Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Babies

Replies

• Its Universiry College London Hospital it's where I was born and most of my family so I'm really familiar with it which helps in a sense but even the other day for my sweep it took 4 hours to be seen due to them being so busy. I feel sorry for them they are over worked I take my hat off to anyone working for the NHS xxx

• When I was in last weekend it was extremely busy. I waited 48hrs to go up to be induced after having pessary in for 30hrs. The midwives were run off there feet. (I still got very upset) but I'd hate to be them.

cant believe this time last week I was still pregnant and now I'm holding him 

• Just wondering, as anyone been low risk? Who decides to induce you midwife? Or do you have to be referrred. To a consultant ? For going over that's all not for health reasons or anything?

• Post withdrawn at user's request
    MFM

• Kirstychloe if your under midwife care and don't have any complications they will book you in to be induced 10-14 days over depending on your hospital guidelines. They just call the inducement ward and get you a date.

If at your midwife appointment at your due date the head is engaged then she can do a sweep. A sweep was all I needed but consultant did mine as I was 38+6 and was suffering with sickness and spd.

I have crippling pain in my right leg from my knee to hip. Keeps going into spasm amd struggling to sit

• So Charlie slept for three hour last night which is better than nothing. He's been wanting feeding all the time still tho he's gonna be massive 😂. Jade and kirsty I hope they do something for you soon. 

I'm so tired today you don't realise how lovely it is when they start sleeping through all night until you go back to the beginning 👨‍👨‍👦‍👦

• We went out around 715 and I'd put Saoirse in Patrick's beanbag as she was being quite sick and wanted to keep her head up. Said once she's settled down put her in the basket...come home at 10 and they'd only just picked her up as she looked 'cozy'. She was soaking in sweat and it took until half 1 to settle her back down. I don't know how the two of them raised 4 kids. Each time they do something new that's stupid. 

Today is my husband's last day of leave and I'm shitting myself about tomorrow. The plan had been to just get out and walk but I'm in that much pain I don't think that's gonna work. 

Fed Saoirse at 430 and feeding again now. Don't know how I'll be able to plan getting out when her feeds are so irratic

I'm up with both kids atm. Letting husband sleep but come 9 I'm getting him up and going back to bed and insisting on a few hours or I'll have a breakdown tomorrow 

• I feel your pain Katt today has been the first real day that we have had olly and Charlie at home today and it has been hard work we've had to struggle to entertain olly you don't realise how advanced toddlers are until you have a newborn. There's been an handful of times I've wanted to pull my hair out and cry. How's everyone else getting on today xxx 

• I'm out pacing the streets while my husband does a food shop. I've managed to put on half a stone in 3 weeks...oops. 

I need to phone the gp tomorrow. Paracetamol and ibuprofen ain't touching the pain in my leg when it goes. Need to phone the physio too. I'm hoping I just need a small adjustment.

I'm cutting my nose to spite my face. Now I'm not working and not pregnant I don't want my inlaws taking Patrick for afternoons. Just want my mum to get back from holiday...she's been away two days lol.

• I've got to ring the gp tomorow as well the midwife came out out again today and Charlie has a infection in his cord 😨. She also did the heel prick test but pricked him that hard blood was gushing out I was so angry 😡 and mortified. We're going to register him tomorow :) 

• We've not achieved much today. Been holding Charlie all day and watched the Wimbledon final even though I don't normally watch tennis. Hubby took the other 5 out swimming. 

You did well getting a registering appt so soon mummytoolley - we had to wait ages. Are you going hospital or council house? We went hospital and didn't even need to pay parking as were in and out in the free 20 minute parking time. 

• Ollie has been lovely today weve been out for lunch and now he's playing in his bouncer babbling to himself it's so cute. 

Louise are you having any more or is this your last? i would love to have a big family but hubby isnt keen. We have twins in our family and I can imagine we would have one more and it would end up two like my mum lol 😂 we've been out with me niece and she's an only child and as lovely as she is I would really want Ollie to have a play friend she gets board so easy and demands your attention but maybe not just yet😂 I guess the hard bit is getting them both to an age where they can entertain each other. 

• Louise were going to the council house sweetie. We've sort of sorted out a bathing system at least we each take one then spend time together as a family before bed time 

• Lillian I think Charlie will be my last but I have to admit if we had room I would love to have one more as my next youngest is 8 and so it would be nice for Charlie to have someone nearer his own age especially as I've seen how nice it is for my others to have siblings to play with. I do worry that it will be my one regret if I don't have a little friend for him 😞. It would be lovely if you had twins Lillian!! 

• Wow I take my hat off to you Louise, im struggling with 3. The boys, especially the middle one have not accepted little man well 🙁🙁 everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to try for a girl next. 

Weve had a busy weekend with lots of visitors and I'm exhausted now. wish the weather would make up its mind i can't shift this headache. Looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow 

• Twins are my worst nightmare lol. When I was readmitted the only space was in the ward with multiple births and the woman across from me also had a 16 month old at home but had just had triplets. That's what keeps me going..that it could be worse lol.

Starting to get the anxious stomach thinking about tomorrow! 

• That was what people always said to me bincey as I had 3 boys first then my 4th was a girl. We now have 5 boys and a girl. People always assume ive had more to try and get another girl . It makes me cross when people say ' oh not another boy!'  because my other boys look sad when they hear people  Say that. 

• It really frustrates me when people presume you aren't happy to have "another" boy.  I knew this one would be our last and and just about everyone expected me to be upset he was a boy. 

I bet your little girl loves having all that attention from her brothers. Do they look after her? 

• Post withdrawn at user's request
    MFM

• Of course you're not a bad mum but you need to sleep too. It's very risky sleeping with them in your arms, I've been exhausted and I know I've closed my eyes holding my kids and i feel terrible when i do it but it's a lot safer to put them in their basket or crib. If she's lying on the bed with you then you can't tuck the blanket in so maybe a sleeping bag might be better. I know when you've waited so long you don't want to put her down but you've got to rest and you need to be safe m'dear. 

I have had a horrendous upset stomach tonight. I'm just waiting for Saoirse to settle so I can sleep. Tomorrow is going to seem so long