Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hello! We wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today and would love to hear what you have to say! 

The first is about Mother's Day - we'd like to know what would make it special for you? Please do come and tell us over on this thread here. 

The second thread is about the comedian Russell Kane, who's got a bit aggro about people who say, ‘I finally know what real love is, now I have a baby’. He thinks this is out of order, as it implies you couldn't have had any ‘real’ love for your partner. Do come and comment on this thread here. 

And finally, a little heads up! Please keep your eyes peeled on our Product Tests section of the forum as we're going to be looking for people to take part in a Dove Baby product test and also a Lego one too in the next few weeks.... watch this space! 

• Options

Thanks guys, I've been and done it! ive got out and about and it's not as scary as I thought it would be! Actually went back to the hospital to help the consultants with a study they are doing and she was good as gold! Ha of all places to take her and I showed her off at work too, baby classes next I think!

Is there any anyone can recommend? She is 6 weeks old now  It's good to get out brings back a kind of normality!

Thank you so mimageuch for her swaddle DanielleMFM 

• Options

So glad you ventured out MUM2TB - I truly remember the fear of taking my daughter out for the first time, and the panic over 'have i got everything i could possibly need' but you soon get the hang of it.

Thank you so much for posting the picture Rose in her swaddle - we love it and so glad it arrived! Does anyone else have swaddle pics they might want to share? 

• Options

imageHere is our swaddle being used as a light blanket on the warmer days. Thank you so much x

• Options

AngWass2, Lucas looks so adorable! Love this picture! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

• Options

Hi ladies all Ur babies are getting so big. Harry is 7 weeks old tomorrow he weighed 6lb 12 when he was born, had his 6 week check on Wednesday and he weighs 9lb 10. We haven't stopped going out back to routine on day 2 but with 2 others i really had no choice lol. 

I haven't posted for a while i don't know if u remember was having problems with my partner, these were resolved before Harry was born and everything was going good until just before i had Harry my partner found a lump in his armpit. Today we have been told he has cancer hogkins lymphoma. So just as our family feels complete we have this to fight horrible thing that takes so many lives every year. It's the most aggressive cancer and he probably won't get surgery so chemotherapy and radiotherapy, If it's treatable at all. Just the weekend to wait as he's being seen Monday to get all his appointments and talk to the consultant. I feel selfish i don't wish cancer on anyone but why him why our family.We have been through so much and made it to the other side but he might not be able to win this fight and I'm so scared. He doesn't really talk about it i suppose that's men and doesn't want to show it he hasn't really cried either although i am writing this. Anyway sorry for the downer Ur all doing amazingly well with Ur bubs, so annoyed i missed out on the swaddle blankets lol 

• Options

Oh I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Sending love, prayers and positivity your way and I hope he fights it!

Can't imagine what your going through but anytime you need to talk let it out on here. Xxxx

• Options

Thanks it's so shit cos i haven't even got my mum to cry to as she has had nothing to do with me for 5 years well 7 nearly since i got with him. I have lots of support from friends and children center staff and my health visitor is amazing but there is no one like Ur mum and i cant go and cry to my mil because it's her son and it doesn't feel right crying to her when what must she be feeling. I'm so angry at the world ATM but I've got to stay positive and strong for him and my boys x

• Options

I'm a firm believer in positive thinking. Your being so brave for your family.

Is there any chance you could reach out to your mum? It's good that you have support elsewhere and I'm sure your mil would do the same for you, although your being strong someone needs to be there for you too.

Hope things will get better and a very happy mothers day to you 

Happy mothers days to all the new mummy's!

• Options

Hi Kyriex3, we're so sorry to read about your partner - that's terribly sad news. As MUM2TB says, is there any chance you can reach out to your mum - maybe circumstances and situations have changed and you might be able to repair things? 

And a Happy Mother's day to all you mummies here, wishing you a lovely day. 

• Options

Hi Ladies, hope your all okay and doing well! 

So sorry to here your news Kyrie, sending love to you and your family and i hope you get through this!

How are all the babies? Lola is such an angel! She is now sleeping 3-4 hours and the past few nights she's gone down at half 11 and didn't wake until 5!! She is now on 5oz as well :) had her weighed last week and she is now 9lb 6 & nearly 6 weeks old! I am now back driving (after my c section) & it just feels great to get out! At first I was nervous to go out on my own as I would worry about her crying in public and finding somewhere to feed and change her but I am past that now :) I try and plan my tripa around her feed! Xx

• Options

I'm really sorry to hear that Kyrie - I hope his appointments go well today. You know you can talk to us whenever you want.

