Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June 2017 Babies

Replies

• Oh Emma, a tummy bug on top of your recovery and a newborn sounds he'll-ish! Hope you're feeling a lot better already!

Nothing budging for me! Had some awful trapped wind which tricked me into thinking it was contractions earlier today 😂 Luckily I got some release before turning up at MAU to be checked! 

• Thanks Emma I'm still yet to try x 

We had our first formal outing as a family yesterday for a wedding and although it was a bit stressful.... We had to be out of the house at 1.30 but had to get an emwrgency docs appt ...little one has oral thrush which is giving her soreness when she is feeding....the appt was at 12 ...didnt get seen until 12.30 ....then had to get home and get ready....typically she wanted a feed as we were ready to leave so i had to give her a quick 10 mins ....dont think we looked too horrific though lol 

• Thanks Peanut, getting there. Started eating again today so I'm hoping to build back up again. I keep coming on here thinking we will have some news, you must be completely fed up now. I do feel for you!!

Jeanetta that is a lovely pic, you all look really nice and hope you had a lovely day. 

• Jeanetta - you all look amazing, what a beautiful family! would never guess you'd got ready in such a rush!

Haha yep Emma, I'm a very grumpy lady now! I've had some really intense side/back pain on and off most of the day but accompanied by a lot of awkward back to back baby movement. Paracetamol and a bath seemed to have calmed things down in the last hour much to my husbands disappointment ha!

• Hats off to you Jeanette for getting sorted in such a rush you all look lovely! Hope Amelia's thrush clears up soon!

Peanut I bet you're so fed up. Hope things start moving quickly, you may have him on my birthday. I'm 26 on Tuesday, everyone keeps asking me what I want... a bath and a full nights sleep would be Devine!

had some bad news last week, my old boss had a brain haemorrage, nothing could be done to save him and he passed away 1 day before his 55th birthday. We were very close it's such a shock. 

ive had my first bad day with Harry, hes been a nightmare at night the past few days and he just will not settle, so I've cried, Its so hard doing this alone some days. His dad doesn't bother unless it suits even though he knows I've had NO sleep. My sister has come round with a chippy and got harry so hopefully I can sleep (probably want boob soon though)

has anyone heard of the wonder weeks? Delvelopment leaps. Turns out he's in his first one so now I feel awful for getting upset (which made me get more upset!) but at least I know whats up with him. anyway, sister had the baby so I'm going to nap xxx

• Nice family pic Jeanettea 😊

Laura i think Vijay is having a growth spurt aswell. Hes been quite unsettled the laat few days and has been wanting a bottle more often. I havnt had much sleep either. Will be interesting to see how much hes put on at his next weigh in

• Peanut good luck Hun hope it's soon fir you 

jeanetta honesty gorgeous photo!! It's so hard getting out on time isn't it! Me and the husband row everytime!

Laura I hadn't heard of that but this makes soooooo much sense!! Logan has been a nightmare for sleeping and had gone from 90ml every 3 hours to 120ml in the last week! He was weighed on wed abd was 4270g today in A&E he weighed 4500g!!! (We were in A&E for prolonged jaundice) 

• imagemy sis in law sent me this and it makes total sense with Amelia ...she was very fussy and feedy for a while so thought i would share with the class ha ha

Thanks for all the kind messages ! It was a good day although we were home by 9pm ...i was pooped ha ha so much for going all out ha ha 

Peanut I cannot wait to see the pic of your LO ....he is certainly keeping us all waiting!! 

Amelia is now sleeping 8+ hours a night which is a dream .....so why am i worrying that i should be waking her up to feed her .... I feel like i cannot win .... She is gaining heaps of weight we had a hv appt on weds and she was 11lb 2oz so still bang in the 75th centile so everyone was happy. The worrying about if you're doing things right seema never ending lol xx

• 8 hours!! I'm beyond jealous!! Last night Ben wouldn't go more than 40 mins before waking up and then at 5 he slept till 7.20!! Was like a torture night!  Hubby was on annual leave last week and I went to my best friends sat and drank pimms so I didnt do any of the getting up sat night and my body now remember what sleep is!! 

