Forum home Babies Baby

April 2017 Babies

Replies

• You ladoes breastfeeding are so lucky. I didn't produce any milk at all nkt even one drop so straighton to formula for Noah.

Feel so bad but it's helped with bonding for hubby and older son as well. 

Got Noah weighed today at 3 weeks 3 days and his a hefty 9lb 9oz. Weight at birth was 7lb 12oz. His such milk monster feeding every 3 hours. At night he seems to want bottle after bottle. HV said this was normal and not to worry just their way of cluster feeding. He went from 10pm till 1am stayed awake for 2hrs after 7oz of milk and then woke up at 6.30am.

We are going to set bedtime routine of bath, book and bottle 7.30 - 8pm then quite time upstairs as if to say it's sleep time but wondering if its to early to do so. 

• Cheers Scarlettmummy. Yeah I have read oats are really important. Going to make somenovernight oats shortly and flapjacks. So hopefully that will help. I am drinking lots of water so hoping my milk supply goes up. Topping up with formula atm. Would be great to produce enough for her. 

Lot82 I think a bedtime routine is best. No harm at all in giving him a routine. Someone said to me starting them off early is the best thing you can do. Then they will sleep through (apart from feeds of course).

Jan

• Scarlettmummy - when you pump do you do both breasts every few hours. Or one breast then swap and do the other breast three hours later. That's what I am cutrently doing. Is that right or should I pump both? 

Thanks

Jan

• I pump both Jan 15 mins on each then 3 hours later same xx

• Oh ok thanks!! Will start that 

Jan 

• Morning all! It's lovely to finally catch up on posts, and see that all of our gorgeous babies are doing well! Jan - I'm glad you've found a way of feeding that works for you. I am a firm believer that a fed baby is a happy baby so carry on doing what your doing - you are amazing!!!!!! 

Harrison is bottle fed - for no other reason than that's the decision me and Hubs made! I thought I would be pressured a bit while in hospital to 'at least try' but, in everyone's defence, it wasn't even mentioned! To be fair, I was in no fit state after a level 1 c section and coming round from the general anesthetic ha ha! 

It's nice to finally be home and getting settled. Any thought of a routine is out the window at the moment, I rely so heavily on everyone else around me, but we seem.to be naturally finding our way so I'm happy with that! 

Xx

• Oh cheers bubbamumma.

Good to hear you are home. That's brill! Take your time, no rush to recover.

Sounds like you are doing amazing well. 

Jan 

• Great news your home bubbamumma your doing great take your time on recoving xx

• I'm pleased you're home bubbamumma! I know what you mean about lack of routine, I really thought I'd be able to keep up with the housework and cooking etc but at the moment me, the hubby and thomas are just muddling through best we can xx

• Hows you mummies doing how's babies xx

• How are you all coping with visitors?

Lil is one week and one day one and every single day since we have been home we have had visitors. It's exhausting, think tomorrow is a day off for us. Then my in laws want to come again on Friday. We decided no visitors on Sunday and Monday. Last two days that hubby has off. 

Also how do you feel about hubby /partners going back to work?

I am finding is daunting he goes back next week. I am sure I will be fine. Just nice having him here.

How you all doing?

Jan

• Glad you're home bubbamumma. Hope you're recovering well but take it easy- who cares about routine when youve just had major surgery?!

We're doing well thanks scarlettmummy/Jan. Though now Bethan is bigger I think my milk supply just isnt keeping up. I went to the breastfeeding clinic today and after them repeatedly telling me I wasn't running out of milk they told me to wake up at multiple times during the night to express 😭

We've not had many visitors Jan. All our family live so far away they've only visited once and even our "local" friends are almost an hours drive away. I'd quite like more visitors really! But do be strict with them, you and hubby and lily are the most important people and  need some rest time.

My hubby goes back tomorrow and I'll miss him a lot but me and baba will go out and do lots of activities and classes to occupy ourselves. Though I am lucky that hubby doesn't have to go into work that much at the moment so I'll still have him at home a couple of days a week until September.

What classes are people doing? We're going to do baby yoga and baby massage but I have no idea what else we should be signing up for

• Welcome home bubbamumma1, can you believe you've all had your babies!

Jan - when I had my first, hubby was home with me for three weeks - when he was going back to work, I was terrified, crying, scared it was just going to be me and the baby. But once I was doing it, it was actually fine, so I get why you're feeling apprehensive. 

• Jojo that's a great idea! Yeah think I shall do the same. I am sure I will be fine when hubby goes to work. He's been very busy today sorting stuff on the house. So been feeding, changing as well as pumping all on my own so far today and doing well. I will be fine once I get myself in a little routine I think. 

Going for a little stroll down the road shortly. Not left the house for 8 days. So hubby said maybe a little stroll down the road will be nice. 

Yeah I am not expressing much either. Expressed 90 ml yesterday which is the most I have done so far. Pumping every 3 hrs is hard work. But determined to keep it up. 

First day of no visitors and it's lovely! 

Jan

• Aww Jan, see you can do it by yourself! I also feel terrified for hubby going to work on Monday but deep down I know we'll be fine. 

Thomas kept me awake last night grunting and squeaking in his sleep. I felt so anxious about him incase he was struggling to breathe but I've read some of the madeformums chats this morning and it seems to be normal new baby noise. He'd been so quiet before last night so it took me by surprise!

Me, hubby and thomas had a day out at the coast today. We walked along the seafront and had fish and chips. It was so lovely to have a family day out, but Thomas slept through the whole time haha.

I hope you're all feeling well and all the babies are happy and healthy 😊 xxx

• I think April is on a spurt every hour feed feed... am pumping more then every to keep up ha ha little monkeyit is hard work jan expressing but keep the hard work up xx

• Hi everyone have been trying to keep up with all the posts.. glad everyone now has their lovely babies at home now.

Jay is now 5w1d old 😀 he is a wee darling feeding every 3hours during the day and 5 hours at night. Still breastfeeding well and starting to express. It's definitely harder than I expected lol

The last few days he has been trying his hardest to smile and I managed to catch a pic of a wee one this morning 😁

Loving every minute with the wee man 💙

Hows everyone else doing now?

• Oh wow Campbello how cute!! How long did it take to get the breastfeeding regular? Thomas is 2 weeks old and just feeds whenever. Anything from an hour to 4 hours between feeds. Also how is the expressing going? Has he taken a bottle yet? I plan on starting that in the next week or 2 xx

• Thanks DanielleMFM - it's lovely to know that all the April 2017 babies (well, May 2017 in my case ha ha!) have arrived safely. 

Harrison has been registered today, so he is officially official!!!! He was such a good boy in his pram for the first time - he loved it! 

Recovering from the c section is harder than I thought it would be! I have an appointment with the supervisor of midwifes to go through the details of exactly what happened leading up to the section being decided, carried out and the recovery as I have so many blanks in my memory about it. Overall I feel lucky that both baby and me are fine, but we went through a lot! I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I was unconscious so didn't get to see my baby being born, and wasn't brought round for about 2 hours afterwards! 

• Hey Mrs B Jay fed regularly every 4 hours up to about 3 weeks or so then for a week he just seemed to feed constantly I'm assuming it was a growth spurt.. now for over a week he has been pretty regular at 3hours give and take half an hour.. 

Yes I have given him a bottle and he gulped it down.. he took to it so well.. I'm getting about 3oz when expressing and feeding at the same time or  6oz when expressing while he takes the bottle.. it gets a bit easier every day 😁 

I can't imagine how that feels bubbamumma hope u get all the answers u need. You definitely had a rough time xx