Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• That's so scary! I am glad Lyla is ok. Take care xx

• Daisy that is so terrifying! Im so so glad lyla is ok. Poor baby. Hope you are ok too. Love and hugs to you both xxx

sugar - Jenson is similar with his head! His weight is 50th percentile but his head is 91st! Loads of people I've spoken to have similar though. And doctor didn't seem concerned! 

Carly - how have you managed to get Jessie to have 7oz? Jenson is such a fuss pot! He was having 5/6oz 5 times a day but now he's sleeping through he's just dropped a feed. I have tried to get him to have 7 as worried he isn't getting enough but he flatly refuses. i always make 6 but half the time he will refuse anymore after 5 so he's getting 20-25oz total a day :-S. he is still really happy though and seems to be gaining weight so i guess he's getting enough?! i joke that Jenson isn't a pike (our surname) as we are pigs 🐷 😂 

we moved Jenson out  his Moses basket last night and into his travel cot, more just to test how he sleeps in it as he is with my mum this weekend. He slept even better! He didnt even stir from 930pm until 6am and then he went back to sleep himself until 7! I think he has been waking himself hitting the sides of the Moses basket so I might keep him in his travel cot now! 

Hope everyone else is ok xx

• Sorry eglew, meant to say that's a bit of a pain with the jabs! J had his when he was 8 weeks & 2days but then his next ones he'll be 13 weeks. Funny how the docs do slightly different things Xx

• DaisyLouise, that is absolutely horrifying - you did amazing knowing what to do. Maybe get one of those mattress sensors that follow babies breathing? We really hope you're all ok. 

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about a new product test we've just kicked off. It's for the new range of Baby Dove Rich Moisture products and if you're chosen to take part, you could also win a £100 voucher for your feedback. 

Find out all about it on this thread here.  

• Oh my God, Daisylouise - that must have been awful. Choking is my biggest nightmare. I'm glad she's okay now and good job you acted quickly. Hope you're having lots of cuddles with her now!

How annoying Eglew. Lyra was 8 weeks and a day with hers but I guess different areas do it differently. She ended up feeling a bit under the weather last night - she was so docile and subdued compared to normal. We felt so sorry for her but she's normal again today.

Lyra slept for her longest stretch ever last night - 6 hours and 45 mins. I'm really surprised given that I'm breastfeeding but she does have a HUGE feed before going to sleep so I guess that must take a while to digest. She still doesn't go to sleep until around 2am but I read something interesting the other day. It said babies don't produce melatonin until 3 months but they do get it from their mother's breast milk - and that's what sends the sleepiness / night-time signal to them. It makes sense to me as I don't start feeling tired until 3am or so left to my own devices. I wonder if it would make a difference if I expressed around that time and fed it to Lyra when I wanted her to fall asleep the next day?! 

• That's interesting about melatonin sugar! Do you find Lyra feeds on and off   all evening . Alex does and then falls asleep for 3 to four hours but then doesn't feed for long and sleeps another 3 hours 

•  Hello everyone boy the months have gone by I can't believe my girls turned four months old today  The reflux has seem to get better with medication  for them they average about 3-4 hours of sleep at night  between feedings and they have their physicals tomorrow so I'm interested to see how much they weigh my guess would be 11 pounds for Hannah and 12 1/2 for Heather  they love to giggle and talk and by talking I mean cooing lol  they do hate tummy time anyone have any tricks ?? image

• Lovely to see Hannah and heather highhopes! They're lovely! 

Jenson is very similar with tummy time. I have found that he is better on his tummy time toy (props him up a bit...will attach pic). He still gets really upset If completely flat on his belly though :-( 

xx

• Hi everyone 

Long time since I've been on here. I hope you and your babies are okay and getting on well. 

Kai enjoys tummy time, his head is very strong so he stays up looking around for ages. He loves his sleep, his last bottle is at 7pm and doesn't wake up for another one until 8am. He is a really happy smiley baby.

We've been in hospital for a while with bronchiolitis though which has been awful. He got it quite bad and actually stopped breathing at home. I'm a police officer and im so glad that I had my emergency life support training so I knew what to do! I think everyone should have this training it is so so important as you never know when you'll need it. It only started off with a little cold.

imageimage

• Toni sorry to hear Kai has been so poorly, and that he gave you quite such a scare. I hope he is on the mend now. 

Has everyone enjoyed the gorgeous weather this weekend? We have had a lazy afternoon in the garden, which has been bliss. Yesterday we drove to Addenbrookes to drop off some milk. We live about an hour away and Naomi is still very hit and miss with car journeys, so we waited until a weekend when I could sit in the back with her while my husband drove 😉

Xx

• Happy Easter ladies!

