Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Aw MillP he's just gorgeous 😍

Yeah I find I struggle with that I always find something to do or feel guilty if I nap! 

• Options

Awww all these pictures are adorable 😍😍

Not sure why but I've been so emotional the last week or so. I find myself crying but have no actual reason to cry?! I've been getting really down and feel pretty crappy. I've not really been out since I had Kai which is 3 weeks today so that could be why. Getting out the house with a newborn and a toddler is such hard work so I just avoid going out. I never felt like this when I had my little girl.

Kai is such a good content little boy though, it's my 16 month old little girl who's the monster 😂 I think she's hit the terrible twos early! 

Not managed to catch a smile yet, all he seems to do is sleep!  

• Options

Toni you have beautiful children 💙💗

what is your little girls name? is she enjoying being a big sister? 

Have you spoken to the health visitors about how you're feeling Hun? It's definitely worth talking it through, they Should be able to help you feel more like you again. I only have Jenson but can imagine it would be so much harder to do with another little one, you're doing amazing so try not to be too hard on yourself, and don't be afraid to ask for some advice xxx

• Options

It is hard with two. My daughter is three and is at the stage where everything is no and why but at least she is out of nappies and you can explain things to her. You should definetely talk to someone Toni. It's not nice to be feeling so isolated . Maybe there are some groups you could go to . 

• Options

Hope everyone is adjusting I feel like January was a blur. Sleep deprivation has become my new normal I'm up 3 times a night with the girls for a hour to a hour and a half. I found out both girls have acid reflux they were spitting up screening during feeds and arching there backs. They started medication seems to be helping. Can't wait till they sleep a bit longer at night. My 3year old seems to be adjusting well. 

Love all the baby pictures! Anyone's little one sleeping more then 2-3 hours at night yet? image

• Options

Both the girls look really well HighHopes, you are doing an amazing job! Sorry to hear how unhappy they had been but I hope they are feeling a lot more settled now with their medication. 

More than 2-3 hours of sleep at a time sounds like something from a parallel universe currently lol. I am up about the same as you, and as you say it isn't just getting up, it then depends how long you are up for each time...

I keep getting adverts for sleep training come up on my FB feed but I think I just want to let Naomi do her thing and she will grow into different sleep patterns when she is ready. 

Has anybody else looked into this? X

• Options

Lovely photos ladies! Glad the girls' medication is helping HighHopes. I feel for you Toni and Eglew - it must be so hard with two. The other ladies gave some good suggestions but know that you can always talk to us as well. I think feeling a little tearful is normal (I know I certainly have!) but there's no reason to suffer in silence. 

Bunny, I figure the same as you - I know Lyra is only 2 weeks at the moment so younger than Naomi even, but I definitely plan to just let her sleep when she wants to sleep for the time being. I'm basically just pretending clocks don't exist!

Lyra seems to have got into a new routine where she sleeps most of the afternoon / evening barring the odd feed, then is wide awake from about 1am to 4am and feeds like a demon. I know I should go to sleep a bit earlier to take advantage of her quietness but I just can't. I've always been a night owl and don't find myself remotely tired at that time. So we've been having lie-ins instead.

We're actually struggling a bit at the moment. OH dislocated his knee playing rugby at the weekend and is on crutches with strict instructions to not walk too much and to keep his leg elevated most of the day. Not ideal given I had a caesarean and so can't lift heavy things or drive. We live in a first floor apartment so can't take the pram downstairs, meaning we are effectively stuck inside until one of us is better. I really have cabin fever - it's such a shame as we got into a good routine last week of taking Lyra out for a walk every afternoon. We have a sling but that was more for OH to use than me - I would have to pluck up the courage first!

• Options

Oh Sugar that's rubbish, all three of you being stuck indoors- although with what the weather seems to be doing maybe it's no bad thing... How are you healing after your caesarean now?

I wouldn't worry too much about when she is sleeping for now- in the first few weeks Naomi was doing that and the awake time was bouncing round every few days; she seems to have settled now though (fingers crossed). 

My little munchkin was sick all over me this evening, just after being dressed after her bath which is typical. She seemed very proud of herself though 🤣

• Options

Sugar sorry to hear you are all stuck indoors it's hard but hopefully not for long! It's trying to make each day different! It's hard with a new baby! 

Bunny- Naomi is just gorgeous 😍 Hope you are all doing okay! 

little me and Lyla update; she's doing a lot better with her sleeping although my OH realised why she wasn't settling when I put her down to bed at night I had been a little too handy at picking her up when there was nothing wrong even if she made the tiniest noise so she shouts for me now but she's learning we are down to only one feed a night now so she's doing amazing! My section recovery is going nowhere I have another dressing on it as my anti biotics so nothing but I'm getting Lyla out at least once a day she loves it! Also have a water baby on our hands baths wake her up so she gets them in the morning she's a monkey! Hope all you mummies are doing great!! 

This is Lyla getting cuddles off her nana 💖

• Options

So lovely to see these babies thriving! Sorry your scar isn't healing so well Daisylouise84 - we've spotted so many women on the forum who've had a similar issue. 

