Forum home Babies Baby

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Ooh what is this app? is it a free one? sounds good. My LO is 6 weeks tomorrow and just starting to get through this growth spurt I think.she slept from 10:30pm to 4am last night so had a good stretch of sleep myself :)

Bought Ewan the sheep yesterday; tried it last night she did seem to settle easier but still took her a while. which sounds do people find work best for their LO? X

• I have bought the app found it quite helpful, but only thing I have found it wants you to hobby due dates but she seems to have followed the pattern for her birth date (2weeks before) which has made me more convinced my dates were wrong. 

With Ewan My DD loves the one that sort of sounds like a car and the lullaby x

• Well Matthew & Amelia are now 13wks & 2 days old, putting them just out of the newborn phase at 3mths old. They both have their own characters now, Matthew is trying to run before he can walk constantly trying to stand on our laps, he is very focused on people's faces & coos in conversation while Amelia is the smiler with massive grins, she loves to nose around at everything & is a proper prima Donna telling us off with babble through her tantrums 😂

The past fortnight has been tiring as Matthew has had bronchiolitis, he is now on the mend but is still wanting the reassurance & (of course) Miss 'Milly Moo' then has to let us know she's wanting cuddles too.

Looking forward to getting out & about over the half term next week. 

Hope everyone else is OK. X 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're well on this cold day!
    We just wondered, if your child's at school and they're on half-term next week, what have you got planned? Please do come and tell us by posting on this new thread here, we'd love some ideas what to do with our kids!  

Hi everyone I've not posted on here for quite a while, congratulations to you all on having your beautiful babies, my gorgeous girl Ruby was born on 8th Dec weighing 7lb 7oz.

I wanted to ask if anyone had experienced their baby having a bad reaction to their 2mths immunisations? I ended up in A & E with Ruby after ringing 111 when her temp reached 39.1 image xx

• We're yet to go for ur 2 month jab, it's in a couple of weeks, but the doctor said to me that the vaccine has changed and 100% will give a temperature and to give paracetamol (calpol) for sure, whereas with Sophie in 2015 we didn't get that advice, it was more of a you might need calpol, not you will!

hope Ruby is ok and back to normal xxx

• We bought the wonder weeks book. I wish I'd bought it to read for Sophi. The 2nd child benefits from so much more knowledge but gets a jealous big sister to go with it and less time than you had for the first! 

• Aww poor Ruby. Frankie had her 2 month injections and did not seem bothered at all. We gave calpol just before (although she spat it all out ... a tip do little squirts at a time) and 4 hours later although I dont think she needed it and so didnt bother with the third dose . 

• Sadly the meningitis vaccine & the dTap vaccine can react with one another which is why they now tell you to give Calpol just before & twice after at 4hrs intervals. 

Both mine were fine with the 8wks immunisations & have their 2nd round next week  (should have been this week butit's half term & I am not putting their older sisters through the trauma of it all).

• I have Amaras on weds I'm so scared 😢 the conflicting advice is strange, my doctor (at her 6-8week check) said calpol just after my health visitor said before so I'm glad a few of you have put that you gave before, I will go by that info as my doctor is very old school. she has had a cold for the last week and my doctor said as long as there's no temp she should be fine but I'm unsure wether to let her get over it fully first or not? 

• Mine had colds too. None of the vaccines are live except for the rota virus vaccine  (watch the nappies for the week following ) the only reason that temp is a no go is because the vaccines can raise temp further (hence the calpol )

• kazziem thank you out my mind at ease think im looking for an excuse to get out of it but I know it's for her own good 😊

• Has anyone tried dreamfeeding their LO yet and if so had it worked?

Also at what age can they start sleeping in sleeping bags?? it's so cold at the moment but my LO loves to kick her cover off all the time 😡 X

• I had to do the odd dream feed with Matthew when he had bronchiolitis, had to ensure he was getting at least half his usual feed to ensure we avoided hospital. He took the feeds well & seemed to sleep slightly better with them.

Sleeping bags can be bought that are designed to go around their arms & neck (gro bags & are made to suit age groups) but general sleeping bags & duvets aren't advised before 12mths owing to their weight. If they kick covers off you can try adding an extra layer to baby such as a fleece sleep suit or a cardigan.

• Hi hope  I can join my sons 2months and is poorly he has a chest infection

Born 12/12/16

This is baby Jacob

• Welcome Bobby1! Congratulations on your son! Is he your first baby? 
    Hello everyone else too!
    We wanted to let you know about a couple of threads we're chatting about today... 
    The first is mother-in-laws - how do you get on with yours? 
    We're also talking about baby ear piercing - agree with it or not? 

• Hi Bobby1, your Jacob shares his birthday with my Eldest  (Samantha was born 12/12/09).

Matthew & Amelia are now 15wks & 2 days old. We have had round 2 of immunisations & the pair have not taken to kindly to the rota virus vaccine this time around, lots of eggy wind & grumbles.

Matthew is still playing 'catch up' after his bronchiolitis with Amelia now weighing 1lb more than her brother but weaning could change all that  (both have been showing that they are ready for weaning for the past couple of weeks now). Fortunately his appetite seems to have returned. 

Hi Everyone!

Im Bertie and I'm nearly 10 weeks old 😍 And I have Silent Reflux...

My mums name is Jemma and she's looking for other mums to chat to that have a baby the same age as me 💙

Peace ✌️ 

• Smith123, I tried dream feeding at 10 weeks and it made no difference at all. Charlotte wakes up at 4 no matter what.

I put her in grobags you can get ones for 0-6 months in different together ratings depending on your room temperature.  I use 2.5 tog. It says to put them in a sleep suit and grobag only between 18-20 degrees, but I find that Charlotte is too cold like that so I put her in a strappy vest too. They're really expensive in places like mothercare but I find that TKMAXX usually have them half price.  I also have a John Lewis one that was surprisingly reasonable. 

• Welcome Jemma and cutie pie Bertie!