Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Don I'm getting harry weighed tomorrow but I know he only Diddy and has reflux so sick a bit. my 2nd though he was eating at 3 months and was in 6 month clothes at 3/4 months he was chunk but only weigh 6lb10 at birth.my 1st is like harry skinny and lanky my boys 5 in October needs size 5-6 in length but waist size 3-4 so all his clothes have been adjusted he eats all day long but never seems to put any weight on. My 2nd has 3-4 waist but 2-3 length I'm struggling lol harrys only just gone up to 3-6 months I would worry about what they say he's not running around yet  

Harry isms definitely teething too growing up far to fast 

He's also started on food but we went for home cooked mushed carrots and he loved them 

• Options

Hi all, sorry you're feeling down Kyrie. I hope things start to get better for you soon.

Sorry you've had issues too, Mum2TB. How are you feeling now?

Lyra is 4 months old today. We had her weighed two weeks ago when she was 15 weeks and she was 13lb 5oz - she has made a big jump from the 25th to the 50th percentile but they said that was fine as I'm breastfeeding (not sure how that makes a difference but there you go!).

Im pretty sure we've got the 4 month sleep regression here too. Lyra falls asleep late (around midnight or 1am) but when she does sleep it's for 7-9 hours so we're pretty happy. The last week or so she's been waking every few hours and falling asleep even later than usual, around 3am. Pretty sure she's teething too - she's had all the symptoms and teeth just under the surface for well over a month now. Feel so sorry for her and hope they break through soon.

I can't remember if I said before but Lyra's had her hip harness off for a fortnight now. So nice as she'll finally be able to start rolling over etc. They said it might take a while for her to get used to being able to move around properly again so she might be a bit later doing it  than she would have. 

• Options

Don don't worry about his weight, with my second I was always in tears about her weight as the hv used to be horrid. I will add she was bottle fed. Skye though is heavier than lola was, she last got weighed three weeks ago at 13 weeks and she was 15lb 13oz. But as she's breastfed they said it was fine. Apparently you can't overfeed a breastfed baby. I just produce big chunky ones. Once they turn 6 and at school they slim out a bit, but kine are all so tall too, lola is the height of a nine year old and she's only 5.

Cant believe they're all starting solids now, it's gone too quickly!! Skye whipped a potato wedge of my plate the other night, but she didn't have a clue what to do with it haha. She watches us eat like a hawk! She's 16 weeks today so I'm pretty sure it won't be too long before she's on solids. 

My eldest started waking in the night at 4 months and there was never any talk of sleep regression, so that's when I introduced solids as he was a hungry baby, and it worked. Lola started waking in the night at 6 months and again I just thought it was cos she was hungry 😂 ooops. Luckily Skye still sleeping through, fingers crossed, she does 6pm-7am. 

Kyriex3 sorry to hear you're feeling down. I hope you're managing to talk to people, let it out. Hope your partner is OK. Glad to hear your eviction isn't going ahead. 

I haven't started a new contraceptive yet, don't know what to go for apart from abstinence, he's not allowed near me lol 😂 the hormone ones give me migraines or really bad mood swings. 

Sorry for the essay! Missed quite a bit. 

• Options

Oh abstinence was my contraception up until me and my husband did the deed (took us 4 months mind). Oh god I don't know if it was me being anxious but it hurt! Has anyone else had that experience? I'm back on the combined pill now 

• Options

Hi ladies just a quick one before the monsters get up lol my partner was stage 3 which was pretty scary but Monday he got told he's now stage 1 or in remission but because it's happened so quick they still want him to finish the 12 sessions so he has 7 left and hopefully will be cancer free and feeling better by Xmas. So over the moon and a little less down the future is looking a bit brighter for us. Thought I'd share a recent pic of harry this was last Saturday enjoying the sun at nanny ans pops house image

• Options

Aww fantastic news for you guys kyrie!! 

He's such a a cutie. Xx

• Options

Skye yesterday, 4 months already, where has time gone?? 😳. Xx

• Options

Your news has just made me smile Kyrie and Harry looks so happy too ! 

Hows everyone's sleeping ? Albie has started to wake 2-3 times each night from sleeping so well x 

Anyone started to wean ? I'm giving Albie a small amount but doesn't seem to keen on savoury 

chelleH your little girl is a sweetie ❤️

• Options

Thank you. 

We've not started her yet, she's still really floppy when sat so not sturdy enough to be able to swallow properly. Although my eldest was on solids by this age and my middle one was very close to it. She is watching us eat a lot and taking interest in it. I'm sad but I get quite excited about the weaning stage, got a bag of stuff at the ready 😂

• Options

She's still sleeping ok, fingers crossed!! My other two went through a 4 month sleep regression, which at the time I'd never heard of it, do just thought it's because they weren't satisfied with the milk. 

• Options

Hi hope all mums and babies are doing doing well image

Matilda is nearly 5 months times gone so quick but it's a lovely age when all the first things start. She managed to master rolling about a month ago so changing nappies is very hard at the minute! She's getting so mad that she can't crawl or move.

What's the other babies been up to? 

• Options

Great news Kyrie! Lovely photos of the babies too.

I agree Laura. Lyra turned 5 months a few days ago and it seems like she is suddenly into everything. She rolled about a month ago as well - once from front to back and once from back to front. She hasn't done it since though! I put toys just out of reach but she shuffles around on her tummy to get to them instead. But she's generally being very noisy (we've had growls, raspberries, lipsmacking and shrieks recently) and enjoying practising sitting up and weightbearing.

