Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2017 Babies

Replies

• Ah look at all our gorgeous bubbas how luck we all are! 

I am feeling really emotional at the moment as yesterday I found out that my work have advertised someone to be recruited doing the job I have essentially been doing at a grade higher then I am effectively cutting off my career progression when I return and will mean a lot of the elements of the job I love won't be mine anymore when I go back.  I have been told I can apply for this job if I want to but how I can attend an interview when I am exclusively breastfeeding on demand an almost 3 week old I have no idea and I am also feeling like they are trying to push me out after 12 years of dedication working all hours. 

I am trying not to let it ruin my maternity leave but feeling really sad luckily this little face is in hand to make me smile 

• It was a huge shock and mad rush to get everything in space of 7 weeks but we got there. Still cannot believe it tbh. was worrying little man was going to have problems but he is fit and healthy and has just passed his hearing test too so all is good xx

• My little princess was at gp yeserday as she was not happy with this awful colic.... they have given me infant gavistone..... spoken to health vistor and Dr as I was very upset crying at least once a day worrierd I had deppression  it's normal to feel teary as hormones are crazy but for to carry on talking about how I feel... so hoping my little Mrs gets better xx

• Hi ladies hope everyone is well 

I have the baby blues and just want to cry for no reason but spoke to midwife this morning and it's normal 

baby Jensen got registered today and had his heal prick 😱 But he didn't cry which I'm glad at 

Well ladies, Noah and 2 attended our second baby sensory class today and he managed a full 15 minutes awake. Feel like it's a bit of a waste of money at moment but know he will be more awake as the weeks go on. 

I too have been tearful past couple of days and quite snappy at hubby. I'm doing all night feeds during week as he works long hours. Just need to get into routine of napping during day but Noah tends to only sleep when his out in pushchair or car seat. 

I have alao developed an infection of my tear as well and only managed to get antibotics today even though doctors had results on friday which I have put a complaint in. 

Apart from that loving the cuddles and can't stop smiling. 

Be warned: did a little food shop and took 30 mins longer due to getting stopped and asked loads of questions by some lovely ladies. 

• I had the baby blues well I was so emotional 7 days after having Blake then had one hell of a meltdown 4am that night and felt fine since , my poor other half was trying to find out what was wrong but I didn't even know , starting to feel a bit more normal and balanced again and blake is 4 weeks Saturday , it's awful as you can't control hormones Xxx

• I'm so glad I came on here today as I feel exactly the same today. So upset and worried but not really sure why! I'm thinking about hubby going back to work, he has one more week of paternity leave and I can't imagine being without him. I also feel worried about when we're going to get into a routine and what our life is going to be like! I know baby blues is normal, and I have had loads of happy moments too, but can't help feeling awful xx

• I'm doing pretty well but really don't want hubby to go back to work either, though he had to go in for one day last week and we just about coped. He has another week of leave and I think I'll cry for days when he leaves us!

Bethan has had a couple of unsettled nights which has been challenging but last night she was great. I think maybe she was unsettled because I was a bit stressed. We've been giving her infacol and playing YouTube white noise videos for colicky babies all night, and that really helps. Have you tried anything like that scarlettmummy?

Hope everyone starts feeling a bit better soon.

Here is my favourite pic of my gorgeous little girl. She is 4 weeks exactly here and still looks so tiny! 

• Mrs b i felt like this my partner went back to work and Blake is my third baby lol you will be fine , we have been strict from day one with night routine bath 7.30 Bottle 8pm another bottle 11pm then down until 2-2.30am then he is straight back down until 6am ( wind permitting ) X

• Hi jo jo I will look into that... the weather has bin stunning so every morning i try get out the house its helping.... my back and pelvic area feel very bruised painful somedays anyone eles having trouble with them areas xx

• Hi all! 

Update - Baby Harrison has finally arrived, am impressive 11 days after his due date! We are currently recovering from a pretty horrific ordeal of a labour, but baby is doing well and I'm in the best place to be looked after! 

