Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hello ladies! So much to catch up on! Lovely seeing all the babies and how much they've grown already ☺️

Theo had his 6wk check up yesterday - my chunky spud has definitely had a growth spurt and hopped up from the 9th centile to 50th 💪🏼 Seems combination feeding is the best way forward for us at the moment. 

He's also fallen into a nighttime routine; feeds at 1am and 5am every night. But finding it difficult to settle him in an evening. Have you guys found it easier because you've already got children? Any tips for me?! As much as I love my cuddles, don't want to make a rod for my own back when he's older and still awake at 11pm 😳

Anyway. Here's my boy 🙊

• Options

No Hattie, even with my 2 older girls, Matthew & Amelia take time to settle down & are having their preferred routines  (Amelia likes a bottle feed in Daddy's arms before snuggling into his armpit while Matthew prefers to nod off with a breastfeed ). I have braved a couple of nights putting them both either end of the Cotbed but it took a good 30 minutes for them to settle down each time. They are falling into a regular feeding pattern now which is helping a little but both twins love their hugs (Amelia is definitely Daddy's girl while Matthew is Mummy's boy).

• Options

Hi Ladies, 

My LO has had her first injections today & it wasn't nice. We gave her calpol just before them & she's slept since the car ride home at 6pm. She hasn't woke up for her 7:30pm bottle, I'm giving her more calpol around 10pm & hoping she'll take a bottle, that will be her dream feed but I'm expecting her to wake up & be unsettled through the night.

Any tips on how to handle first time injections?

• Options

Hi everyone new mum I was wondering if anyone had any advice my little one is now 8 weeks had his jabs. We had to change milk because HV thought he may have colic that didn't settle him and he started rejecting his feeds and was constipated we have now gone back to his old milk with gaviscon as he may have reflux but still isn't drinking very much his nappies are green and runny nd he seems unsettled not sure what to do HV seems to think tummy bug anyone got any ideas thanks xx 

• Options

Hi Katie, I'm not sure wether your LO has a tummy bug but green coloured poop does indicate belly ache. Is he getting all his wind up now he is back on original formula? I give my little one infacol for her wind & I changed her bottles to Dr browns and it's made tonnes of difference. I also know that Gaviscon makes babies constipated as my LO is on it too and every doctor & health visitor has said the same. 

I would have thought if it was a tummy bug he would be vomiting too but please don't go on that alone. If it is runny there's every chance of diarrhoea. Have you got LO in to see the doctor? 

• Options

He has always had a problem bringing up wind I tried infacol but that made him a bit more sicky tried gripe water he really hated that it does seem like diarrhoea he just seems to be taking less milk I wonder it it's all because of his jabs maybe? Cuz he still seems happy in him self yeah he wasn't worried and gave me gaviscon xx 

• Options

Depending on how recently they have had the jabs this could be a side effect  (medication can also turn poo green ). They can have slight temperature & be more sleepy for a few days following injections as the body response. As long as they are still having wet nappies then you shouldn't have a problem & should see them return to normal within the week 

• Options

Hi everyone Kane 8 weeks Tomoz has his first injections nxt week :( not looking forward to it I agree that maybe the green poo could be down to medication Kane struggles some times and I noticed he had a green one and then nxt one was normal yellow again think it was green cos was waiting to go for a couple of days 

• Options

Love kane's little babygrow, I found some out the other day that I'd forgotten about, and typical there now too small 🙈

Well we've been hit by a sickness bug, it was horrendous last night, my daughter started being sick about 10pm and it went on all night so between feeding Beau I've been stripping bed and scrubbing carpets,  my kitchen looks like a launderette. I'm wondering if Beau has a touch of it, hrs not been sick but crying a lot and really unsettled and every poo is green, he's Still being breastfed and ive not eaten anything that I think could of upset his tummy, was hoping for an afternoon nap but what are the chances of both kids sleeping at the same time! imageimagebit of fun yesterday morning, my daughter was devestated that she couldn't actually push Beau around, mind you my little sister use to shove my eldest in her toy pram but he was about 18 months at the time 😂

• Options

Thanks its from boots beau looks like his having a great time bless him my youngest would do the same if I gave her the opportunity lol she lover playing with dolls 

• Options

Hi everyone, 
    We're talking about brilliant baby stuff, that you didn't know you needed until after you had your baby.

If you have any gems to recommend, please do come and tell us your best products on this new thread here. Thank you! 

• Options

imageHello, hope everyone is doing well. We have all had colds these past few days  (Blooming typical with jabs due Saturday, Mummy's temperature hit 40 yesterday so got very little done). Hopefully on the mend now but Matthew is wanting a lot of reassuring cuddles so am having to 'babywear' to catch up on housework. Fortunately Amelia is a bit more settled  (touch wood).

Hope everyone else has escaped the seasonal bugs. Not looking forward to the forecast of snow in the next 24-48hrs, my Raynauds is already starting to play up, I'll be dressed as though climbing Mount Everest 😂😢

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know that we're looking for some judges in the new MadeForMums Awards 2017!

We’re specifically looking for pregnant women, breastfeeding mums, bottle-feeding mums, and mums of babies under a year. If you fit any of these criteria, please do come and add your details on this new thread here.  

• Options

Luckily we have all been well so far Kane had his jabs today was horrible he screamed :( had to have 3 injections his seemwe fine since just sleepy prob from the calpol 

• Options

Morning mummies :)

Hope you are all well.

Seems little ones are coming round to the time of jabs. I hope all babies & mummies are okay.

My LO has been funny with her bottles. She's been crying for them but then when I give her a bottle she only has half of it & falls asleep or wriggles because she has wind that we're struggling with again but once I get wind up she's still wriggling as though she is full & doesn't want the rest of the bottle. She's currently on 5oz.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm not sure wether it could be from her injections last Friday or she could be teething as she's also slavering a lot too. She's only 10 weeks old.

X

• Options

Hi baby tree I found kane was doing this normally 5oz would drink two go to sleep but then be hungry but not want his bottle a hour to two hours later I changed his teats to number  2 even though they say from 3 months and his drinking much better now 

• Options

See I wondered wether it could be that. She still gulps a little bit though so I was holding off. I'll try her with number 2s. She's finished a bottle this morning but took a while to get down it & I had to keep waking her up. Thanks Sj83

• Options

if not just go back to the first ones will have to use the nxt size eventually any way so not a waste of money Hopfully works X 

• Options

She's just had a bottle with level 2 teats & she wolfed it down within 10 mins. Let's hope the others are all like that today. Thanks 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well? 

Two threads we're talking about today...
    The first is, is it snowing where you are in the UK? Come and show us your snowy pics on this thread here, we'd love to see them. 

The other thread is, we are looking for your lovely/funny/difficult/amazing TTC, pregnancy and parenting stories: have you got one to share with us? If so, please come on over to this thread. We would LOVE to hear from you.