Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2016 Babies

Replies

• Kazzie M im exhausted keeping up with one demanding baby let alone two, must be my age lol, I had so much more energy when I did it at 18 years 😂

Good to hear everyone had a lovely Christmas and don't all the babies look well. I'm sooo jealous hannal the sleep deprivation is killing me, I did try topping  Beau up with formula after his bedtime feed, he only took 2oz and the I regretted it as he was clearly in pain with his stomach until he opened his bowels at 6am, Beau normally fills his nappy about 10 mins after each feed and still only went 2 hours until he wanted feeding again. oh well he's clearly getting enough as we've taken to calling him a little budda as his face is getting really chubby 😂 ximage

• Hi everyone, we hope you've had a wonderful Christmas and festive break. We were also wondering if you've done any sale shopping and bagged a bargain? If so, won't you come and tell us what you've bought on this thread? 

• Hey you lot, hope you are all well & had a cracking start to 2017. First year for me of being in the house & sober lol but wouldn't change it at all.

I'm after a bit of advice if anyone can help. My LO is 9 weeks old on Wednesday and she has started having 5 oz bottles between 4 & 4.5 hours, sometimes sooner, this is pretty much same as when she was on 4oz, is this a sign of a growth spurt?

Also, she's awake a lot longer than usual in the day but fights to go to sleep, sometimes she can doze off laid on her cushion or she likes to be held & swayed but on a couple of occasions today she has screamed at us, working herself up because she's tired but doesn't go down straight away, could this also be a growth spurt? 

Xx

• Happy new year to you all we had a quiet one  few drinks and a take away and was in bed by 10 lol baby tree Kane is 7 weeks and has 4 ounces every 3/4 hours sometimes he will settle strai away sometimes he needs a cuddle and to rock him he had his own little routine though and normally in bed by 7/8 of a night waking up about midnight then again at 4 then between 7/8 in morning 

• Hey Babytree, i was told by my HV that they have a growth spurt at around 6 week ish (but can be later). Esmé did and went to the 91st percentile line. In that week and last week she fed more, slept more  and was more unsettled at bedtime but now (shes 8 weeks today) she has fallen into a more settled routine of bath, bottle and bed. She goes down between 8 and 9 then wakes between 2 and 3 then again at around 6 or 7. Shes also self settling too when i put her upstairs, so i only go to her if she cries. 

Your little 

• Your little one is probably having a growth spurt, just hang in there and keep to the same routine and she will go back to being settled again.

The next stage is teething....thats the one stage i am not looking forward to 😱😱 

xx

• I keep thinking the same teething next poor little things😞

• Thanks for the replies you two. I'm yet to get her weighed this week so will see what she is on Thursday. 

She has been a little unsettled through the night too.. waking up a couple of times but going back down straight away once I pop her dummy back in, I'm wondering if I should see if she'll settle on her own. 

JimJamJem do you pop your LO in bed & return downstairs? I'm thinking of getting a baby monitor & trying this to see if we can get a proper routine established but she's still in her moses basket in my room. Do you give a last bottle before bed? I can never time it right with her feeds so she has one around 6pm but then doesn't wake up for her late one. I tried waking her up last night but she only took a couple of oz & then fell asleep. 

Xx

• Esmé is still in my room in her moses basket too and we have a baby monitor so i put her down then go downstairs. I got the one where i can see her and it plays lullabies too which she loves (fortunatley my LO loves noise and will go to sleep with music/vac/hairdryer etc) so when i put her down i can see if shes just trying to settle or if she is upset. She has a bottle at 6pm too and thats when i bath her (just after) to keep her awake a bit longer. I use all the nightime bath, shampoo and bodywash to relax her if shes not sleepy at that time. Then after getting her ready for bed and cuddles downstairs then i give her another bottle between 8 and 9 (she cluster feeds in the evening). She will then sleep till around 3am. 

If your LO is too sleepy at 6 then maybe a bath will wake her up a bit. Maybe give a one slightly earlier then give her a bottle then put her down. I also dont cuddle her to sleep either, when she starts dozing off i then take her upstairs so she knows its bedtime. 

Usually because its around 9 when i put her down i dont give her another bottle. If dream feeding isnt working for your LO maybe try getting her to sleep later in the afternoon for an hour then she will be more awake in the early eve? 

