Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hi smith123 

glad to hear getting on ok Josephine is 11 days old also bottle fed and cluster feeding between 5 and 9 ! Just didn't know how much she wants but she does sleep a good bit bewtween 11 and 5 daytime l.

night feeds are going good also she sleep from 10-3 then 3-7 7-10  

xx

• Options

So after being 12 days late baby Alice arrived on 6/01/17. After 3 failed pessarys, waters broken, forceps delivery and stitches she came out at 9lb 5oz.

• Options

HOORAY EmmaA1990, she's finally here! Poor bruised baby Alice, but isn't she gorgeous - and that's a really healthy weight! We would LOVE to hear your birth story, do you fancy sharing how it all went down on the Big Birth thread if you get the chance? 

• Options

Congratulations Emma, Alice is beautiful. 

We have all had coughs & colds these past few days ( Blooming typical with jabs due Saturday, Mummy's temperature hit 40 yesterday ). Trying to catch up on housework but Matthew wanting lots of reassuring cuddles so am having to 'babywear' to catch up. Fortunately Amelia is a bit more settled ( touch wood ). 

Hope everyone else is avoiding the winter bugs. Not looking forward to the forecast snow over the next 24-48hrs. 😢

• Options

imageMy snuffly baby boy.

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know that we're looking for some judges in the new MadeForMums Awards 2017!

We’re specifically looking for pregnant women, breastfeeding mums, bottle-feeding mums, and mums of babies under a year. If you fit any of these criteria, please do come and add your details on this new thread here. 

• Options

How is everyone getting on with their new little bundles? We are doing well and Florence is feeding really well after a very slow start and now hitting 90ml a feed every 3-4 hours. I have been told I need to make sure she feeds every 4 hrs so if she hasn't woken herself (which she usually does) I have to wake her. Does anyone know how long I need to do this for? Onl asking as for her 4am feed I have to wake her every night and I think she would quite happily sleep through if I let her! X

• Options

Hi smith123 my midwife and health visitor said that as long as shes over her birth weight and still gaining not to worry to wake her in the night if she doesn't wake herself :) Amara has slept from 10-5 quite a few times now (she's 4 weeks old) it feels so good in the morning but I did wake myself a few times paniking and checking she was ok as she hadnt woken herself.

• Options

Thanks for that Jademarieb, that's what I'd read somewhere but wasn't sure whether that was recent advice that was still given or not. X

• Options

Do you know why you are to wake her? (She wasn't a premie so that reason is out, the other is usually jaundice...) If there is no medical need then do not wake a sleepy baby.

Matthew & Amelia have had their 1st immunisations  (more than their sister's had), both twins were as good as gold ( though Amelia went scarlet in the face. . . ) now flatulent as the rota virus vaccine clears their systems. 

Mummy is on antibiotics as got diagnosed with mild pneumonia on left lung at 8wks check, they have kicked in & am coughing up lots of gunk 😷

Hope all December babies are doing well. X 

• Options

She lost 9.5% of her birth weight in the first 2 days as she wasn't feeding properly so needed to wake her to ensure she kept feeding. she feeds well now and will certainly let me know when she's hungry!!

she is now 2 and half weeks old and is awake between some feeds. What kind of development things are people doing with their babies? I'm a new mum and don't want to push her invetween feeds incase she should be sleeping but also don't want her to be sat doing nothing and getting bored/lonely.

xx

• Options

Hi everyone, please can you drop me a PM with your full name and address so we can send you out your little gift we promised you a while ago. 

Hi Smith123, lovely to hear from you. I remember when I had my first baby and friends would mention 'playing' with their babies - I couldn't fathom what they meant by playing! Turns out they would put the baby in a rocker, or on a play mat with toys hanging above them, chatting to your baby, showing them books with big black and white pictures - those types of things. Hope that's a little helpful? 

• Options

Hi everyone, 

Hope all the December babies are doing well? 

Is anyone experiencing their baby making grunting and straining sounds when they are asleep, particularly during the night? My little one grunts and groans and makes straining noises all night after his first feed (around 2am). I am up and down checking him thinking he's awake and he seems to be fast asleep. He's keeping us all awake making the noises. I never experienced this with my other little boy.  any tips or advice would be much appreciated. i am one tired mammy at the moment 😴 X

• Options

Rachel2016 

my DD does that but she goes back into a deeper sleep when I put Ewan the sheep on however thinking i might need to get one of those ones that does white noise continuously as she starts again when it turns off 😫 I think she needs noises to be asleep fully. 

• Options

Amelia makes some lovely animal noises in her sleep  (Hubby has likened her to a cross between a goat & a pug dog). Matthew isn't quite as bad but does the odd squiel. It's the talking in their sleep that gets really fun  (both my older girls have done this so am waiting for the twins to follow suit )

• Options

Oh sounds fairly common then. I think he's struggling with his wind so could be related, we have been and got some infacol to try. It only seems to happen when he's lay flat. x

• Options

My little one is the same; she grunts, snorts and squeals all the time!! Very cute but I was concerned at first but apparently very normal so don't panic 😊 

How how is everyone getting on? Florence is 3 and half weeks old now and we are starting to get really settled. i am a lot more confident than I was before; i have to be as my OH works away in the week so mon - Friday I'm flying solo but starting to get used to minimal sleep and enjoying it more and more. 

Still unsure what development I should be doing with her as she still sleeps a lot and when she is awake it's either for food or nappy change!! She is waking for longer periods now so keen to start working on her development so any suggestions welcome (thanks Danielle for yours already). X

• Options

Rachel 2016- 

exactly what I thought so I tried infacol so wanted to share my experience- it ended up with 9 days without Poo and I'm pretty sure it was the infacol, shes breastfed so I kept getting told it's ok it's common, but going from every single nappy being Poo to none whatsoever I was worried, day 5 she was not settling at night at all and so uncomfortable but health visitor said no it's normal then told me to stop the infacol, it progressivlily got worse until this Saturday (day 8) she started bringing up everything even brought it up whilst still feddibg because she was so hungry 😫 i took her to doctor and had to get movicol to help her go and she's a lot better but still making noises last night in her sleep. Not to say this will happen to you but I just wanted to let you know what we've been through. 

I have looked into it (thinking it was wind) and apparently putting books under one end of the crib/Moses basket to elevate baby helps, but glad to know from everyone else that it's a normal thing to them to do :) 

• Options

Smith 123 have you thought about classes? I am starting baby yoga this Thursday as they need to be 6 weeks but other classes like sing and sign and swimming you can start from birth 

• Options

My daughter grunts like crazy!

Re development I would make the most of the sleep before the 6 week growth spurt! That was hard core for me. Charlotte is 8 weeks this week and is just coming on loads, but has been really quite unsettled since the growth spurt.

Re swimming, they do suggest that you wait until after your 6 week check up.