Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2016 Babies

Replies

• imageimageMy two sleep in the baby boxes our hospital now give to all new mums. 

If baby is liking cuddles you could try placing something with your smell on ( muslin square, spare tshirt ) into the bed wrapped around the mattress where baby's head is to lie. You can also buy swaddling robes which may help. 

Winding seems to be all about finding the best position - in our case stretched out across the knees facing the floor is working best. May seem daft but if it is taking a long time in one position then try another  (sat upright on your knees, up on your shoulders, laid against your forearm...). Best wishes & good luck. X 

• Yes, little Penny struggles with her wind too, especially at night. I can be sat for 2 hours trying & that can get frustrating at the 3am feed. I'm not exactly sure why but she's much tighter with her wind at night than she is in day. 

She doesn't like sleeping or laying flat on her back so we had some sleeping issues at the beginning but I have put a rolled up sleeping bag under the mattress & now she sleeps brilliantly when she's got all her wind up. 

I also use infacol just before a bottle & then use gripe water a little while after a feed, I also have a single Dr Browns bottle & that seems to do the trick all by itself with help from the infacol.

I hope you all find a solution that helps

X

• we got the baby box for hosptal too I love it so handy for downstairs and can use as a toy box fro when his older :) 

• Hi everyone, how are you doing? 

We wanted to drop in and let you know about some threads we’re talking about today.

The first is from a new member, she’s just pregnant and she’s wondering how is she going to fill her time until that big first scan at 12 weeks? How did you do it? Her thread is here. 

The next thread is about having your baby using the NHS - do you have any wonderful stories to share about the care you received when you gave birth? Please come and post them on this thread

And if you have any experience with postnatal depression, please do check out this thread here. 

Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, if you've posted on this thread, please can you PM me your full name and address so we can send you your little baby gift? Thanks so much! 

• I love the idea off the baby box...shame my hospital don't do them x 

• Aww i wish my hospital did the baby boxes 🙁

Esmé is very windy too and i have tried everything from Infacol, to gripe water and yesterday Colief which seemed to work last night but its made her more sick and quite unsettled today. I think i will make a trip to the docs with her to see if there is something else she can have (my son had reflux and was on stay down milk with gaviscon)

Its lovely to see all the babies thriving 😍

Xx

• My kaden suffers with is wind I'm using infacol he has reflux too gp gave me infant gaviscon it's the first day today but will let you know if it works. these babies are just adorable 😊

• I've just enjoyed catching up on all our lovely babies, Beau will be 3 weeks tomorrow and is doing really well, he's gaining weight lovely and boy does he love he's boobies .He's sooo happy and content but the last two nights he's played up when placed back in his snuzpod to sleep, I've found swaddling helps and im going to try him with a dummy as he just wants to suckle for comfort but then he's gauging and being sick.

I'm really struggling with my 4 year old daughter,  She absolutely adores Beau but has been so tearful, I'm sure it us having to stay in hospital for the 1st 10 days and the separation, I've been making a big fuss of her so hoping it will make a difference.

Here's my perfect little man 😍

imageimageimage

• Aww I love his blanket I want to get one for Kane his 4 weeks Sunday where has the time gone already his changed so much already :) 

• All of these babies 😍 So lovely! Also reassuring for me as a first time mum to see I'm not the only one with a really windy baby and using infacol etc. It took me a little while to realise it was wind and I had the whole baby blues middle of the night cry about not being able to settle Theo. But I think we're getting there now. 

Is anyone combination feeding? Theo is three weeks today, but where I had some breastfeeding issues at the start he dropped down to 5lbs 10oz - although almost to 7lbs and we've passed his birth weight now (6lbs 9oz) and got discharged by the midwife this week 💪🏼I'm still trying to stay on breastfeeding as much as I can but he's currently wanting to feed almost every hour and it's just so draining! X

• imageCooper is now 15 days old and is doing great, my daughter can't keep away from xx

• I am combination feeding the twins Hattie (or I would have one or both latched to me 24/7). I literally alternate one breastfeed followed by a bottle...gives me time to replenish my milk in between  (as well as eat & drink myself).

