Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• Carly I'm glad you are feeling as if you have turned a corner, they reckon up to about two weeks for baby blues so it does fit. 

We live near Peterborough. We had a little snow, Naomi has been joining me in walking my dog daily, all snugly wrapped in her sling so she hasn't been getting too cold. 

I cant believe how quickly time is going, Naomi is already five weeks old but it does feel as if she has always been here. 

How is everybody getting on in terms of getting into a routine and keeping up with household chores? For the first few weeks I focused on nothing but looking after Naomi; particularly as I couldn't believe quite how much time breastfeeding takes. Now she is a bit older I do feel a bit more in control and am able to keep up with things better, although some days I do still heavily rely on my husband. He is very good really, I just need to sometimes remind him of the jobs that do need doing hehe. 

• Bunny- i can't believe she is 5 wees old already time is going nowhere! Lyla was very unsettled last night up every couple of hours crying and cluster feeding which isn't like her we can usually pop her down after our bed time at 10 and she won't wake till 2 then again at 6 so I'm wondering if she may have colic or something cause she never gets like that, she also takes a while to fall back to sleep too so we are still learning. My OH has an extra two weeks off work so I'm glad for the extra support my incision isn't healing so well so I'm on more anti biotics

• Hey bunny 

yes feel so much better I was constantly crying around day 3 when my milk arrived. 

Oh so your quite local to kiddie Care in Peterborough? Me and my OH visited in Dec and bought my buggy etc... that place is huge and we having nothing like that locally. 

I can't believe Naomi is 5 weeks already isn't it just crazy how quick time flies? I bet your loving every moment of being a mummy. 

Household jobs!?when I came out of hospital after 3 days I felt myself needing to focus on baby so my OH was great, he cooked, washed, cleaned and is still helping me out a bit now however of a morning I find myself in a routine, when Jess sleeps I start cleaning and sorting things out. Haha the only thing I don't have time for now is myself haha my hair is just up on top of my head ...... 

i think we all need some help around the house at this stage and can't do it all can we haha..... I'm very surprised at my OH i actually thought he was going to be a pain .... 

im. Slightly tired as Jessie has had me up alnight xxxxxxx 

• Hi ladies, I can't believe some of the January babies are now 5 or 6 weeks old! It's so nice to see people on this new thread.

Daisy and Daisylouise, how are you feeling? You know you can always talk to us on here if you are feeling depressed. I hope your midwives / HVs manage to help you though.

Thats a good attitude Carly. Focus on the fact that baby is here and well. I struggled with the fact I needed an induction but I'm trying to be more positive about my caesarean. The way I see it, it's amazing that they are possible and I try to tell myself that Lyra (and many other babies) wouldn't necessarily even be here right now in the days before they existed. 

Lovely photo of Naomi, Bunny!

We were finally discharged from hospital last night at around 11pm. I am thrilled to be home and it has already made a massive difference. All the monitoring and IVs etc, both for me and Lyra, meant that I only got about 12 hours sleep for the 5 nights we were there. We have my parents here and my mum is staying all week to help us out around the house a bit (although I doubt that's her sole motivation!). So feeling really happy right now although that's not to say I haven't had the occasional meltdown. OH popped home for a few hours on Thursday and I felt so emotional I just couldn't stop crying. I think it was the day my milk came in! And this morning I cried for about 15 mins because OH told me Lura had cold feet. 

Nalc, we have the opposite at the moment. Lyra really doesn't seem keen on the right nipple. Sometimes she flat out refuses to feed from it so it makes me worry she isn't getting enough. We offered a bit of formula this morning as an experiment but she didn't take that either so perhaps she just genuinely wasn't hungry enough to take the lesser favoured boob. Either way, we'll mention it to the midwife later!

• Just saw the photo of your little one Carly! She is adorable too.

• Sugar- I'm glad you're home it's much better being at home even when you are recovering it's better to be sore at home than a hospital. I've recognised what's making me feel a bit low and I'm trying to regulate normal life again. Lyla is 3 weeks on Wednesday and has already changed so much so I'm trying to conquer being sad and low and focus on her. How is Lyra settling in at home? 

How is is everyone else doing? Our main hurdle is night time but she's still learning and we will get there in just thankful for this thread it's nice to talk to you all going through the same 

here is Lyla getting big and has sprouted her ginger hair she looks grumpy here but she was waiting for her daddy 😂💖

• Glad you are home now sugar! Daisylouise, Lyra is so cute! Carly - we live in Wolverhampton. Sounds like we are all spread out all over the place!Jenson still feeds mostly every 3 hours. He is pretty chilled in between so I have been just about keeping up with the housework! However, like carly, I seem to Not have time for me so my hair is also just always thrown up out the way! Ive got lots of plans this coming week, will be the most I've been out n about with him. Looking forward to it but a little nervous to be out So much! I'm taking him into my office tomorrow to meet my team...it's feels like forever since I've seen them! How are you guys doing getting out n about? X
  • Hi ladies, 

Hope you are well. 

Carly hope you are feeling better. I felt traumatised by my birth as her heart rate dropped to 3bpm before the emergency c-section and after losing my little boy last year it brought some difficult memories back to the surface! I'm focusing on the fact that she's here and safe and it's not as traumatic as it was, it will ease 😙. I'm from Leeds but live in derby 

Bunny I'm managing to juggle chores to a certain degree but agree breastfeeding does take up a lot of time. 

