Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hi Kyriex3, we've just been catching up on this thread and spotted we didn't send you an aden + anais muslin - please do drop us a PM with your full name and address and we'll have it sent out to you soon as we can.

If anyone else would like to post a pic of their baby with their muslin, we would absolutely love to see it.  

• Options

Hello,
    We just wanted to let you know about a new thread we're discussing today. It's about mums of premature babies: should they get longer maternity leave? We would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you'd like to share them, it's right this way. 
    Thank you.  

• Options

Sorry to hear that Kyriex3, hope all goes OK. 

Skye has had her 6wk check with the health visitor today, she's now 11lb 14!! And has started sleeping 7 hours at night time which is fab. 

Got told by my health visitor to just phone my gp surgery and book her in for her jabs for once she's 8 weeks. 

• Options

Kyriex3 sending you lots of love and positive thoughts! Xxx

Archie is 6 weeks and weighs 9lb 11 but was only 7lb 1 when he was born. Health visitor was happy with that and said hes just staying on the 25th petcentile.. he is lots less chunky than his bottle fed friends though :/ i exclusively  breast feed so its little and often for Arch but hes only waking up 3 or 4 times a night and settles back into his next to me crib now instead of only sleeping on me, so im dead proud of him!

Hope everyone else is doing well xxxx

• Options

Kyrie, that's great news that it's curable. Still thinking of you and sending best wishes!

Ellabella, Lyra is almost exactly the same. She was 7lb 1oz at birth and was 9lb 9oz on Monday at almost 7 weeks. She has pretty much been along the 25th percentile every time. She's also exclusively breast fed and seems "long" but not that chunky. Have you been expressing at all? I've just started expressing a bit every day to freeze but it's so hard to know quantities. Every time we have fed her with expressed milk she has gulped down about 5oz and then wanted breastfeeding for a while afterwards as well. So I don't really know how much to defrost when the time comes to use it if we're going out for the evening or something.

Lyra is still slightly nocturnal and cluster feeding a lot of the night but she is slowly getting better - she has gone from finally falling asleep at about 5 or 6am to falling asleep about 3 or 4am. She usually wakes up every 3 hours for nightfeeds but there have been a couple of 6 hour stretches now. So things are getting better! 

• Options

Hi SugarAndSpice85, 

I've just started expressing this week so Archie's daddy can feed him and so, at some point in the future i can go out for a run, or have an undisturbed bath while Archies with his daddy. Also to help build a store before i have to go back to work :(:(:( 

The problem I have is even though its an electric pump, 2 oz seems the max i can pump in any session which means i have to pump every time i feed Arch as he still feeds about once an hour. 

At night he goes down at about 8, sleeps to 12:30, then 3 then 5 and we're awake and ready for the day to begin by about 6:30 which is when i was always up for work so not a problem as im so in the habit ofwalking up that time anyway. 

Its crazy how much difference the extra sleep makes to your general wellbeing isnt it :-) xx

• Options

Skye's exclusively breast fed too. She cluster feeds from 6pm till 9.30/10.30 ish. 

I struggle too to express more than 2oz at a time. 

• Options

Hey everyone, 
    We wanted to drop by and let you know about a sponsored discussion we're running, with a £100 voucher up for grabs. Just come and tell us about reading with your child! All the details about how to enter can be found on this thread. Good luck! 

• Options

I have a manual pump and it's quite hard! It depends on how recently I've fed Lyra but I usually get between 2 and 3 oz at a time. I'm trying to freeze between 3 and 6 oz per day so I basically just do it in two lots - usually one after an early afternoon feed and one after a late evening feed. Her morning and night feeds tend to use both sides so there's never much left. How much are you ladies aiming to get per day? I'm not going to be working so I only need it for the odd evening out, or workout like you say Ellabella.

We finally managed to catch a smile on camera!

• Options

Aww she's so beautiful we were the same a couple of weeks ago just melts your heartimage

• Options

imageThis is ALBIE smiling at 7weeks & 2 days x 

• Options

Hi ladies well he has stage 2 Hodgkin lymphoma consultant is very confident he'll be cancer free in a year they are treating his more aggressively, i don't know whether its because he's young and is determined to work through his treatment so they want to do so he has the best chance of keeping his job. I don't think he will be able to work but fingers crossed for him so he can keep busy. My landlord has decided to write me an eviction notice as I've now had 2 children since moving in in Dec 14 so thinks I'm overcrowded. The consultant isn't happy about this as I'll be going to the council for help and they will put me in a bnb and my partner can't be moved into a bnb so it's all go in my house. 

This has got to be my favourite picture of all at the moment my 3 little boys imagethey are so good with him. I feel so lucky to have them 

• Options

Beautiful family Kyriex3 that's great news Hopefully you can get sorted soon enough. You seem to be having a lot thrown at you at the moment. 

Your little boysare just adorable well done to you

• Options

Such good need Kyrie! Your boys are so cute I bet they will be best of friends when they grow up :)

When did everyone get their first period? Matilda is 6 weeks old now and nothing. 

• Options

Nope still waiting for mine and Rose is 8 weeks today. Although I did have postpartum bleeding for 5 and a half weeks 

• Options

Lovely photos! It's so nice to see them smile, isn't it?

Sorry you're going through so much at the moment Kyrie. I'm glad the consultant is so hopeful and that your OH seems to be so determined. Is there any way you can get your landlord to let you stay for a bit longer? It seems a bit mean of them to evict you given your circumstances. 

Laura, I'm exclusively breastfeeding so wouldn't expect my period for a while yet. BUT I think I might have had one and the nurse who did my postnatal check-up agrees. I stopped bleeding at 3 weeks then started again at 6 weeks for a week but it was heavier than my postpartum bleeding and I had some other menstrual symptoms too. Weird as it's pretty rare if you're exclusively breastfeeding! I think it can take a while though can't it, even if you're not breastfeeding, so I guess even up to a few months can be normal? 

Lyra had her 8 week jabs this morning. I hated hearing her scream after each needle went in 🙁. She seems okay for the time being though thankfully. Do any of you ladies have yours coming up soon?

• Options

Oh dear yes Rose has hers tomorrow I think I might cry! I hope Lyra is ok I hear they can be a bit unsettled after

• Options

Don I'm not sure what he weighs now last time he was weighed was the 4th of March and he was 8lb 13oz. We have an app tomorrow in hospital so they might weigh him then. 

Sugar darren had his last week. He was a bit cranky for a few hours. when I got him to sleep at 9pm he didn't wake again until 5.50am. I felt so bad seeing him like that.

• Options

Beautiful babies and smiles everyone. I had my period last week oh the joys of being a woman i bled for 5 weeks too a week off then started again. Harry has his injections tomorrow and I'm not worried about them crying just give them a big squeeze so they know they are safe my others have hardly cared but each is different. Well I'm fighting them with everything I've got to stay here until his treatment is finished or they find us a suitable home I've told them I'll wait for the bailiff to get me out I'm not scared and I'm not dragging my partner from house to house while he's so ill also my eldest is starting school in September and my middle is starting nursery so needs to be around where i live now. Although my partner did say if he can't carry on working to move us where ever because we can just start a fresh maybe even find a better school and nursery. 

Harry slept from 8 til 3 then woke up at 7 i love how well he sleeps and my middle chubs has just started sleeping in his own bed instead of his cot or my bed so that's a bonus forme anyway lol 

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about a new product test we've just kicked off. It's for the new range of Baby Dove Rich Moisture products and if you're chosen to take part, you could also win a £100 voucher for your feedback. 

Find out all about it on this thread here.