Forum home Babies Baby

June 2017 Babies

Replies

• Oh and ange I'm considering the implant too there's no way I can remember a pill 😝

• I had the implant a few years ago and was fine with it so am getting it again x

• Woah first, I can't believe anyone would say that!! People can be so rude and insensitive. Not surprised you're upset. A c-section is major surgery!! 

Gross but I've been losing mucus plug streaked with blood on and off all day. My back is really sore but it's relatively constant, definitely nothing that I can time! 😩 Been hanging off my birthing ball ALL day!! Surely it can't be much longer before contractions kick in!?!?

• I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with zero sign of a routine! Kit tends to want to eat every 3 hours ish but there's no sign of any other pattern! No bedtime or anything like that! I don't even know where I would start - maybe it's something for when our little ones get a bit older??

i struggle a little with formula feeding when I'm out and about - if he needs feeding soon I make a bottle up & take it with us in a pouch to keep it warm. Then I take the powder out for any further ones but it's not ideal. All much easier when I'm at home x

• Wishing are you sticking to the must make bottles fresh and use water over 70 degrees rule???

im in such a panic we had a long car journey the other day and were on the return leg I had my thermos of hot water and my powder, then we hit a massive traffic jam as babies feed was due, I then started to flap as realised how the hell can I then cool the water down!!! Thankfully baby didn't wake up until we were home 40 mins later! 

Its mad as loads of people make bulk bottles up or add the powder to cooled sterile water in the bottle but that's "not the way to do it"!! Feels like I'm making life so much more difficult 

• Lbester - yes I have been sticking to all that so far, which I agree is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to being out & about. Especially if you end up bring out for longer than planned. 

Id be very interested to know how many people just batch make their bottles in the morning for the whole day - because like you Iv been told this is a no no but it's how my mum always did it! x

• I've gone a  little off plan with the making of the bottles.  Ben takes 120 mls now so I boil kettle and pour 70ml in, let it cool then put in the fridge, then when I need one I add 50ml boiling water and the powder. From what I can work out it's important the boiling water is used as it kills bacteria in the milk, same principle as a prep machine but without the worry of mouldy pipes! This way it's ready to drink straight away, if out i do the same thing and just take the boiling water in a flask. 

My health visitor was saying the rules got changed because some babies got sick where people were making them all up and just leaving them on the side All day-to-day don't know.how true that is. 

I.do.stick to.the if it's not all gone in 2 hours bottle is off rule. To be fair now he has a dummy we aren't trying to comfort him with bottles and aren't wasting hardly any and have a lot less screaming!! 

I also bought a couple of the small pre mix milks for the changing bag in case of emergency!!! 

Have you got any sweeps booked in peanut?

• Yep first, I have a second sweep booked for Monday & if all else fails an induction is planned for weds afternoon.

Had a sweep on Monday which has definitely helped get the mucus plug moving! Went for another long walk last night which left me In lots of back pain but I ended up sleeping relatively well which was a huge surprise! Must just be the exhaustion now haha

Bottle making sounds so confusing.. i should probably take heed in case bf doesnt work out!

• See this is where I've become paranoid as my health visitor said you need the 30ml to scoop ratio otherwise it's not enough hot water to kill the bacteria but my friend adds hers to cold boiled water and her daughter is fine!!! Total faff if you ask me abd yes I've bought pre made bottles in case of emergency x 

• Yeah mine said it should be made to the instructions too so with fresh boiled water each time. My friends who bottle fed a couple years ago did them all in morninh and just reheated them, one friend does it with cold boiled water doesn't use any hot when she adds the powder! I use half cos in my head im just being a cheap prep machine . Just do however you feel comfortable, in my head I must throw bottle after 2 hours but then people make them for the whole day don't they!! Think there's so many people opinions and different ways just have to do what you feel is right xx

• Very true Hun although yours does sound like the best compromise I've heard so far Hun. It's the nights that are hard as I have no prep time where in the day I get it ready before he wakes x 

• Hi All. Just been catching up with everything. C'mon Peanut, hoping it all starts for you very soon! I'd managed to pick up a tummy bug and ended up having a doctor out at 2.30 Tuesday morning as I couldn't keep down liquids. Ended up moving from bf to bottle as I was zonked for 2 days and hubby had to do everything for me. Still trying to return to the land of the living but feel so tired all the time. 

Loving all your pics xx

• Hi everyone, how are you all getting on? Have you had enough of all the visitors yet? 

• I dont get many anymore ... Its gotten kinda lonely lol

• I'm finding that Owen is sweating uncontrollably in this weather. He's sleeping a lot and when he wakes for a feed, his blanket is soaked through. I've put a fan on in the room but away from him and just wondered if anyone else experienced this and do you have any hints/tips for keeping him cool?

• I havnt had many visitors. Just my family but they dont really come that often. Husband is working 11 hours a day atm so im quite bored and even when he is home he just seems to sleep

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Hi everyone, we just wondered how are you getting on? Are you managing to keep you and the babies cool? Please do let us know you're all ok. 
    How's it going for you Pe4nut

• I've had my little one in a vest all day but I'm thinking I could've just left him in his nappy.

hes been feeding more too as he's obviously hot and thirsty!

are the formula feeders giving water to the bubs?? X 

• Mine's just in a nappy all day with a muslin over him at night. 

Lbester I have tried giving cooled, boiled water but as soon as he realises it's not milk he pulls a face and stops! Lol