My current issue is with nappies - Amelia is still having plenty of dirty nappies while Matthew hasn't pooed in over 24hrs & is very unsettled by it. I have done lots of tummy massages & even pumped his little legs but nothing yet. Not uncommon with newborn babies but still frustrating when he is crying for cuddles all night long  (& waking everyone else  ).

Hope all other babies are doing well. x

• I feel like a launderette today lol (in all fairness i do most days) can't believe that Beau is growing out of his 1st size clothes, he's really starting to fill out and I'm starting to see who he is rather thanimage how much he looked like my other 2 when they were new born, he's also definitely my most chilled out baby......just hope I haven't spoke too soon! 

So next size up clothes all washed, I've only really dressed him in baby grows but today he's in a little pair of dungarees 😍 it's lovely having a little boy again x

Beau with my nan x

• imageHad my little lass weighed today & she's a whopping 9lb 7oz.. put almost a pound on in 2 weeks. 

I can't believe she's growing out of her first size clothes, I never thought she would considering she was so small lol. Maybe we will fit in to the Christmas outfit I got her lol!

Everyone is seeing her changing but I don't see it, obviously because I see her everyday! Xx 

• Hi everyone!

So Nancy is 8 weeks tomorrow and we had her weighed today- 8lb exactly!!! She is doing really well and we are getting lots of smiles and awake time now! Still working through her wind/reflux/digestion issues. I've now gone dairy free and we have changed to Gripe water instead of infacol and it's made a fair amount of difference- she is loads more settled now!!! She is also sleeping longer- up to 6 hours at night!!

Hope you are all well... here is my little smiler :-) xxximage

• Oh wow, that's brilliant Apricot0904. My little one is 6 week tomorrow & a little heavier than your smiler, oh my lol! 

Glad it's getting a lot better, we're having a bit of wind & tummy ache trouble too, gripe water seems to be doing the trick but I've also used infacol too, I used this from the start & then stopped so not sure if that is what's causing the tummy ache so using it again along with gripe water. We'll see what happens as HV says it takes about a week but I can't see Penny struggle for that long so I'll be trying everything I can! xxx

• imageEsmé is 5 weeks and 3 days now and is fair filling out - she now weighs 11lbs!! (Im 5ft 7 and other half is 6ft 1 so i reckon shes gonna be tall like her brother & sister)

We are just going through the process of elimination with her wind/pooing problems and tried colief which settled her loads but the docs wouldnt prescribe it so now shes on infant gaviscon (like my son was) which seems to be working but can cause constipation so having to massage her belly to get things moving. 

Time is flying so i am cherising every single moment with her as she is definatley my last! I am loving seeing her smile when i talk and sing to her and shes making the cooing, oohing and ahhh sounds now which is sooooo adorable! 

Xx

• Oh wow, bless her. What a little smiler!

I'm loving the cheeky little smiles I get, I love talking to her & being silly, her smile gets so wide I feel like she wants to giggle but doesn't know how yet.  

Well, we seem to be going through the habit of waking up at 1am & only having 2oz of bottle out of the 4oz we usually have, I can't decide wether I need to persevere a little more trying to get her back down or if she's having it to help with her tummy ache because when she does have a bottle, I tend to feel her wind on my knee. Does anyone else have this problem? 

I try to leave her to go the full stretch to her next bottle but I feel like I'm starving the poor thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? xx 

• Wow aren't all our Babies growing, they look so chunky now 😂 can't wait for Beau's 1st smiles, he's trying bless him and my mum was adamant he's smiled at her but not 4 weeks until Friday so it might just be wishful thinking.

Beau's becoming more alert and will have upto 3 hours awake in the morning and evening. The night feeds are killing me,last night he fed at 10pm, 12am, 1.30 am, 3am, 5am and again at 6.30am, seriously it's killing me, I've been having a sneeky nap in the day but then feel the day is wasted and im not on top of Christmas yet! health visitor came today and weighed Beau, the little fatty has piled on 13oz in a week! health visitor said 4-6oz was the norm 😂 

Looking foward to seeing babies in their Christmas outfits 😍