Happy Mothers Day to you all for yesterday! 

Amy, that's great that Lola is sleeping so well. Lyra is quite nocturnal and it's really wearing me out. She cluster feeds until 4am most nights, usually from around midnight but the last few nights have been from 7pm. I don't think I mentions this before but we found out she has hip dysplasia so is in a harness for the next few months - we aren't allowed to take it off yet so can't bath her or weigh her. But we're off to the hip clinic today and she can bath / weigh there. I'm really hoping she has gained a lot of weight as it'll make all the constant feeding seem worthwhile! We last weighed her at 3weeks, when she was 8lb. She's 7 weeks tomorrow.

I also feel like I'm recovering well from my c-section. I'm obviously not back running / in the gym yet, but I walked 5 miles with the pram yesterday and felt great. 

• Options

Aw thats great about Lola.

I hope Lyra makes a quick recovery and I'm sure she will have gained.

Rose was weighing 8lb 6 two weeks ago, I'm going to baby clinic this week she's looking like a chunky monkey =) she's having 5oz now aswell and the other night she slept from 9 to 5 and we were honestly so shocked we kept waking up to make sure she was ok! The next day she slept non stop. I was reading up that at 6 weeks they can sleep and sleep or eat a lot because of the growth spurt but I honestly thought I'd gotten lucky with a baby who slept through.

The next few nights no such luck haha but she is now sleeping longer stretches at night time 

That's great sugarandspice for your 5 mile walk bet you felt brill after. Was such a lovely day. I went to take my little girl out and didn't realise how annoyed you can get for people who park their cars across the pavement tut tut 

• Options

So sorry to hear about your partner Kyrie I hope the appointment went as well as possible yesterday. It sounds like you are been so strong for all your family! Make sure you open up to people about how you are really feeling. We are all here for you! 

Sugar I bet it's difficult with a harness on Lyra but at least it will sort the problem early on.

Nice to hear about all the lovely babies putting on weight and thriving. 

Matilda is doing great she's having 5oz every 2 1/2 hours and sleeps for around 4 hours at a time most of the time. We have found that some days she hardly naps though and gets very moody! 

• Options

Hi everyone, how's it all going? 

We just wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today.
    Has your baby ever had trouble pooing, and if so what did you do about it?That thread is here
    And also, while you were pregnant, did your belly button pop out? That thread is here. We would love to hear from you! 

• Options

Thanks ladies good news it's curable he went yesterday to have radiation pumped around his body then sat in a tunnel to scan him and he also had a CT scan at the same time this is to see if he cancer has spread if it's stage 3-4 it's a 30 percent chance of survival which really isn't that much but i keep telling myself and him that it's better then being told it's terminal. He wasn't aloud near anyone yesterday had to use a different toilet to everyone else so stayed at his mums which made our 4 year old panic that he wasn't coming out of hospital so scary for him bless him.

Harry is on 5 Oz of reflux milk as he has it bad but other then that he's a very happy content baby sleeping anywhere between 5-8 hours at night which is a god send after having 2 babies that would only sleep 1-2 hours at night image  my baby is nearly 8 weeks now and is a dream x

• Options

Hey how is everyone?

Darren is now 2 months old and had his first set of vaccinations today. He's a bit cranky when he is awake. And looks for more bottles then normal. 

Normally he goes down about 9pm and doesn't wake until 2 then again at 6. He's on 5oz. 

He has an appointment in the maternity hospital next Thursday. I think for an echo and a check up. image

• Options

He still looks really tiny .. what does he weigh now ? Our babies are growing so quickly xx 

• Options

kyrie sending love ❤️ & postive thoughts right now to you and your family . Your little man looks a happy chappy indeed x 

my little man is 6 weeks now and growing fast .. what do all your babies weigh now ? Albie seems to be on a growth spurt as loving his 5oz feeds ! X 

• Options

Thanks hun means alot. Harry only weighed 9lb10 after his 6 weeks check but then he was only 6lb12 at birth i have to get him weighed ever 2 weeks to make sure he's still putting on with the reflux he's got but at his Check they said he's perfect and don't i know it😍. Harry is 8 weeks on Saturday and i still haven't got an appointment through for his jabs.