We wanted to let you all know about a couple of threads we're chatting about today... 
    The first is mother-in-laws - how do you get on with yours? 
    We're also talking about baby ear piercing - agree with it or not? 

• Options

So many cute photos ladies 💕💕 gorgeous babies! 

Sugar - how are you all doing? Must be horrible being stuck inside :-( 

isn't it amazing how quickly babies grow and develop?! 

Jenson is so alert and really responds to us now :-) he's definitely coming out of the newborn haze and showing us some of his personality 💙 He also seems to have had a sudden growth spurt! Literally overnight he went from 0-1 clothes fitting fine to them being way too small! We're now loving trying all his 0-3 outfits on 😍

Hope you're all doing ok and babies are well xx

image My cheeky boy 💙

• Options

That is a very proud looking Naomi, Bunny! I think babies just know how to time things perfectly, don't they? What is her sleep schedule like now it's a bit more settled?

Aww Lyla like so peaceful, Daisylouise. Sorry your scar isn't healing well. How is your recovery going otherwise? Mine is going pretty well I think but sometimes I forget and get surprised when it hurts if I move in a certain way. Ime getting frustrated as I really want to be back in the gym again but know it'lol be a while. I'm glad Lyla is loving the baths. Lyra's stump came off last night so we'll be bathing her very soon!

Cute photo of Jenson in his outfit, MillP! It must be fun trying all of his 0-3 outfits on. Lyra is still in her newborn things at the moment (but some of them are getting snug) and her 1 month things look lIke they'll be far too big still. It must be lovely starting to get to know his personality.

Here's Lyra in a bit of a milk coma, demonstrating how difficult the life of a newborn is. 

Well OH still has his leg in a brace but is now allowed to walk without crutches. That means we have been out the past few days as he can just about carry the pram downstairs. It's still frustrating though as it means we still can't do short drives - the same old routine of high street and coffee shop is starting to get dull now haha.

• Options

Sorry about all the typos! My typing has been atrocious since having Lyra - better get it sorted before I start working on my book again... 

• Options

Sugar that is a gorgeous photo of Lyra, as you say it's a hard life being a newborn! Have you managed to venture further than the high street yet?

Daisy how is your recovery going? Hope you are healing now. 

Toni am thinking of you, hope you are doing ok and that you have got someone to talk to. 

MillP Jensen is looking absolutely gorgeous, he does look like a very cheeky boy :-)

Naomi has been a lot more challenging over the past week or so. She is paying so much more attention to the world around her and is becoming both overstimulated and overtired. It is a lot more difficult to settle her now and for the past few days she has started crying whenever her daddy takes her, which is heartbreaking. I'm hoping it is just because she is currently very hungry and wanting to feed all the time. Fingers crossed :-(

Bunny x

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Options

Happy pancake day to you all! We were wondering, are you or your children giving anything up for Lent? Do come and let us know if you are, on this thread here.  

• Options

Hey ladies, 

How are you all doing? 

Danielle thsnk you for the gifts recieved today. Xx

Fareeha is going to be 9weeks tomorrow. She is doing well generally. Still sleeps a lot but hey, im not complaining lol. She has started too coo and talk to the walls and smile at me. However as soon as it hits 6pm she cries and cries... so last night i breast fed her between 4 and 5pm. Took her downstairs at 6pm gave her gripewater and she slept while i made dinner for me n my son. Woop result! As my husband was away for work last night i was dreading having to do bedtime by myself. However i let my son sleep with me and he fell asleep pretty much straightaway and so did baby fareeha. Double results. 

I was too tired to go back downstairs foe a cuppa tho so i had a chat with my mum and went to sleep. Lol. Mum life!! 

Loving the cute pics. Let me find one of baby smiling in the past week.  

Sania xx

• Options

Kinda half smiling... so hard to catch a full smile. Smiling cos she's got a gold necklace on haha. Dont worry ladies she doesnt keep it on it is safely around my neck until she's old enoigh to wear it. 

In the muslim tradition we shave babies hair on the 7th day of life, weigh and give the equivalent of silver in charity. It was less than £1 but we gave a bit more. This is to represent the charity in Islam. Her heair is growing back and it looks like its going to thick and black like mine. 🙈. 

Shes is breast and bottle fed in evenings. Anyone else exclusively breastfeeding? 

• Options

Oh Daisy87, what a cracking picture! And that's so interesting about your traditions too. 

Hi everyone else too, today, we're asking, did you suffer with headaches during your pregnancy and if so, got any tips for how to cope with them? Please do come and let us know by posting on this thread here. We would love to hear from you! 

• Options

Hey all, 

Hope everyone is okay. Mia had her 6 week review today :) 

Sania I'm exclusively breastfeeding. 

I've got my follow up Glucose test tomorrow. Not looking forward to having to be at the hospital for 9!

I tried to catch Mia's smile but I was too slow but ended up with this cheeky picture which I love anyway lol (can't find it so will move it to an album and attach below) xx