Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

March 2017 Babies

Replies

• Sounds like we are all in tge same place with the teething thing. Jackson can't fit the normal teething toys in his mouth but we got a smaller 1 in asda that has 2 sizes of the bits on it that he can chew 

image the blue bits are a bit softer rubbery and the red bits are bigger and harder plastic for when he's a bit bigger.

• I've been looking into thing for teething and a lot of people recommend the amber bracelets for teething, I've brought my daughter one so will let you know if it's any good when it arrives xx image 

so excited. We've booked a holiday to Disney world Next may. There's 12 of us all together. Freya will be nearly 4 can't wait to see her face! Keeping it a secret from her and my 6 year old niece and going to tell them on the day!  😍

• I've heard about amber bracelets but don't know anyone who tried them. Hopefully it's good. 

That sounds great I bethink the kids will be so excited on the day you tell them and they will have a great time

• Paige, my brother and sis in law surprised their kids like that too, they got them up at silly o clock on the premise that they had to pick me up from the airport only to spring it on them that they were going to Disneyland. I've never seen bigger smiles from all 3 of them! You'll have a fab time for sure! Let us know how you get on :)

• Forever - yeah I've seen a couple of friends use them and say they work but I don't understand how 😂 But I'll give it a go and get back to you all.  

And thankyou can't wait to see Freya's face. 

Angeljojo- .thats what we're thinking or some sort of treasure hunt at my mums the day we go to the airport. xx 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well? 
    We were hoping you might come and tell us about what pain relief you had during labour over on this thread

Also, did any of your health visitors recommend a dummy to avoid SIDS? If so, one mum would like to know over here
    Thank you! 

• Hey danielleMFM I'm doing good and Jackson is doing great he's getting so big now, had his 2nd jags today but didn't even blink at them so that was good at least. How are you ? 

How is everyone else doing ? 

• Hi Foreverl0st, lovely to hear from you and I'm doing great -thank you for asking! So glad Jackson's jabs went well - is that it for the jabs for a while? 

• He gets a 3rd set in 4 weeks then that's it untill he's about a year and a half I think. But I was glad it went well today and he's just been his usual cheerful self so far afterwards x

• That's brilliant forever - I remember I used to take my motherinlaw with me and make her hold my baby cause I found it so upsetting. But my baby was always fine - think it got to me more than my baby! 

How's Jackson sleeping? 

• I can understand that I don't like seeing him get them but he was ok. 

He was getting up at 5am and going back to sleep on me as soon as I picked him up but would wake up as soon as I put him down for about 2 weeks but he's stopped again and is back to sleeping all the way through again so hopefully this will continue. 

How old are your kids Danielle? X

• Oh long may the sleep continue Forever! My two girls are nearly 8 and nearly 4 - I have to say I do get rather jealous seeing and reading about all these babies! Make my arms ache! 

Hey ForeverOlost - glad he was effected by his jabs this time :) Harper was the same for her 2nd ones :).  Is he in a cot yet? I think we will have to put Harper in one soon she's so long 😩. 

harpers getting so big now makes me really sad how fast time is going. It's my daughters 3rd birthday in 3 weeks :/

• He's not in a cot yet he's in a big wicker crib that's ment to last till 9 months but he's almost out of it. Have you got something nice planned for your daughters birthday? X

• Not really we did a party last year, so think we're just gonna go to my mums for a BBQ and do a few party games and that with her cousins.  

I was thinking of getting Harper a crib but it's pointless now. I just don't think I'm ready for her to be in her cot in another room. xx

• Hi forever

graysons got a viral infection on top of his teething so he's grumpy and bringing up his bottles 🙁🙁 went to the dr's yesterday who suggested I give him water mixed with honey which I immediately said no to as my HV said it upsets babies tummies before 1 year. im just trying to keep him hydrated with water and soothing his gums with chilled teething toys 😁

• I wasn't going to buy the crib but my cousin gave me it she got it for her boy and hardly used it. I wouldn't want to put Jackson in his room yet. If he needs to go in cot soon we will bring it into our room , not much space but not ready for him to be away yet x

• Anglejojo - seems we're all suffering with teething babies. Hope they don't bother him to long.  😘 

Has anyone tried any of the teething gels or crystals? i brought a teething gel but it doesn't seem To have any effect. Any recomendations would be appreciated :) xx

🎀🎀

• Aww angel I hope he feels better soon that can't be nice for him. Hopefully he won't be grumpy for to long.

Are any of you going to baby groups or classes? 

• Paige what type of teething gel did you try ? 

We tried the baby bonjella first and every time we used it Jackson cried or screamed more then a neighbour said it was known to be horrible so I tasted it and can only describe it tasting how rotting bananas smell sorry if that doesn't make sense. So we binned it. 

The Aston & parsons powders are OK and Jackson likes the dentinox gel but it only lasts a little while but he links it when your trying g to give him it x