After starting contractions about 1am in the early hours of Wednesday morning, the labour ward told me to call back when they were 5 mins apart. All day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I carried on contracting - never getting any closer than 7.5 mins apart. I called back the labour ward on Thursday night as the intensity was too much and the pain unbearable, and because I was due to be induced on Friday anyway! Again, I was told not to go in until the contractions were 5 mins apart.  

On Friday at 4pm, I went to hospital for my planned induction and, after examination, found I was 4 cm dilated 🖒😀 My waters broke naturally shortly after, and it was established baby was back to back - hence the horrible contractions. However, 4 hours later, I was still only 4 cm dilated and baby's heart rate kept dropping when I was contracting. It was agreed I'd go on the hormones drip to being on stronger contractions but, as they were putting in the canula, the consultant wasn't happy with baby's heart rate and wanted him out immediately. 

Cue a whole team of medical professionals running in the room and within mins my bed was being run up to theatre. There was no time to wait for an epidural so I was put to sleep for an emergency c section under general anesthetic. I woke up 2 hours later to see my beautiful baby boy! He and my husband have just about recovered from the ordeal but, mummy on the other hand, has a long way to go! I'm exhausted, bed bound, groggy, have a sore throat from the tube inserted for the section - but I wouldn't change it given that's what it took to make sure my baby arrived safely in to the world! 

If I hadn't been booked in for the induction on Friday I might never have known that baby's heart rate was dropping dangerously during contractions as they never reached 5 mins apart (even venue after 3 days!!) The midwife agreed that the intensity of the pains should be taken in to account, and not just the time! 

My world is now complete - Harrison is 7lb 10oz of pure perfection!!!!! 

• bubbamumma1, we are so glad to hear from you, and hear that Harrison is here too safe and sound. Congratulations, though it does sound like you went through a real ordeal. We hope you're on the road to recovery and home soon. And if you fancy sharing a piccy of Harrison, we'd never say no! 

• Aww bubbamumma  hope your all ok sweets!! 11 days late wow you must of been fed up bless you!! 

Jensen was back to back and all my contractions where in my back I thought it was snapping! 

i can't believe they wouldn't see you because your contractions was not 5 mins apart 😡 

Hope you heal quickly 

people who had a vaginal labour how long before you healed i gave birth 8 days ago and still feels pretty bruised and tender it doesn't hurt when I pee anymore just this pain is getting me down maybe I've over done it passed few days walking a lot which might of done it 

I don't think I have an infection as i dont have a temp and doesnt smell just inside of my vagina feels like I've had a few hours of dry sex 😂😂

• Emma92 if you are walking or standing alot you will feel bruised... it's bin 4 weeks and if I do alot I feel really bruised and ache xx

• My oh has just took Jensen out for a few hours and I burst Into tears because I didn't want to be without Jensen my oh says I need some me time but I feel fine like I dont feel like I need me time I'm hoping it's just my horemoans as I don't want to be one of them really over protective mums i also feel like I can't trust him with anyone even though my mum and sister are both exellent mums themselves and know what their doing.

i think because it took so long to have a baby with 2 mc on the way I don't want to let him go 

sorry ladies had to get it off my chest xx

• Emma - I honestly think the back to back was the worst part of labour in the early stages! How is gorgeous Jenson now? 

How are you feeling now Scarlett? Any better after speaking to the Dr? 

This is Harrison at birth and this morning - so only 24 hours apart! As you can see, he has a grumpy face ha ha! He obviously didn't want to move from his cosy womb apartment to the outside world! 

imageimage

• imageMy boy 💙💙💙

• Hi bubba feel a little better still have at least one cry a day lol over silly things Britains got talent lol.... how is everyone eles coping.... buy the way we have all had stunning babies xx

• Oh Emma I don't blame you at all! No way could I have Thomas out of my sight yet. It's lovely of your oh to give you me time, and I'm sure it will do you good, but Jenson is only 9 days old! Give yourself more time before you feel you have to spend time away him.

Bubba how're you getting on with your beautiful boy? It's so surreal isn't it? We're so lucky 😊

Scarlett I think bring tearful is totally normal. I've been the same. Make sure you're talking about how you feel, and if it gets too much make sure you get the support you need from the dr xxxx

• i felt so lost I tried to relax in the bath but I couldn't so got our longest 2hours ever was glad when he came home xx