Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

October 2016 Babies

Replies

• Have you tried any white noise? Charlie wouldn't settle very well or for very long until we tried an app for babies. He loves it. We now have the Ewan the Sheep which is great. We can put him down awake with it playing and within 10 mins he's asleep. He doesn't grumble for that 10 minutes either, he just grunts and wriggles till he falls asleep x 

• I second white noise I have a babies app called baby sleep sounds pro I pop it on my phone set the timer and Tilly drops off that's how I taught her to go in the crib awake and get herself to sleep. She also has a light show it sends me off as well! X

• I've just downloaded that app to try it out. Ezra will only fall asleep after nursing then I have to wait 15 Mins to get into a deep sleep to put him down. Would be great if I could get him to go down with white noise instead.

Also, I know it's early, but is anyone's baby in their own room yet? Or still sleeping in Mum and dads room? 

• i use white noise too, the vacuum cleaner setting! lol

• Nancy's still in our room, she will be until she's at least 6 months old xx 

• Dexters still in our room too, will play it by ear when we move him into his own room but I feel like he's still a bit little at the moment and his sleep is still terrible, when his sleep settles down I will think about it though because I do worry we disturb him!!

what settings do people use on the white noise apps that seem to be successful? I've got a few for Dexter but he's just not that fussed on them!! But maybe im not trying the ri ones! Xx

• With the app I used the white noise button but any of the sounds work with Charlie.

Me and Charlie are sleeping in his room (technically our spare room) so my hubby isn't disturbed. I will probably go back in our room once Charlie's sleep has settled into a better routine. With the others I think it was around 3 months. We have the Angelcare monitor with sensor pad. I don't think I would be able to sleep at all let alone in another room without it!

X

• Hoover or hairdryer it may take a while I did read after 3 months not always as good x

• Hey ladies,

Grace will not settle unless the tv is on! Is this normal haha

also had her the walk in today and she has bronchiolitis so is rather poorly at the koment! Got to keep an eye on her and if i feel she is getting worse to take her straight to our childrens hospital 😢

stay warm everyone xxx

• Mummy2threeangels- oh no poor Grace. That bronchiolitis is going around. My friends baby has only just been released from hospital yesterday after a week in there. Please keep an eye on her. 

Beartobe- After lots of testing I think the rain setting works best with Ezra. He had a 2 hour nap yesterday with that setting on! 

Yes Ezra is still in with us in our room. He feels so little to be in his own room, but I do worry that we disturb him . When we do put him in his nursery we have a breathing monitor and audio/video monitor too so at least he'll be completely safe. 

My friend is due in 2 days and it's bringing up all those feelings I had when Ezra was due. Can you believe we have 2 month olds now?! Time flies. 

• Post withdrawn at user's request

• I think it's whatever works best for you don't worry as long as we're all sleeping! 

Hi firstpinkbaby I don't breastfeed so can't help but my daughter has reflux and is a nightmare to feed also even though hungry so can understand your frustrations maybe try different positioning? Hopefully one of these ladies can help x

• Hi firstpinkbaby

yes! Rory is exacally the same! It's only been like this the last week or so but he screams and kicks his legs around when feeding the refuses to go back on.  I have to calm him down, change his nappy, taok to him and then try again, try a different position.  He's also been having green poo since being like this so I don't think he is having enough hind milk.  

Do you boobs become quite engorged at all? do you express? is she gassy? .

• Hi ladies, 

Mummy2threeangels, poor Grace. Hope she is better soon.

Firstpinkbaby. Does she get frantic? Charlie used to do that. Heath visitor told me its a behavioural thing and they will grow out of it. She told me to take him off, settle and just keep trying. 

We've had a sick bug go round our house. All three of my older kids have had it. Just praying Charlie doesn't get it.

X

• Hi lovely ladies,

Grace seems a little better today and poor lil lamb has slept through the last two night which is a delight for me 11-7 but i doubt it will last (seems to good to be true) just glad my baby is still smiling :)

Hi firstpinkbaby - I'm sure you will fit right in :) so welcome x

Thank you Loubeelou - I was nearly taking her to A&E but she seems to cough a load of yuck up (which i believe is difficult for babies to do) and has been getting better. Hope your friends baby is on the mend poor lil love xx

Thank you piglet xx

• Mummy2threeangels- so glad to hear that. Thanks. I just spoke to her mum and apparently they call it the 100 day cough and they had to postpone her jabs until she's all better so looks like she'lo be hibernating this winter to keep away from any more bugs, the doctors also said that she'll be susceptible to coughs now poor little love.

firstpinkbaby- welcome!! Yeah Ezra does that too gets all frantic and I take him off calm him down. Only started two days ago! Will mention it to my hv see what she says

piglet- that must be so hard if your other kids have a sickness bug! I hope Charlie doesn't get it too!

Mrsburns- oh I hope Rory gets better. Ezra had green poos for almost 3 weeks out of his 9! It really worried me. But it went as soon as we gave him his gaviscon/ranitidine for his reflux.

• Post withdrawn at user's request

• Firstpinkbaby- I'm glad youre getting a bf consultant. Hopefully they'll be able to see what it is and help baby get through it. Let us know what they say when figure it out

• I hate feeding!

has anyone taken there little ones swimming? I'm keen but worried about going alone. Do people still use things like rubber rings or anything with babies? Any tips on how to make it less stressful? X

• Welcome firstpinkbaby- sorry to hear you're having problems with feeding but glad you're going to speak to someone about it. Feeding can be so stressful! Nice to have you with us though. 

Cberg- Dexter swims every week and loves it. if at all possible go with someone the first time in case LO doesn't like it, will make it much less stressful!! It also makes getting in and out the pool much easier! they need to wear swim nappies and ideally also a happy nappy to stop any leakages!! And then if you're not swimming in a hydro pool they should also wear a wetsuit. Dexter loves just floating around in the water and if you lay them on their backs with one hand under the head and one on the back they will float!! Alternatively if you put you hands on their chest and your thumbs on the side of the neck/shoulder they'll float on their fronts! And then just a nice comfy towel to wrap them in afterwards As they get cold quickly. Hope that helps. Good luck xx