Ben is so long, he's 4 weeks Wednesday and is nearly out grown the moses basket but doesn't seem to settle in he's crib and wriggle around and kicks.the wood then half cries!! Not sure what to do next?? image

• Wow Jeanetta, what's your secret? I get about 2 hours overnight at the moment! 

Ben looks so cute in the superman pose. 

Owen won't sleep in his Moses basket so he sleeps in a bouncer/rocker thing (or our bed). Trying to shoot that habit down in a hurry!

Peanut, we all feel for you and hope things start moving soon!!

• I'm too scared to put Ben in bed the health visitor and midwife said not to so many times and if he's on my chest I have a 'll sky rocking chair and could easily sleep but I worry I'll drop him or something.  I know loads of people who have had them in bed or slept whilst breast feeding but I just can't do it lol 

Peanut fingers crossed for some movement!

Ben likes he's rocket didn't think of bringing that up!! He has modes a lovely rocking crib ,a big cot ,bean bag chair, rocker and the place he loves most is he's 10 quof change mat on the kitchen table 🙈🙈

• Harry will not sleep anywhere but in bed with me, I know you're not supposed to but I'm a light sleeper and it's just me in the bed. I do try and put him in his crib, he managed half an hour last night.  I wish I could get a break with sleep, he's up every half an hour some nights. Nightmare. I was very emotional the other day, due to lack of sleep. Other than that he's very alert! 

Google wonder weeks 'wonder leaps' is the app it's £1.99 but so worth it. This is a screenshot from the first leap which was spot on with Harry!

First could you not get something to put in his crib to make it feel smaller for him, like an insert, I think they're called sleepy heads (they are mega expensive though!) but assume they do a cheaper version 

pe4nut I hope you're in labour! (Or had the baby!) dont forget, my birthday tomorrow so that would be a great present - not that I'm selfish or anything haha xxx

• Aww Ben is a very long boy! Can't believe he's outgrowing his moses basket already. Could you try him in the bassinet from his pram?

Another sleepless night in pain with baby twisting and turning here. I spent all day yesterday on all fours and really thought he'd turned - he's shifted back to back again overnight whist I've been laid down  😩.

Just home from the midwife,. Second sweep done, very uncomfortable! Currently sat on a hot water bottle - thank god for the rain and cooler weather today! She was very surprised to see me and said she was confident after the last sweep that i'd have had him by now. Not sure if i'm pleased or gutted by this, haha!

Apparently now I'm 2-3cm dilated, waters were 'bulging', he's fully engaged and fully effaced. Hurry up baby peanut!!! We do not want induction on weds afternoon!

• Purflo do a cheaper version of the sleepyhead and you can put these on top of your duvet so co sleeping is safer x 

logan has on and off days! I have the chicco lullago zip which is a standalone crib but chicco are sending me the next to me instead as I rang up and just said i wasn't happy with it so they are swapping! 

Logan wakes every 2-3 hours and the only change is he now drinks more milk thats it x 

first ben is scrumptious and very tall indeed x 

• That's really promising peanut ... good luck hopefully things will start soon. 

Even if you have to be induced if your 2-3 cm with bulging waters they will be able to break them and the induction process shouldn't take days x x 

• Hi everyone,

Just a little update from us and some new pictures. Can't believe Edith will be 4 months on Thursday!! Four months!! She was weighed this morning and now weighs a whopping 8lb 6oz. Haha. Everyone is still really happy with how she's doing. The doctors and health visitor go by her corrected age which is 6 weeks old. We've reached a couple of milestones this week too - we've had some smiles and she's been finding her wee voice which is the cutest sound ever!! Love reading how you're all getting on and seeing your pictures xxximageimageimage Some outtakes to make you smile haha!

• Oh wow, what a gorgeous girl you have there Milly! I refuse to believe that it's been anywhere near four months though!?!?! How is that even possible!

Ooh that's good to hear pickle, the thought of a looooong induction process on top of this wait is enough to tip me over the edge right now, ha!

• Edith is beautiful 👍👶🏼😍 And 8lb 6 that's awesome milly ... my boy would dwarf her bless he had exceeded his birth weight at 10 days he was 9lb 9 lol born 9lb 6...

xxxximage

• Oh milky Edith is gorgeous!!!

and pickle he looks very content all snuggled