Forum home Babies Baby

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• Hey everyone, 
    We wanted to drop by and let you know about a sponsored discussion we're running, with a £100 voucher up for grabs. Just come and tell us about reading with your child! All the details about how to enter can be found on this thread. Good luck!  

• Daisylouise, what a cute half smile (and top!) Lyla has. Glad she was brave for her injections. Lyra has hers on Wednesday. 

Cute photo of Jenson too MillP! Wow you must be so pleased he slept through the night. Has he done it again? Lyra is still keeping us up with her early hours cluster feeding but it is slowly getting better. She has also managed a couple of 6 hour stretches, which is great. 

We had her weighed a week ago and she was 9lb 9oz. I'm pleased with that as it's still along the 25th percentile, which is what she was at birth. 

Have any of you ladies been expressing? I just started my freezer stash last week. I've been aiming to freeze between 3 and 6oz every day and it's building slowly but surely. 

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the spring weather. We finally managed to catch a smile on camera!

• Aww Lyra is such a cutie! Glad she's doing well with her weight too :-) 

jenson is doing 1030pm to 7am most nights now. He does sometimes stir about half 5/6 but a bit of rocking and he will usually go back to sleep for a bit longer :-) he went from doing 5 hours at a time straight to all the way through though so might not be long for you sugar! 

Xx

• MillP is Jensen on BM or formula? We have had a few nights with a six hour stretch but generally max three hour stretch each night. I am still clinging into trying to get an afternoon nap with her each day 😂

Sugar that hat is a very cheeky smile and it must be a relief that Lyra is still following her line ☺️

I am expressing, I'm donating some so I aim for 5oz to donate and 5oz for Naomi's freezer stash each day. I can't believe how difficult it is to find the time though! Naomi doesn't mind having more time not being held now though so that is helping :-) xx

• Sugar I meat that is a cheeky smile, not sure where the hat came from!

my typing is atrocious currently, probably because one hand is always stuck under Naomi 🤣 Xx

Hi everyone. Alex is doing great. The best he is doing is 4 hours at night but he is generally a very calm little baby and settles quickly. Due injections tomorrow so hopefully that will go ok. 

• Jenson is on formula bunny. Not sure how much bearing that has on sleep though. My friends 6 week old is breast fed and sleeps through the night! I think they'll all just do it whenever is right for them. Hopefully not too much longer for all the beautiful January babies though :-) 

eglew I just love how much hair Alex has! He's beautiful! 

Bunny that's such a cheeky cute photo of Naomi too! 

Xxx

• Oh I totally agree that every baby will do things in their own time MillP. Although I can see how easily some mothers end up turning these things into a competition... Has he slept through again for you yet?

one of my friends had her baby in December and she is still waking up every one/ one and a half hours every night to feed. I'm glad Naomi's not like that! And when she does wake at night she is very good at feeding and getting back to sleep. 

Although... the past couple of mornings she has woken up at twenty past five and refused to go back to sleep. I think she has just decided it is daytime then. Maybe we need to invest in some blackout curtains...

Alex looks so grown up there eglew 😍 Hope his injections go ok xx

• We've got Lyra's jabs tomorrow as well, Eglew. Hope yours go okay! Loving Alex's head of hair!

I know what you mean about some  people wanting to be competitive, Bunny. My husband's brother and his gf had a baby 9 weeks before Lyra, and some members of the family (namely MIL!) insist on comparing them. It's so silly as all babies are different like MillP says! I mean I talked early and walked late and my brother was the opposite. We can both talk and walk fine now! So why does it matter?

That's amazing MillP. Do you feel better for the extra sleep (I presume) you're managing to get compared to before?

Wow that's good going with the expressing Bunny. Amazing that you're donating. I've been lazy with my freezer stash for the past two days so I need to get back on it tomorrow. I've learnt the trick is to wash and sterilise my pump before bed so it's just ready to use after my morning feed. Otherwise the temptation to not bother is just too strong! Very cheeky photo of Naomi too and I'm loving her outfit.

• Hey Ladies 

long time no speak how are you all getting along? It's 230am and I'm up with a very hungry Jessie,. 

Picture of her below. 

Hope all you mums are doing well 

love Carly image

PS I'm very very sleepy hehe

• I love all the photos! All beautiful xx 

• Good luck with Lyras injections Sugar 

• Hope lyra and Alex get on ok with injections ladies! Is it their first ones? 

