Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2017 Babies

Replies

• Emma - when I was discharged from hospital I was told by the midwife that your very fertile after birth for 6-12 weeks. If your worried, go and get the morning after pill from the chemist.. I was advised to be extra careful until I've had my 6 week check with Dr and sorted birth control (although the c section acts as a natural contraception at the moment  - I couldn't do it even if I wanted to!!) Xx

• I've got a dr appointment this morning can they prescribe the morning after pill? X

• I don't think they can, as far as I'm aware it's available over the counter in the pharmacy only as you have to pay for it! But I could be wrong - have a chat with your dr this morning and, if not, you know you still have time to go to pharmacy afterwards xx

• I had it before from the pharmacy when I was 20 didn't have to pay hope they can give me it at the dr dont want to go to pharmacy with a new born asking for morning after pill 😞 

• Hi all, just wanted to share my burping/winding tip with you. It's weird, but worked for me and I had a super colicky baby - by no means is this professional advice! Just one mum to another! 

Once baby is fed, hold them out in front so baby is facing you, holding them under the armpits. 
    The idea is to stretch your baby out - so you want their legs to drop down. So while you are holding baby, very gently sway them, so their legs gradually drop down and their body is nice and straight. Just do this for a minute or two until baby has legs down. Then sit your baby on your knee and wind as usual by rubbing their back. 

Let me know if this works for you! 

• DanielleMFM - I will defo be trying that! Thank you! If it works then I will be indebted to you forever! 

• Oh i hope it works. When i used to do it to my girls, my mum was always like 'What ARE you doing'. Looked at me like i was mad! 

• Hello everyone, I'm so glad everyone seems to be doing great! Are those new bottles working ? We was told by the doctor that Mia's trapped wind and colic was caused by reflux ! We now have medicine for it and she does seem alot better but still suffers from trapped wind . Will definitely try that Danielle!  image

• Hi bubbamumma the doctor prescribed me the morning after pill and is more effective if taken within 12 hours I took it in 10 hours so hoping I'm safe I discussed i wanted the pill and she said wait till your 6 week check up which isn't till the 5th June 😞 So she didn't give me the pill which I'm gutted at xx

• Hey Emma - I lived your fear the other day there...had to go to the chemist with my 6 week old baby for the morning after pill 😔 So embarrassing considering I'm a sexual health worker but they were lovely with me! I had my gp check yesterday and I'm back on my combined pill.

I don't know if anyone here has had their period yet? I've just started and this is the worst, heaviest most painful period I've ever had - no one warned me about this and my first period after having my eldest wasn't as bad! Maybe because of the section this time? I'm having to use super tampons and heavy duty pads (sorry tmi) and changing every couple hours 😔 I called hv and apparently it's normal for the first one to be really heavy. I spoke with my friend about it and she said hers was that bad after having her wee girl she actually bought incontinence pants and used them for the first period! 😳 Hoping it passes quickly! 

My mans just walked in with the sleepyhead deluxe so will be testing that out tonight! Darcie went from 11pm until 4am last night! Feel like a new woman today with that extra sleep (slightly tainted by the period!)

xxx

• Have you had your period since taking the morning after pill soph? 

• Yeah my period started yesterday and I took the morning after pill on monday morning Xx

• Sorry Tuesday my period came, all days feel the same just now 😂

• Hope to get mine soon xx

• Hi girls april is 6 weeks next Tuesday still haven't had sex scared to April is on formula fully now as the maststits was far to powerful.... I stink of cabbages but helping the boobs lol.... xx

• New thread alert! 
    Was your baby born with loads of hair, or none at all? Please come and share your pics over here - we'd love to see them! 

• Hey scarlettmummy! I was a little anxious too but when it came to it I was more than ready emotionally and physically! We had hardly done the deed when I was pregnant so it had been months for us! I had a section and waited 5 and a bit weeks before doing it and I was fine. Glad to hear your healing after feeding - my nipples are still healing after bit feeding for 2 weeks now xxx

• Scarlett I know how you feel with the cabbage lol I used them the first two weeks as didn't breast feed it felt like sheer relief as I kept the cabbage in fridge but the smell lol it does work Xx

• imagefirst smile at her daddy and sister....😊

• Morning ladies I would definitely recommend them dr brown bottles Jensen has been so much better on them