We've just got back from 2 weeks in Finland and really enjoyed it. Flying with a baby wasn't all that bad either. Not started weaning yet as we're going to try baby led weaning, so waiting until 6 months.

image image

How are you all getting on? We're moving house in a few weeks, which I'm really looking forward to. My husband will be starting back at work in a month too, which is sad but also quite nice as me and Lyra can get into more of a routine.

• Options

Aw that's great Laura and sugarandspice. Rose has only just managed rolling over last week she's 5 months now. I thought she wouldn't bother because she hates tummy time but a hard lesson learned I can't leave her on the bed to change her now for 1 second since she rolled off! She was absolutely fine but I think my reaction made her cry more!

Oh I'm desperate for a family holiday but the flight always put me off glad it worked out for you! Sugar your baby seems to be doing really well those pictures wow! We are in the process of buying a house at the moment eeh the thought of moving with a baby 😲!

Rose seems to imitate us at the minute it's absolutely lovely she says hiya and dada and gaga not so much mama =( she's going to be a chatter box this one! Still no giggles though she did it once and obviously doesn't find me funny.image we started her on pureed veg at lunch times just for taste after her bottle. She's really doing well. We were going to wait at 6 months but she showed loads of interest in our food has good eye hand coordination and can sit straight. And she's lost her reflex to push food out I was pleasantly surprised she's been so lovely once she past her 4 month leap and sleep regression!

Hope everyone else's babies are doing well

• Options

Hi all, we've just spotted you guys are weaning or about to start doing so - we have a fantastic free weaning app - just search for MadeForMums Weaning in the app stores (Android and Apple). 

• Options

Aww cute photo of Rose eating her feet! Amazing that she's been imitating you like that. Lyra has said some single consonant sounds (mostly G, B and Th) but no doubles yet. The more I read, the more I realise just how different every baby is developmentally - most of them will be on schedule for something, ahead for another and behind for something else. 

Are you moving far Mum2TB? We don't know exactly where we're moving yet as we'll be living with my parents for a few months first so we're not trying to buy and sell at the same time. But it'll be a few hours away at least, most likely back near my parents. I love house hunting! I just hope I can get Lyra to accept a bottle by then so we can leave her with my parents, as looking for places with her in tow wasn't quite as fun. 

Great that weaning is going well for you too. I'm quite looking forward to it as, similar to Rose, Lyra has shown a real interest in food. 

The guilt if they get hurt accidentally is awful isn't it! Lyra lurched forward when I was holding her a few days ago and banged her eye on the table. She screamed and had a bit of a mark, which has now gone. But I felt so terrible I cried in the middle of the restaurant.

• Options

Awww ladies so lovely pictures of ur babies l. Sugar u are spot on with thr development none of my boys have been the same. 

Harry is now rolling over constantly and has started army style crawling backward lol but he has gone forwards a couple of times now. Oh the food god help me i don't know if it's because he has older brothers or amum that never stops eating but he has to eat aswell right now he's munching on a rusk as his brothers eat their breakfasteaat because if he doesn't hae anything he screams te house down and doesn't even want a bottle lol. I love that ur not eating giggles mum2b my second was like that I thought it was me, he was a chatty one but now at nearly 2 says words but laughs and jokes about more then talks. Harry is a very giggley baby which I love it's amazing watching them create their own personalites. 

Like you all I'm also moving but mine is due to my landlord finding out I was having another baby and being evicted for overcrowding, my eviction is for the 21st this month which is also when my boy breaks up for summer hols so this summer is going be interesting. My partner was sacked on the 30th June because his employer asked him to return to work because occupational health who saw him before he started chemo said he could carry on working as long as he felt able to my partner hasn't returned to work since he started chemo because it knocks him for 6 for days after and he doesn't feel like he'd be safe driving a forklift. I'm taking them to court they also got his mum sacked for her job there. The company she works for as acontract with my partners to clean the offices etc and they got her sacked by making out she said things to the bosses and that because of how they were treating her son. She called someone who was nothing to do with my partner a twat it wast even to his face and she got sacked. So this last month has been difficult but I'm trying my hardest and we will get through it hopefully with a house and Garden to help my partner recover in peace and watch his kids grow. 

Sorry for the long post my little baby excuse the messy carpet lol image

• Options

Hi ladies hope everyone's enjoying the start of the summer holidays, not much to say really but I'm just going tqo show my baby boy off lol even though he's my 3rd I still get super excited and sad at watching him grow. He's going to be 6 months in a week and a half and I want my baby harry back :(, think he'll e walking by 9 month like my eldest.image 

imageimage baby number 3 finally has his dad's beautiful blue eyes. And I know all the way through I always said I wanted a girl... I still do, but I wouldnt change this boy for anything.

• Options

That's amazing kyrie ! I wish rose was like this she's so dependant on me still she can sit up for a few seconds that's it. She hates tummy time she ends up flapping her hands like she's flying 😂. She doesn't like her bumbo she just wants to sit on her own or be on her back. She's getting such a flat spot on her head! 

• Options

Awww no my second was like that only just turning over now didn't sit til he was like 7-8 month and started walking at 11-12 months. Tummy time was a no no we didn't get flappy arms haha but harry does it when he goes nowhere so I can just see it now lol. My second also has a flat side on his head it's better now but u can still tell when he wears glasses we got a pillow with awhole in the middle to use when he laid on the floor 

• Options

Ah I might get one of those! It's not too bad at night she sleeps on her side now it's just during the day I'm trying to keep her up all the time where did you get your pillow ?