Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June 2017 Babies

Replies

• Aw what a beautiful pic Lbester 💛

Vijay poops once a day aswell, but its usually a good one lol. Sometimes he skips a day but ive noticed he normally goes around the same time each day 💩

• Oh that's reassuring thanks ange x 

• Hi All

Took me a while to realise we'd all moved. Hoping it won't be too much longer for you Peanut!

i came out of hospital about 5pm yesterday and it doesn't feel like I've stopped feeding since. Got a good latch (blood blister on my boob) and midwife was pleased with my progress today but no milk as yet. Currently feeding for an hour, getting 20 mins then feeding for another hour. Not been resting as much as I should have and am so drained today. Still loving being a parent though. Hubby is great and takes him away for a while so I can shower, eat, sleep, whatever I need to do. 

My feet are so swollen that nothing fits. Health professionals don't seem bothered and said it's because I didn't swell during pregnancy. Well I am defo making up for it now. Owen also refused to go down so slept in our bed last night as I gave up caring at 3. 

• Hello everyone! Iv only just caught up on the move too! 

Here's my little Kit 💙

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well? It's wonderful to see you all over here on the new thread and see all these beautiful babies.

We were hoping you might come and tell us about what pain relief you had during labour over on this thread

Also, did any of your health visitors recommend a dummy to avoid SIDS? If so, one mum would like to know over here
    Thank you! 

• I've only just realised we moved haha! 

I yhink I'm having my 1st pp period? (I stopped bleeding 6 days after csec but now it's heavy and browny coloured 😏no pain so that's good 👌

Noticed yesterday I was ravenously hungry and when Milo fed off my 1 boob the other side leaked!! (Never happened b4!) Must be my hormones??

• Anyone using a baby movement sensor????

• Lbester, I bought one and then when trying to set it up couldn't figure out why it wasn't working! Turns out you cant use with a bedsode crib ie chicco next to me as it senses the movement from your mattress so that was a waste of money for me! Oops. You having problems?

• Is anyone using a dummy? I was totally against them, adamant I didn't want to use one. Then Ben started screaming around 10-12 and I mean really screaming. Would try more bottles, thought maybe it was trapped wind so bought infacol and still he would scream.  My friend suggested a dummy and Its so awful seeing how red and stressed he was getting so we tried it and it's worked!! Only giving it to him of an evening cos he doesn't get as worked up in the day but last few days i haven't thrown away milk as we were using it to try and comfort him when he wasn't Hungary! Using tomme tippie ones because someone had bought a pack from the baby shower, problem is he sucks it so hard it's leaving a red print on he's chin? Anyone recommend any softer or smaller ones? 

How is everyone getting on? All healed up ok now? I've had light bleeding since the section and seems to have stopped now, it's been 3 weeks. So how long will it be till period stsrts? Next week or 4 weeks ish since bleeding stops? 

Also cringe alert- now bleeding has stopped I'm thinking I want a bit of living but I'm worried about my scar?? How long do people wait after a section?? 

Xxx

• I use dummies and have done since Amelia was born pretty much ha ha i use the mam ones for newborns they are fab and small. 

I think im all healed i bled for about 3.5 weeks and still get the odd spot here and there i keep thinking im going to have my first period but it never kicks in. Which im used to due to pcos.

On the loving front.... We have had quite a lot of fooling around and tried the whole shebang at about 4 weeks but it was far too soon ( i could feel my stitches) so stopped before we got started and i was mortified !! I felt like crap...so although i have been the horniest beast on the planet we have stuck with just a bit of fumbling until i know im ready to go ahead and get back on that horse ( so to speak) im bloody nervous about being totally crap and that though ..... Weird hey xx

Hey everybody! Have been loving looking at all the updates from everybody and the beautiful babies! Can't believe james is 5 weeks on Thursday! Time is flying!

is anyone having trouble getting their babies to settle for naps? He's pretty good at night but I get worried he isn't having enough in the day but he just loves being nosey! 

• First, we have been using a dummy. It was ment to be for just at night but that didnt last lol. He has it whenever he wants it now.

My pp bleeding has almost stopped, just a few spots now and then. Not looking forward to having a period again 😑

Im going to wait til 6 weeks before i attempt to dtd lol. Im a bit sore still around the scar at times but healing pretty well.