Daisy Louise - hope lyla has a better night tonight. Sorry to hear you are on antibiotics hope they help! Awh look at lyla 😍

Sugar So pleased you are home! You will feel more rested just for being home. Mia seems to be getting enough even though she mainly feeds from the right. 

MilllP I've not visited work yet. Been out with Mia a fair few times though. I love showing her off! The only issue I find is if there is no mum and baby parking I try find an end space as I'm worried if I'm out alone and someone parks either side I won't be able to get the car seat in and out! 

Mia has done so well the past 2 nights, slept from 1-5 and after a feed slept again which is the most sleep I've had since she was born. Really hoping it continues! Mia is 4 weeks today, can't believe it! 

Xximage

• Daisy Louise my stitches are dissolvable . Much better now. Alex sleeping a bit better last night. Have the in laws staying at the moment so nice to have some help. I live in Dublin so not much snow but pretty miserable!

• Lovely photos of Lyla, Mia and Alex!

Having a clear focus does help, doesn't it Daisylouise? I am finding it really useful to make sure I do "normal" me things, like spending a bit of time reading or watching a TV show I love when she's asleep. I'm still feeling quite emotional though - I just woke up in tears and dripping with sweat after having some pretty strange dreams. 

MillP, I'm finding the same so far but we've only been back a few days. Lyra is pretty chilled out and doesn't really cry a lot unless she's hungry or wants changing. She's pretty content to lie there sleeping or looking around her. We went for our first walk out with the pram yesterday and loved it. We might take her to register the birth tomorrow.

Nalc, I'm less concerned about the right boob now. She is getting better at attaching to it and, in any case, she was weighed on Sunday and has only lost 3 oz since birth. It must have been terrible when Mia's heart rate dropped that low. I was so worried when Lyra kept going into distress but her HR was nowhere near that low. Still, I was so relieved when they said they wouldn't let me labour any longer.

I still have it quite easy at the mo so can't really compare to you ladies in terms of how much I'm doing. OH is still off work (and will be for6 months) and my mum is also staying this week so has been doing a lot, mostly cooking. I'm still struggling though - I didn't realise until I read my notes that I bled a fair bit after the caesarean (around 700ml) and so have been a bit anaemic since. The tiredness is really taking it out of me!

I hope you ladies have nice weeks planned. Lyra has fallen asleep on my chest while feeding so I'm off to try to  get a bit more sleep myself. 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well today - how are those beautiful babies of yours? We do hope you're managing to get some rest and all the visitors have slowed down now? We were wondering, if you received a Valentine's card, fancy sharing it with us on this thread here? 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well with your new babies? Have any of you managed to capture a first smile on camera yet? 

If you've posted on this thread, could you please drop me a PM with your full name and address so we can pop you a little gift over for your baby. Thank you! 

• imageHere is my girls smile she is 3 weeks old today!!!

• Aww daisylouise what a cutie!! 

I keep missing jensons smile! I have plenty of pics of his grumpy old man face but none smiling haha! X

• Gorgeous photo DaisyLouise, Lyla looks very cheeky there. 

I am convinced that Naomi is properly smiling rather than just making wind faces now; she is nearly six weeks old and her eyes follow me around the room so I think her smiles are real. Not managed to get a decent photo yet though. 

I think her six week growth spurt has come a few days early: for the past forty eight hours she won't stop feeding, won't let me put her down and won't sleep. It is exhausting! 😴😴😴

I am glad you are recovering ok and I hope the tiredness is easing Sugar.

Looking forward to seeing lots more smiley baby photos

xx

• Lovely happy Lyla, Daisylouise!

Lyra obviously isn't smiling properly yet but I thought I would add a wind photo anyway! She has changed so much in the past 8 days. She is obviously still really small but she feels huge to me now!

Thanks Bunny, slowly getting there - we managed to get some really good sleep last night and the night before, which has helped a lot. I hope Naomi gives you a bit of respite tomorrow! 

• N'aww Sugar, lovely photo :-) I know what you mean about how quickly they change- if we are out and about people keep telling me how cute my "tiny baby" is whereas to me she has changed and grown so much, I think if her as massive and grown up!

my new sleep time appears to be 3pm-5pm, and then little naps throughout the night. Ah well, Shadow (our dog) enjoys the afternoon sofa snuggles with me whilst Naomi is in her nest ☺️ X

• Aw lovely photos Of the beautiful babies!!  

Glad to see you're on the mend sugar! Lyra is a gem! 

Lyla's bedtime routine is all over we have stared doing bedtime routine to get her used to it so we don't put her down in her Moses basket unless it's night. Previous two nights she slept right through till 5 but last night she was up at 2 then again at 5 but we have benefited doing our bedtime with her she goes over no bother

how is everyone else's bedtimes? Anything that works well? X

• I managed to catch a half smile! 

Bedtime is mixed for Us. We normally manage a couple of 2.5 hour stints of sleep but he also likes a period of 2.5 hours awake in the middle of the night! 

I think I need to be better at napping with him in the day time! Xx