Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hello. You may have seen the recent news stories about people finding what they think is ‘mould' in their Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine.

If you have a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep, we’d like to ask you to have a look at your machine (you’ll need to take the front cover off) and see if you can see any black deposits or build up in yours.

Once you’ve had a look ­whether you find anything or not please would you share a picture on this thread here

We would really appreciate your help. Thank you 

• Options

Hi ladies!

just a wee update hope all of you are doing good and the babies are great too! 

Lyla is now 7 weeks and I can't believe how quick it's been, my incision has finally healed and I got the all clear from my doctor! Lyla had her 6 week check and is doing amazingly but she has her injections on Friday and I'm one anxious mum, anyone have any advice? 

Here's my smiling girly 😍

• Options

Aww Lyla is looking gorgeous Daisy, she looks so alert now 😚 Am glad your incision has finally healed!!

time is going so quickly isn't it?! Naomi is nearly eleven weeks old now 😲 Am loving all the interaction with her though; my little gang of her, me and Shadow the dog go everywhere together and are having all sorts of adventures 😊

Wrt injections, firstly make sure you don't give calpol beforehand (the nurse checks their temperature and refused to do the injections for someone I know as the calpol could have been masking a fever). Other than that lots of calpol afterwards and lots of cuddles. Naomi was being quite clingy at that stage anyway so it is difficult to know what was injections and what was just her! good luck!

i have heard lots of people say that they turned a corner at ten weeks and got their happy smiley baby back. Naomi has definitely become a lot less clingy and is napping a lot better this week. She has also given me six hour stretches of sleep two nights in a row! But she has started teething so that brings a whole load of new challenges... it does mean she has a reason to wear all of her cute bandana bibs though 😉

Hope all the mummies and babies are doing well xxx

• Options

imageAlex now 6 weeks old. Doing great !

• Options

Here is Jenson, now 9 weeks! Can't believe how quick time is going!

He has his injections last week...was really really unsettled that evening but calmed down once the calpol kicked in. He was completely back to himself after a couple of days :-) 

• Options

Hey ladies, 

Loving All the pictures! Absolute beauties. 

Mia Was 9 weeks old on Sunday had to reschedule her jabs appointment so it is on Thursday, absolutely dreading it. Do they weigh them before the jabs? Mia currently doesn't weigh enough to be given Calpol but I'm hoping she will by Thursday. 

image xx

• Options

Hi everyone, your updates and pictures are so wonderful! Have all the visitors stopped now? 

We wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today and would love to hear what you have to say! 

The first is about Mother's Day - we'd like to know what would make it special for you? Please do come and tell us over on this thread here. 

The second thread is about the comedian Russell Kane, who's got a bit aggro about people who say, ‘I finally know what real love is, now I have a baby’. He thinks this is out of order, as it implies you couldn't have had any ‘real’ love for your partner. Do come and comment on this thread here. 

And finally, a little heads up! Please keep your eyes peeled on our Product Tests section of the forum as we're going to be looking for people to take part in a Dove Baby product test and also a Lego one too in the next few weeks.... watch this space! 

• Options

Hi ladies

just wondered, how often are your LOs pooing? Jenson hasn't been for 48 hours now :-S he doesn't seem to be too unsettled but has strained a few times with no Results! Trying to work out if it's normal for him to have slowed down or whether I should maybe give him some cooled boiled water or something to flush him through...? Xx

• Options

Hey Nalc, Naomi wasn't weighed at the time of her first injections. I hope she can have Calpol! We were advised by the nurse to give it every four hours for three doses even if she didn't seem to need it.

MillP Naomi normally saves it all up for a big poo or two around mid-to-late morning. She is sometimes twelve hours late or skip a day completely. And she does strain a little in the hour or so before she goes, but it is always very liquid (breast milk poo) when it comes out so I haven't done anything about it. 

