Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SLEEP

hii everybody, my 10month little boy does not sleep through the night, wakes up screaming asif someone has hurt him he will do this untill you feed him milk, ive tried water, juice and left him to cry which he will continue to cry untill he gets milk.. in the day i feed him 3 meals and inbetween snacks any ideas what else to try because i am sooo tired and other mums babys slept through from 6weeks, oh and he has two half hour naps in the day.

thanks for reading

Replies

• Hi,

I don't mean to scare you but my 2 year old girl still doesn't sleep through the night - she  is also a milk addict and wakes up about 2 times at night to have some (my partner doesn't mind to get up to feed her that's why we haven't done anything about it)

I know that if it's affecting you you should talk to your GP/Health Visitor about seeing a sleep specilaist. Or try cry it out approach again 

Good luck,

Irene

• Poor, poor you.

My LO started sleeping from 8months....previously he was a nightmare..wanting milk every 2/3 hours.

I got my husband to take our LO for five nights (I couldn't face doing it!) and just sooth him/give him a dummy when he woke up. And it did work...LO didn't need his milk anymore (apart from a 10pm feed which we haven't dropped yet).

• Hi Tanisha Mcgarity,

I also posted your question on Facebook and it's started to get some responses:

https://www.facebook.com/madeformums

I hope you manage to get some sleep soon!

• I know it is really frustrating, and will drive you nuts, but that is what some babies are like, we had a nigtmare with the first (now 4) and didnt really get a full nights sleep until well into her third year.

Makes you mad though when friends say theirs goes down from 7 til 7 !!   

• I am having the same problem with my little one. he is one year old and goes to bed with no problem and then wakes up in the night and ends up in my bed every night. my friends are saying that it will cause me so many problems when he gets older in the fact that I wont get him out of my bed but I just dont know what to do as its the only way he will go back to sleep.

• When your kid is not willing to go to sleep even after you have tried reading to him or after a soothing bath, you can try this neat trick. It takes counting sheep to a little person’s level. Close your eyes and tell your child that it’s a game of who can keep their eyes closed the longest without talking.