Forum home Babies Baby

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Oh Suzanne, we wondered what happened to you and we are so glad to see Toby arrived safe and well - he is perfect, and on Christmas day too! How are you finding motherhood?

• Awww cutie. Congrats! X

• Awwww bless ya xx he's a little star he's our 4th baby and he's adorable xx

• How are you managing juggling 4 Suzanne

• They are 18,13 and 9 so I have big age gaps and Toby gets loads of attention :)

• You get ready made babysitters! That's brilliant! 

• Hello! We wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today and would love to hear what you have to say! 

The first is about Mother's Day - we'd like to know what would make it special for you? Please do come and tell us over on this thread here. 

The second thread is about the comedian Russell Kane, who's got a bit aggro about people who say, ‘I finally know what real love is, now I have a baby’. He thinks this is out of order, as it implies you couldn't have had any ‘real’ love for your partner. Do come and comment on this thread here. 

And finally, a little heads up! Please keep your eyes peeled on our Product Tests section of the forum as we're going to be looking for people to take part in a Dove Baby product test and also a Lego one too in the next few weeks.... watch this space! 

• Hi everyone, how's it all going? We haven't heard from some of you in a while, so we really hope all is well with you and your babies? 

We just wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today.
    Has your baby ever had trouble pooing, and if so what did you do about it?That thread is here
    And also, while you were pregnant, did your belly button pop out? That thread is here. We would love to hear from you! 

• Hello ladies not spoke for a while lot going on Josephine is doing fine been sleeping through since 5 weeks old getting a little chunk now her personali shining through 🙈😂 she is so different to my other kids Kaitlin 5 and henry 2 I often wounder who she is like lol image

• Hello Twinklejh, how lovely to hear from you and see Josephine, she looks absolutely adorable. How are you finding juggling three children? 

Hello everyone else too,
    We just wanted to let you know about a new thread we're discussing today. It's about mums of premature babies: should they get longer maternity leave? We would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you'd like to share them, it's right this way. 
    Thank you. 

• Thank you shes a little angel and it's a lot harder then I thought it would be juggling school run Pre chill for henry 3 times a week swimming lessons cooking cleaning 🙈 But i try stick to a routine also joined slimming world ! Get rid of a few of the lbs I put on doimg great so far 9 1/2 lbs gone in 3 weeks ! 

• That's a brilliant achievement Twinkle! I'm a big lover of a routine too - otherwise I wouldn't get anything done! 

• imageMatthew & Amelia are now 20wks & 2 days old. Teething has begun with Amelia covered in dribble while Matthew has developed a touch of reflux. Both are desperate to get on the go (scarily they are not far off as both can now lift themselves onto all 4s).

Laundry seems never ending now that weaning is established  (Amelia is a terror for wiping her mouth on her clothes). Coupled with trying to move things feel pretty hectic at times. 

Hope everyone else is ok.

• Lovely to see those smiley pics and glad to hear everyone is well. Florence is 13 weeks today and is really starting to shine :) think she's hit a growth spurt as been sleeping a lot over the last week but just making the most of cuddles whilst I can!! Been told she's teething so this is also making her a bit cranky and irritable during feeds :( x

• Florence still hates being on her tummy - has anyone aby good suggestions to try and make her enjoy it or do I just keep doing it for short blasts until she gets used to it? X

• Smith123, neither of my kids liked tummy time - they would face plant the bed and cry every time! 

• Well done Twinklejh, I love SW. I wouldn't have been able to have my daughter without it. 

Smith123, Charlotte hated it but I kept going. I found that getting her to do it on her changing table where she was closer to my face helped. I bent down to cheer her on and put a favourite toy in front of her so she has something to focus on and aim for! I just kept doing it after every nappy change (obviously not at night!) and she got the hang of it and loves it! 

• Thanks MrsO1, how old is Charlotte now?

Im having to take Florence to the doctors as I'm concerned about her irritability during feeding and her dark green poos. Does anyone know if teething affects the poo colour? i just hope she's not lactose intolerrant or something and I've not picked it up earlier - leaving her to suffer over last few weeks :(