Forum home Babies Baby

March 2017 Babies

Replies

• Hi everyone, we wondered if you could help with this new thread.

When you child has grown up, do you want them to call you mum/mummy or maybe by your first name? Tell us over here.  Thank you! 

Hey ladies :) 

How are your babies doing :)

How are you getting on with weaning your bubbas xx 

• Hi Paige!

graysons doing well with the weaning, he's not loving veggies but we are persevering! He's still having 4 bottles a day and either baby rice or a purée in the afternoon. How are you finding weaning? 

Here's Grayson working on his rolling technique 🤣🤣

• Omg look at all his hair 😍😍

Harper is loving what ever we give him at the moment. Think shes gonna be like her sister and not fussy. ( thankgod since im so fussy ) 🙈 

Have you tried any fruits? Harpers favourite it banana atm 

Xx 

Jackson finally rolled all the way over and got past his arm lol but he only seems to do it when we turn our backs haha. He's doing great. We started him with food so in morning he getting puree and later he's getting veg and baby rice. He's doing ok with it but if he decides he's hungry early then sometimes he won't eat cause he's to wound up but that's not often 

Babies are looking gorgeous as always ladies how are you all doing ? X

• Aww all these gorgeous babies make me broody!

Grayson loves fruit purees! I try to switch between fruit and veg. But the only veg he seems to tolerate is peas😫😫 i did read somewhere that it takes on average 15 tries before they will like it so i'll keep trying!

forever Jackson doing the same as Grayson, he's only just worked out how to push up on his arm!

• Oki my son was told to start solids at 4 months and I was called a shit mom for doing so. But he loves it!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is doing it. image

• Jackson loves carrots and pumpkin and sweet potato. He's not so sure of cauliflower. Quite likes Apple n banana pureed, not sure what other fruits to give him.

Ericsmommy Jackson was drinking 8oz bottles at a time and quite often looking fo r more any he was having 6 or 7 bottles a day so I was told as he was so demanding on milk that it was best to move him to food. I don't really care if other people thinking bad as they don't know my situation just like they don't know yours, don't worry about other people's opinions as long as your baby is happy that's what matters 😀

• Angeljojo - best to keep trying eventually hell probs love them 😂 

Ahaha!! Forever they always seem to do thibgs when your backs turned. Harper is so close to rolling over but enjoys sitting up atm. 

Ericsmommy - i think if there ready for it then let them have. They wouldnt take it if they didnt want it :). My daughter loves her dinner time veggies breaks up the day rather then all the boring bottles. Xx 

Anyone got any combinations of purees ? 

My daughters tried different combinations off  butternut squash , carrot ,brocolli,  cauliflower 

• My little man loves food. And was the same situation. Drinking 7 8oz bottles a day and he was told that is a no no. 

• Paige i swear he does it on purpose lol. He enjoys sitting up as well his favourite is if you hold him so he's standing with his feet on the floor ( he obv can't do it himself) but he loves it. 

I've tried a few combìnations. Not tried peas yet might try that next.  

• Forever - haha he will get crafty soon and wont let you sit him down he will always want to stand 😂 we have a play activity table for harper she loves going in there to stand. Think its because her sister comes over to play.

I havent tried peas i might give them ago too :) 

• Paige, I'm determined this child will love veggies as much as I do! unlike his daddy! as for combos, I've mixed banana into his baby rice which somewhat improved it. He cried so much when it was plain, I don't blame him as it is pretty awful!

Has anyone's HV mentioned anything about dairy? I bought a cauliflower and veggie cheese pouch but I'm unsure if he should be having it yet in case of intolerances. To be fair I've started weaning early so I've already ignored the rules anyway!

• Ericsmommy,

i followed the guide on the side of the formul box (and googled too!) and was giving Grayson 5 x 7oz bottles and they thought I was overceeding him. Then he completely went offf his feed and hasn't regained it back so I moved to weaning him.

His was born at 9th percentile and went up until he settled of the 50something percentile. He seems perfectly happy so it makes me wonder why HV's have such duffering advice.. even when it's two on the same team! 

• Paige when he's in his jumperoo some times he just stands and played with the toys on it but he loves being on his feet he even tried to walk lol but he can't hold him self up yet so he's got a bit to go before he's doing it on his own. 

Angeljojo007 my HV said not to give him dairy until 6 months and dry to avoid gluten as well 

• My little man loved to stand since two months. And now he is into jumping. We will stand him up and he will jump up and down. So we just bought a doorway jumper and he goes to town on that thing. 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well? Your babies must all be hitting the 6month mark now? 

We've just started a new thread about your pregnancy body - when you were pregnant, did you love it or hate it? If you fancy telling us, please come and post your thoughts on this new thread. We'd love to hear from you. 

• Hey ladies!,

how is everyone and how how are the gorgeous little cuties?

• AngeljojoI

I'm doing good how are you? 

Jackson is doing Great, running about in his walker and trying to grab anything he can reach lol imageimage

How are all the other babies doing ? 

• hi forever! 

jackson looks great! grayson hasn't fully got the sitting up thing yet but he keeps trying! We're all doing well except for his teething.. here's him discovering cold veggie sticks 🤣image