Its all trial and error, she will get into a routine herself - you just need to take her cues and if she sleeps too early then try and adjust her feeding times 

xx

• We have had a bed time routine from the beginning downstairs sleeping during day them from 7/8 he goes upstairs with moniters on I did the same with my girls and they have always been good sleepers 

• Hi Ladies, happy new year. 

Growth spurts typically occur at 6wks, 12wks &16wks Babytree but then no baby sticks to text book. If you have recently had the 8wks immunisations  (we have just had our letters) then these can make baby unsettled for a few days. Teething is also a possibility  (my now 5yr old cut her first tooth at 9wks old ).

I have sadly hit the stage where my breast milk is slowing in production & I am having to use more & more formula to satiate the twins. Feeling a little saddened but still grateful to have got this far with the breastfeeding  (I had fears during pregnancy that I wouldn't get past the first week ).

The troublesome two seem to be testing Mummy & Daddy lately - New Years Eve it was Amelia who settled down to sleep while Matthew wanted cuddles & chats, last night they switched & Matthew nodded off while Amelia demanded attention. It's lovely that they are so smiley & focused on our faces while being held but Mummy & Daddy aren't feeling like 'Night Owls' at 4 in the morning 😕

Hope everyone else is doing well. X

• Thanks ladies. Weve not had our immunosations yet, we may be having them friday with our 6-8 week check up which is a little late as my doctors are useless.

She's not completely out of routine as I try to take her to bed at the same time every night, it may just be me being paranoid about what I do now that will effect her sleep in the future. 

KazzieM you've done brilliantly to get this far. Don't be too hard on yourself, they've got plenty of what they need from you.

I did think about teething as she chews her hand a lot, even after she's been fed. Will it be obvious that a tooth is coming through, not really sure what I'm feeling for (feeling dim at this point lol)

Thanks for that JimJamJem.. I will be getting a monitor to get her into that sort of routine of sleeping on her own for a while until I go up to bed, see how that pans out, she's not so bad for going down on her own sometimes when she's not majorly over tired. It might help that she's in a quiet room because she's so nosey. 

Thanks everyone xx

• Happy New Year ladies and babies.

I've just been catching up on thread, seems like babies are done really well. I had a couple of good night's with Beau where by he's only woken up twice in the nights for feeds which was lovely, however he's back to feeding every 2 hours, hubby's been getting up with him while he's h

• Phone has a mind of its own and posted for me 😂

Been off over Xmas and giving me an extra 2 hours to catch up on sleep, but he's back at work tomorrow and ive just set alarm for school run so will be hanging tomorrow 🔫 think Beau must be on a permanent growth spurt, I keep hoping he'll suck all the fat out of me 😂 I haven't had him weighed for a few weeks but have health visitor Wednesday and the consultant appointment following the meningitis after.

Beau's also really started playing up if I place him in his moses basket or crib, only wants to sleep if being held, I'm really trying to persevere with him but it's resulting in a very tired cranky baby who's awake for 3+ hours at a time and just won't settle, I can't get anything done. He's been such a chilled baby who is a complete pleasure to a grumpy little man! still love him to bits 😍 xXx 

• Hi everyone, we wanted to drop by and wish you all a very happy new year. We also wondered if you've made any new years resolutions, won't you come and tell us about them on this new thread here? 

Happy 2017 to you all! We hope it's a very happy and healthy one. 

• Chezabeelle Kane's been the same I think having the other two off and being Loud  has disrupted his sleep too though but he wants to be held mainly at his last feed before he goes to bed mine are still off for an week 

• image My little chunk, 8 weeks and 2 days xx

• Hello!
    On the forum today, we're talking about women and mums having to cope with the 'invisible workload'. This means dealing with things like knowing when you're running out of toothpaste, remembering all teacher meetings and events at school, knowing which child prefers what, and those types of things. 

We were wondering, who does this in your house? Please do come and check out the thread here and let us know what you think... 

• Think your right SJ83, my daughter went back to school yesterday and he's slept much better and not as grumpy, we still have a few unsettled hours each evening but he's back to giving us big smiles.

Lovely pic Jimjamjen83, had Beau weighed this morning, he's currently 11lbs, and growing out of his 'up to one month' clothes 😢

• Hi everyone,

We wanted to ask you all, is it ever ok for a stranger to touch your child? Like, moving them out of the way, or tickling them, or is it just not on at all? Please do come and tell us what you think on this new thread here.