Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2017 Babies

Replies

• Thanks Campbello, I guess breastfeeding can be pretty unpredictable. It sounds like your little one is being very well behaved, well done!! 

Bubbamumma how awful for you, I hadn't realised the birth had been so traumatic, it must be strange to not have seen baby arrive. I really hope you get the answers you need and feel more at peace with the situation. If you ever need to get anything off your chest I hope you feel able to talk things through on here. I'm so pleased you and baby are ok but it sounds like getting your head round things and allowing yourself to recover might take some time!

xxx 

• Am.sure my breast milk isnt feeling april up... 😢 xx

• MrsB your day out at the coast sounds lovely. Must have been so nice to get out the house. We walked down the road and round the corner which was lovely. Just that made me so happy. 

Scarlett mummy is is hardwork, but feeling better as pumped 125ml yday which is the most I have ever pumped.

Anyone used dummies yet? I find Lily sometimes just doesnt settle after a big feed. So I give her some more milk. However the milk doesn't go down, She's just suckling at the nipple and not drinking it, but it sends her to sleep. 

Hope everyone is ok. 3 days until hubby is back at work. Got friends over today then 2 days off from visitors. Wooohooo! 

Looking forward to some time alone. 

Jan

• Jan I know what you mean I'm so glad the visitors have stopped 😊 I can get myself into a routine with Jensen as they came at tea time then wouldn't leave till like 8 pm so I wasn't eating till then drove me mad 

• Oh I know! You can't just whop a boob and get pumping, you can't just eat dinner when you want. It drives me crazy. I am a bit hormonal as well. My in laws just love coming over to see her, but we need a bit of space really. Luckily my husband said to them yday that I was getting a bit stressed with visitors so they didn't stay long. 

I had half hour inbetween visitors yday. Was half way through pumping when the in laws turned up. 

Just got some friends over today and that's the last of it. Thank god! Then tomorrow I can get into a better routine.

Jan

• I get mad because they pass him about all the time between themselves and he would get unsettled and I lost it and took him back oh thought i was been unreasonable but i isn't care 

hope the visitors stop soon Jan xxx

• We have more visitors today and tomorrow, day off on Tuesday, then Wednesday.. and, in between all that, we have the usual midwife visits, our first visit from the health visitor and a meeting with the supervisor of midwifes to do a debrief about our birth experience.. it is beginning to get a bit tiring now ha ha ! 

Emma - I don't think anyone can blame you if Jenson was getting unsettled. Harrison quite likes all the cuddles, but if he got unsettled and was screaming I would 100% take him off to calm down because they can't tell us how they feel. 

Everyone keeps telling me ill get the baby blues and be weepy at some point - it's now been a week and I feel fine! Not sure if that's a good thing or not, or whether it will be twice as bad when it does eventually come! 

For anyone still suffering with boob pain - I swear by wearing sports bras at the moment! It keeps them still, supported and strapped in! 

• Bubbamumma I never had baby blues with my two girls but didnwith Blake so you might be lucky 😊 

Mum just getting fed up with my milk supply I never breast fed Blake but still having to wear 2 breast pads at a time 😕 Just want it to dry up now !!!

how is everyone else doing ?x

• Hi girls I give april a formula she wasn't happy or filling in my milk did some combi feeding she was just rejecting breast milk so first full day today on formula.. hoping it helps as she has not bin a happy baby xx

• I've had to give Bethan some formula as well. Though just at night when she wasn't settling and I'd not got any milk left. She is much happier and sleeping better. She wasn't taking the formula at first but now she will drink anything, the greedy girl!

Hope April is happier now.

I didn't get the baby blues at all bubbamumma. I don't think it's compulsory lol!

You're definitely not being unreasonable Emma. I think becoming moms we have to get used to appearing more rude to some people but we have to put our babies first and we know best.

x

• She's bin very unsettled this evening to the point I have bin in tears of thinking am doing wrong xx

• Maybe April is going through her growth spurt? They apparently have one between 4and 6 weeks and are really unsettled, feed a lot more etc. It is frustrating but it is definitely not you doing anything wrong. 

Hope she settles soon. Someone recommended me the wonder weeks app as it helps reassure you that these times are just phases and it will get better. Think I might have to download it 

• Yeah Lily had one the other day. I told the midwife she had a really really unsettled day. It was ridiculous she was feeding on the hour, she was grizzling all day long. It was exhausting. The midwife said they have a growth spurt after the first week and again in a few weeks time. She said it's normal for them to be unsettled and they will want feeding constantly.

So might be that. I had to do formula on that day my breast milk couldnt keep up with her. She doesn't seem to notice a difference though

Jan

• Scarlett - you are doing perfectly! As long as baby April is fed, warm and loved you couldn't be doing any more. As Jojo said, it may be that she's having a growth spurt. I have downloaded the wonder weeks app - although I haven't had time to look at it in any detail yet. 

I'm glad to hear that the baby blues might not hit - makes me feel a bit better that I haven't been sitting here crying! 

My section seems to be healing a little, which is good, and I need less painkillers during the day which makes me feel more normal! Have my mum coming to stay next week when Hubs goes back to work and I hoping, by the end of that week (3 weeks after section!) I'll be able to do everything on my own - don't like being this useless! 

Xxx

• So sorry about pic but anyone eles babies poop like this image

• blakes poop isn't like that , could April be constipated ? Might explain why she's been unsettled ? I'm no expert just a thought though Xxxx

• I would check with your gp Scarlettmummy, looks like she could be constipated? My little girl is 4 weeks and 2 days and has runny, yellow stools, she is breastfed. Did your midwife give you a poo chart to check? Might be worth seeing if it's on there. Xx

• It could be that the poop is a transition between breast milk and formula.  I know formula fed poop is more solid then breast milk poop.  is there a health clinic in your area you can pop to today? 

I am going to start expressing milk today as I want to start introducing a bottle a day.  My DD1 point blank  refused to take a bottle when I started trying at 3 months and it was a nightmare trying to get her to wean meaning I ended up breastfeeding until she self weaned at 18months last time so trying to do it much earlier this time to try and avoid that happening.  

I had a block milk duct yesterday it was beyond painful never known anything like it think I need to be measured for a new nursing bra as the ones I have were from when I was measured at 10 weeks pregnant and I think the fact they are to right led to the block milk duct.  I fed on that breast quite a bit yesterday and it seems much better today! 

Rose is doing really well she is a month old today! she loves her sleep and she sleeps anywhere and she loves her little bedtime routine we have introduced.  Last night both DD1 and Rose were asleep by 8! image

• Harrison is only 9 days, so not sure if it can be compared, but his poop is nothing like that Scarlett and he is formula fed. His is yellow and quite soft - this looks quite solid. I agree with others, maybe give your gp or health visitor a call just to double check - it could be completely normal due to the switch from breast feeding to formula, but it's always good to get some peace of mind. Keep us updated - I hope April settles soon xx

Charlamine - Rose is gorgeous! Xx

• Scarlett, I agree with the others - best to get it checked, looks unusual to me. I'm sure the dr will be able to reassure you, good luck!

Charlamine, I'm going to start expressing soon I think, Thomas is 17 days old so I'm going to ask the health visitor tomorrow when to start. I want us to try fairly early so he hopefully won't refuse the bottle. What is your bedtime routine? Do you do a bath every night? I do every other night because he has dry skin. We don't have a bedtime routine yet but I'd like to get one started in the next few weeks. Any advice you have would be good 😊 

Hubby went back to work today, anyone else missing their OH? Wish he could have 9 months off as well haha xx