We are off swimming again this evening! It is Naomi's third "newborn flotation" class; she loves it and sleeps really well afterwards, bonus!

x

• Options

Sounds lovely bunny! Alex usually poops every day but has skipped a day sometimes. If she is not unsettled I wouldn't be too worried. Alex was weighed today. 6.5kgs so delighted . I am starting a Fitness class on Friday . I can bring baby along with me so looking forward to that 

• Options

Aww lovely photos ladies! Lyra is 6 weeks now and started smiling in the last week or so but I haven't managed to catch one on camera yet. My mum is her favourite person to smile at followed by OH. Me? Not so much lol (probably as she is usually frantic for milk when near me!).

She had her harness fitted on Monday and was a bit grumpy initially but not too bad. It's quite awkward to feed her and change her now though. We feel bad as she loves baths but can only bath once a week at the hip clinic for the time being as we're not allowed to take it off. 

I'm not the best person to ask about poos - Lyra is definitely at the top end of the normal range, pooing about 12 times a day. The midwife told us anything from once every 3 days to 12 times a day is normal.

Briliant that Naomi is enjoying her classes Bunny. We're really looking forward to taking Lyra when her harness is off.

• Options

Is it the pavlik harness ? It is a pain but all worth it when they are better! 

• Options

Yep a pavlik harness. At least it's quite soft and not too uncomfortable.

That's great that Alex is weighing well! We need to have Lyra weighed at the hip clinic next week as we haven't weighed her in 3 weeks. I can't wait to get back exercising - it'll be a while before I'm back in the gym / running but I was planing to start power walking and yoga this week. I need to start expressing more so OH can look after Lyra while I work out.

• Options

Thanks ladies. Jenson normally goes a few times a day so this is very unusual for him. I've given him a tiny bit of water in the hope it helps him go. 

alex  a lovely weight eglew! Jenson was 5.2kg when he had his jabs last week! 

Nalc, I hope Mia is heavy enough for calpol. She's such a cute little dot bless her 💗 

Xx

• Options

Hi everyone, how's it all going? We haven't heard from some of you in a while, so we really hope all is well with you and your babies? Do come and let us know how it's all going and if all the visitors have finally stopped. 

We just wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today.
    Has your baby ever had trouble pooing, and if so what did you do about it?That thread is here
    And also, while you were pregnant, did your belly button pop out? That thread is here. We would love to hear from you! 

• Options

Hi ladies, we had good news at Lyra's first hip clinic - the harness is already doing its job and the ball has started to move into the socket. They said after our next check up, we might be able to take her harness off at home to bath her. We also had her weighed and she is 9lb 9, so still on the 25th percentile like she was before, which is great. 

Hope you all had a lovely Mothers Day! We went for a walk down our canal then an al fresco drink. Here's Lyra refusing to smile for the camera.

• Options

Hi everyone!

sugar- I'm glad Lyra'a harness is working she Is just adorable them big eyes 😍

How is everyone? Lyla had her injections yesterday I went with her and her daddy I cried and felt so silly she was so brave and finally getting back to her smiley self! 

how was everyone's Mother's Day? Mine was so nice 

Heres my girly still recovering from her injections but still managing a half smile!!

• Options

Glad lyra's harness is doing the job! Great news :-) 

mans glad lyla's injections went ok. I was shaking before Jensons! Had to go on my own too, hated it! Bless them getting pricked so many times at once!! 

Jensons doing really well. I haven't had him weighed for a couple of weeks. I wanted to go this week but forgot to make an appointment :-(. 

This was this morning. We put him down at 1030 last night and he got up with us at 7am this morning! Not going to hold my breath for it to happen again straight away but hoping it's a sign we aren't too far away from him hoping through the night every night! Xx

• Options

Hello,
    We just wanted to let you know about a new thread we're discussing today. It's about mums of premature babies: should they get longer maternity leave? We would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you'd like to share them, it's right this way. 
    Thank you.