Forum home Babies Baby

March 2017 Babies

Replies

• Hi forever,

grayson hates bojella! He cries every time intry it so we switched to dentinox and when the pain  is really bad we give him Anbesol liquid . The pharmacist recommended it over gels because it's gets absorbed into the gum almost immediately whereas the gels tend to get swallowed x

• Angel did you ever try the bonjella your self ? I swear once I had tasted it is understood why Jackson hated it so much. 

I haven't tried the anbesol liquid might pick some up if it's that good x

• Hi Forever!

this may sound weird but I like the taste of Bonjella ☺️ Anbesol on the other hand is a lot harsher in taste, Grayson pulls the funniest faces when I put it on his gums but it's the one that seems to work with immediate effect 😁

• II really  like the taste of normal bonjella but the baby 1 isn't the same.. 

I can imagine the faces he makes but if it works that's not so bad x

• Dentinox gel is what we have but I don't think it works, she also likes the taste of it tho 😂. I brought her a teething bracelet  but it's well to big n just hangs off her wrist n feet ATM 😩😂. X 🎀

• Hi everyone, two threads we're talking about today.
    When you were pregnant, did you mind people touching your baby bump? Please tell us over on this thread here. 
    and...
    If you have a child at school, do you buy the teacher an end of term gift? Please tell us over here. 

• Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has tried their babies on pureed fruit/baby rice yet? 

• Hi Anglejojo007, I haven't tried my little boy on food yet - he turned 4 months yesterday. im really torn as to whether to try & wait until 6 months and do BLW or start earlier with purée. What are you doing? Im sort of thinking that while he's sleeping through on just milk do a leave it be until he's showing signs it's not enough or do I just got for it? Im really looking forward to him having his first taste of food which is making me impatient!! X 

• Hey Anglejojo007

my little girl has been having the Ella's kitchen purée fruit pouches, at about half 4 every day. She loves them. I did try baby rice but she wasn't keen on it. She's also tried the strawberry n banana porridge too. 

• Hi Amy!

i wanted to hold off until 6 months but Grayson has completely gone off his formula since he had a viral infection and he's gone from bottles at 7oz  to struggling to do 4oz. Took him to get weighed and the health visitor said if I am worried and want to try then to stick only to pureed fruit/veg and baby rice. 

So tonight we gave Grayson a spoonful of organic apple pure for babies and he loved it! He's not sure on how to really work it around his mouth so he spat some out but managed to eat the majority of it. I'm going to persevere with only milk for as long as I can as he's still putting weight on but it's good to know he isn't too far off weaning 😃😃

• Hi Paige! 

First off, your kids are super cute! The curly hair gets me every time :)

My HV said that baby rice/ porridge is really bland so most babies don't like it, she said just purée my own fruit and veg (and to use frozen veggies too) but I got the pouch in Lidl as i wasnt sure he'd like it... obviously worried for nothing 🤣

• Aww sisterly love!! 

Anglejojo007 - Ahh sorry to hear that! Is he okay now? I can understand why you'd be worried & want to start sooner if he's not talking the volume of milk he should. i can recommend this book If you want to have a read up on weaning. It covers both BLW & purée. Also a combination approach and really isnt biased towards one of the other which makes a refreshing change :)  I got mine off amazon xx 

• Hey ladies :) 

thankyou, there like best friends 

yeah I wanna start making harper veggies n things like that blended up. But just wanted to try her on a few fruit things before  that. 

how many bottles do your babies have? She has 5 - 8 ounce bottles sx

• Hi Paige,

Grayson is on 7 ounces five times a day. he doesn't always finish them but for the most part he's pretty good for drinking the lot (especially first and last of the day). The HV said he's jumped from 20 something percentile to over 50 percentile in 5 weeks but he's hungry so I'm not worrying too much x

• imageHarper nearly has her balance to sit up 😍

• Paige, Harper is soooo adorable - how's she getting on with her hand and arm movement? 

Hello everyone else too! Two threads we're talking about today, if you fancied commenting.
    The first is an expert thinks we should be teaching kids in school that breastfeeding is natural: what do you think about this? Tell us here. 

Also, a new member who breastfeeds her 6month old is having a nightmare trying to get her baby to take her milk from a bottle - can you help? 

• Thankyou :) and her arm n hand is working exactly the same as her other arm now :) 

• Paige - that is AMAZING news! We are thrilled for you! 

• Aww Paige Harper is looking gorgeous as ever. 

That's Jackson into his 6-9 month clothes and he will only be 4 months on Thursday. 

Getting big and never stops talking (making baby sounds) 

• Forever, Jackson is so handsome - whatever you're doing, keep doing it.