Charlie, Vijay can be like that in the day time. Especially when theres visitors, hes quite nosey and i can see hes sleepy but keeps opening his eyes again. But overall hes pretty good. Hes settled into more of a routine now and sleeps well at night.

Does anyone use the implant for contraception? Im thinking of getting it.

• imageHi everyone, been meaning to get on here for ages, I just have no time anymore! Congrats to everyone, so many beautiful bubbas (and don't worry peanut, it won't be long, enjoy the sleep now, honestly!)

george is doing well other than the last two days where he has decided he just isn't going to sleep anywhere other than on my chest, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact I have my 20 month old constantly demanding my attention! I've had several breakdowns over the last few days and feel im being a bad mum to them both. Husband has gone to Paris as sadly his grandma died and today is the funeral, but he's not much use when he's here anyway. At night he rolls over and expects me to do all the work because he has to get up and go to work in the morning...but I have 2 kids to take care of, isnt that a full time and exhausting job too? Urgh feeling teary just writing this, sorry for the moan xxx

• Oh these mummy and baby pics are delightful!! You all look incredible! Lovely to see the babes growing too.

Little update - Lost/still losing ALOT of mucus plug overnight following my sweep on Monday. Who knew there'd be sooo much!? I've been up most of the night on all fours, really uncomfortable but no sign of any contractions YET! Feeling hopeful today though, ha.

• Fingers crossed for you peanut !!

• LL&B I've been feeling so teary/stressed that I'm a crap mum to both kids.. it's normal (I think or so I'm told) because of the big change to family dynamic.. my 3yo tests the boundaries and always wants attention when I'm feeding or generally babybusy  :-( it will pass and get easier 😘

Trying a new routine today and so far feeling less stressed about everything. . Currently both children asleep so I'm off to join them!! X

• Good luck Peanut!

have any of you lovely ladies started a routine with your newborns yet? I'd love some tips on how to begin x

• Good luck peanut!! It's so hot to be pregnant still!! 

Wishing whilst pregnant I was like im going to have a natural birth with only gas and air,  get straight into a routine, not going to use a dummy and sleep when Baby sleeps.......

I.had a section,my routine is non existent I'm just pleased if I'm dressed and mascara on by 12 even though my days can start at 4/5am, i gave him a dummy a couple days ago and when I think ill nap i end up quickly tidying up or sort bottles out or washing and then before i know it he's awake!!!  Ultimate respect to anyone with a routine!! 😂😂 i.suppose if you already have a child and have to do school runs etc you have to be more routines. 

Today I bumped into a work colleague and her friend who I know just to say hello to. My work friend said I looked Good - I'd been out to lunch so had made some effort and her friend said well she had c section it's not like she actually went through giving birth so.its not hard to put some make up on!! I wanted to headvutt her but instead smiled sarcastically and said I think being pregnant for 9 months and then having my stomach cut open and a baby being taken out counts as giving birth!!! What a bitch and why say anything if you can't say anything nice!!

Hormones are still all flying around so allowed to feel teary and stressed, add that to the lack of sleep I think we should get a well done for surviving the day!! 

Last night Ben woke at 3, then every 20/30 mins till 8. Was actually like torture as soon as i drifted off i was back awake. Hoping for a better night tonight but not sure I will in this heat!!!

• I have no routine at all yet ...... She sleeps and feeds when she wants because thats just the way it is here ha ha 

Had the hv today and the little pud now weighs 11lb 2oz and is developing really well yay !! They think i have slight post natal anxiety but im going to be monitored cos they think im dealing ok with it. I have some down days ....but i think thats just me and the fact that its hitting home how stressful my labour was etc because i was full of the joys for the first couple of weeks cos it hadnt really registered how traumatic it all was

• First my midwife said your period will come between 4-6 weeks 

and really gross but I only know one woman who's has had sex after a section MY MUM 🙈 She said wait 6 weeks as your uterus is still healing and you may feel some discomfort along the scar.

im also considering Dummies as he gets so upset waiting for a bottle :( 

Logan is 3 weeks 2 days and weighs 9lb 4oz!! So doing well bless him x 

finally my tears have stopped but has now been replaced with anxiety, anyone else struggling with formula feeding when out and about???