Funny you say about sleep sugar, im still spending a few hours a night awake and totally unable to sleep! I do still feel better though as it's different just lying awake to having to be up with baby! Last night Jenson seemed to stir a lot more than normal, hoping we're not going backwards!! 

carly, Jessie is such a beauty! Xx

• Loving all the pictures of the gorgeous babies!

growing up so fast it's crazy! Lyla is 10 weeks today I can't believe where the time has gone! She's doing more and more everyday! We don't have her sleeping through but I don't mind as she goes to bed at half 7 and will wake at 3/4 and that will be here between 7/8 in the morning, she has started increasing her milk now so that's also good.

Lyla had her first sleepover at my mums on Sunday, she did amazingly for my mum it was nice to get a night of undistirbed sleep but I missed her like crazy!!! 

sugar good luck with her injections, Lyla was amazing for hers i wasnt, she just was poorly afterwards. 

Here's lyla! 

• Aww look at lyla! So sweet! 

I think you Can really start to see their personalities now! 

Jenson was also poorly after his jabs but like you daisy, I think I struggled more than him! 

Well done to you both on the sleepover front! My mum has babysat for a few hours for us while we went to see Russell Howard and this Saturday he will sleep in with her as we're at a wedding but we will be sleeping in the same house still 😂 Taking baby steps! Next step is to let him have a sleepover. My mums desperate to have him lol xxx

• Lovely photos!

Yes first injections MillP. Lyra screamed for each needle but seems okay for now. Hope she doesn't start to feel unwell / cranky later. How were Alex's, Eglew?

We also had her weighed and she's 10lb 3oz so still at the 25th percentile. Her head circumference is at the 50th so I think she takes after OH (he had his head measured for a hat fitting and was above the 99th 😂). 

I know what you mean about sleep MillP - if Lyra gets to sleep a bit earlier than usual I sometimes find myself lying awake for hours and then getting annoyed at myself when I'm still awake for her next feed. 

Well done Lyla on her sleepover! My mum and dad have had Lyra for about 45 mins while we've popped out for a walk or had a nap, but we have yet to have someone else properly babysit yet. I'm a bit nervous about leaving her for too long until I have a large freezer stash of milk as she can be quite a greedy baby sometimes and take a lot per feed!

• Mili hows it going hun? 

Jess is 10 weeks this week and finally sleeping better. She's had a real growing spurt she's a right little chunk. 

She had her injections 2 weeks ago and screamed like hell I even cried as there were real tears for the first time and you screamed for ages... poor baby 

hows jenson? 

Jessie is on 7oz formula milk now and wakes around 2-3am then again 5-6am wish she would sleep the whole night. Ive moved bath time from 7 to 8.30 at the moment so that she can have her last bottle a bit later .. I prefer last bottle at 10pm then I get to sleep until 3 if any earlier I'm up sometimes 1 or 2 GRERHHH 

If she doesn't sleep much in the day I get a better nights sleep: I think up'ing the formula is going to help... lack of sleep has really got to me a few nights I must admit... 

anyone still breast feeding?? 

Jessie also likes a night light to send her off to sleep it rotates on the ceiling ::: must say it makes me feel drowsy and sleepy hehe 😂 

anything for a few hours sleep. Any other tips ladies? Xx 

• Hi Alex didn't have his in the end. The nurse rang this morning and cancelled appointment so back next Tuesday . She said even though it is 2 Month injection , they don't like giving injections until baby is 9 weeks old!  Alex was up every two hours last night so was glad of the rest. Still breastfeeding and enjoying it. I breastfed my daughter fmore 8 months so feel mire confident with that than bottles 

• Hi Ladies,

thought i would update you all on one of the most horrendous days of my life.

not long after my last post Lyla was put down for her afternoon nap and I went to check on her and she was blue in the face and wasn't breathing, on instinct I picked her up patted her back and gave her mouth to mouth, thankfully she let out a big breath and screamed. She has been checked over and is all good. It was a bit of reflux they presume and she swallowed it and stopped her breathing. I am one terrified mummy now most importantly she is okay but I may be quite on here for a while I need time with my girl and family.

i will update soon when I am better hope you are all good x

• Oh my gosh Daisy that is horrendous but I'm so glad Lyla is ok. Take care of yourself and I hope your gorgeous daughter doesn't scare you like that again any time soon!! Xxxxx