she is awake shows she's fine. Just let her sleep! They're like us, some days we are more tired than other days. But cus we're adults we can't just go to sleep like they can! 🙈

• Options

Charlie has sleepy days too. They have growth spurts to which can make them sleepy. If you Google when they have growth spurts its amazing how they tend to do it bang on time. I'm sure they have one at 6 weeks x 

• Options

lovely pictures everyone babies sleep more days than others.

Tilly  is just under 9th centile for weight but 75th centile for head! I'm hoping it is her brain and she will be intelligent! X

• Options

Hey everyone hope you are all well. Just a question could Grace be teething? She sucks her hand, runny poops and unsettled of a night? she is 7 weeks now so im not sure xx

• Options

Hi m23angels its not impossible but unlikely I think. I thought this with Tilly As she was dribbling a bit. It may just be her finding her hands now or that she is a little bit hungry? Do you use a dummy? X

• Options

Yeah Ezra has been really dribbly too and is just 8 weeks. I was wondering if he could be teething? 

• Options

Hi

Rory sucks his hands a lot too, i think it's comfort.  He also dribbles a lot.. I read somewhere that it was their saliva glands developing but im not sure. He also 7 weeks x

• Options

She does have a dummy to go to sleep with but she soon spits it out once settled, my nephew started teething rather early he was 9 weeks and got a tooth through at 12 weeks so was just wondering wether she was an early starter too! 

Cberg your prob right she may just be finding her hands becaise she was certainly finding her lungs last night 🙈 she soon cried herself to sleep though and slept for 7.5 hours 😍

Mrs Burns my mjm also said it could be for comfort, she was sucking on my lil finger and soon drifted to sleep but she didnt want her dummy once eyes were closed xxx

• Options

Hi everyone, would you like to test and keep a Britax Be-READY travel system worth over £550? If so, please check out this thread and sign up! (We're looking for mums with babies, mums with babies AND toddlers as this buggy can be adapted into a double buggy, and also anyone with twins too!)

• Options

Hi Ladies,

Hope you and your lovely babies are well.

Charlie is 8 weeks now and doing really well. His sleep is getting better and better. I can't remember who was asking about a Ewan the Sheep but we've recently got one and if your baby likes white noise it's brilliant. Sends Charlie off to sleep in minutes. 

Beartobe and loubeelou, I see you reviewed a Britax buggy. I've been picked to review the Britax B ready. I'm so excited! Can't wait to get it! 

X

• Options
    Ahhhh piglet i have also been picked to test the Britax B ready pram. Cant wait!so Grace got weighed before and she is now 11lb 11 oz and is following her chart perfectly im so happy however she has her first lot of needles at 1.30pm and i have already been sobbing ????Any suggestions of what to expect? X
  • Options

Hi all, wonderful to hear you're getting involved with out product tests! 

We wanted to drop in and let you know about some threads we’re talking about today.

The first is from a new member, she’s just pregnant and she’s wondering how is she going to fill her time until that big first scan at 12 weeks? How did you do it? Her thread is here. 

The next thread is about having your baby using the NHS - do you have any wonderful stories to share about the care you received when you gave birth? Please come and post them on this thread

Anyone got any sleep tips for this mum with a 7month old who just won't settle for his naps? That thread's here. 

And if you have any experience with postnatal depression, please do check out this thread here. 

Thank you!