Eglew, yep Lyra does feed on and off all evening. It used to be all night though so all evening is much better! Shes started falling asleep between 1 and 2 quite often, and last night she slept for 7 hours, which is her longest sleep yet. 

In terms of tummy time, Lyra seems to have had a breakthrough over the past week - it was hit and miss before but now she seems happy for much longer. No idea why either. 

Sorry about Kai's bronchiolitis, Toni. Good job you knew what to do though. I've been tempted to take a baby first aid course. 

Bunny, I've only driven with Lyra once by myself (given OH is home for 6 months, he's usually with us) and I was so nervous! I've bought a mirror now but I much prefer it when one of us can sit in the back with her.

How are you all doing? Were much happier now Lyra is going to sleep a bit earlier and we're not up all night. I went for my first run since early pregnancy a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Loving all of the photos. Here's a demonstration of what happens when you leave your baby alone with her uncle for too long...

• Hey ladies loving all the pictures of the babies.

i cannot believe my Jessie is 3 months old this Friday, honestly where has the time gone? 

any tips on a good nights sleep for her.. I bath at 730-8pm and she has a bottle (7oz) at 830 and asleep by 9.30pm however I'm awake around 2am or 3am and then again at 6? any suggestions as to how we could make sleep time longer? 

Picture of Jessie today image

i hope you are all well 

carly xxxx

• Hi she will start sleeping longer eventually. I know it's hard with sleepless nights but it all settles down in time. My son is 10 weeks and still wakes every three hours

• Cute photo Carly! 

Re sleeping, I personally think it's just the luck of the draw at this stage until they get a bit older (I read somewhere that the 3 main things necessary for a baby to sleep through are: a reduced startle reflex, the ability to self soothe, and greater stomach capacity i.e. less frequently required feeds).

Lyra was waking every 2 or 3 hours for the first few weeks, then from 4 - 6 weeks she was cluster feeding all night until about 6am. But finally for the past few weeks she has been falling asleep around 1 or 2am then sleeping for 6 hours straight a lot of the time (7 last night). I'm pretty pleased with that given she's exclusively breastfed! I usually feed her when she wakes up then we both fall back to sleep for an hour or so. 

We don't do anything special yet and haven't changed anything to change her sleep patterns - at the moment our "routine" (not really a routine at all) is very baby led. I just feed her on demand and she usually falls asleep at the breast. It's not perfect as she still falls asleep so late but it's getting better over time!

• Hi ladies!

its been a while since my scare with Lyla I needed some time! She is all fine now just full of a cold! my OH gran passed on Sunday so we are all suffering a huge loss in the family she had a amazing relationship with Lyla in such a short time and for that we are thankful! That's were the Susan in her middle name comes from!

shes doing really well she wants to be upright all the time which is funny as she's only 12 weeks tomorrow !! She sleeps really well she goes down at 7 up at 11 and straight through till 8 we are blessed

lovely photos all the babies are growing up amazing! 

heres my happy princess x

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well and didn't scoff too many Easter Eggs! We've just been catching up on your thread and it's amazing to see all these babies! They really are thriving - what wonderful pictures. 

We're just stopping by to ask, what do you wish you had known about breast or bottle feeding? Please do come and tell us if it's about breastfeeding on this thread, and if it's about bottle-feeding over on this thread

Also, today is your last chance to sign up to be a product tester for the new Baby Dove Rich Moisture range. If you fancy taking part, find out how to be in with a chance of being a tester right here

• Hi everyone,
    We wanted to let you know about a baby names thread we're chatting about today. We're asking, did you pick your baby name before you met your baby? Please do come and tell us over on this thread. 

And we currently have this sponsored discussion - you could win a £100 Amazon voucher just for posting a reply - all you need to do is tell us about what outdoor activities you play with your kids (and if you post pics, you get entered twice into the draw!). You've got to be in it, to win it, as they say! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well. 
    We've started a new thread today, which is (based on a survey) about mums-to-be having a preference about the sex of their unborn baby and we wondering, if you had a preference? If so, please do come and tell us what you make of this over on this thread here. We'd truly love to hear if you think survey is hogwash, or true. 

• Hi everyone, we've not heard from you in a while and would love to know if you are all doing well? How are those babies treating you? 
    We also wanted to stop by and let you all know about some threads we're talking about today.

We're asking what surprised you most about giving birth? That thread is here.
    We're also asking if you think this is true: New parents apparently lose 657 hours of sleep a year: do you think that's true or way off the mark? That thread is here