Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Yes she loves having  lots of brothers bincey although I suppose it would have been nice for her to have a sister. Yes people just assume that you want a girl - they can't accept that you just want a healthy baby. It amazes me the things people say. Your boys will have an amazing time all playing together xx 

Good luck tomorrow katt. Let us know how you get on xx 

Getting Charlie weighed tomorrow. They want to check he has now got back to his birth weight. He is quite tired tonight. Am hoping he's ok. 

• Options

My sister is a bitch lol. I'm just kidding but we weren't friends until I was 22 and I asked her to be my bridesmaid. She was 9 years older than me so she was going through puberty while I was growing up and she was just cra cra. On the other hand I have two big brothers one 10 years and the other 5 years and they are the best brothers ever, especially my oldest one! I also have a great SIL married to my brother so she might get a great sister later in life. 

People are just stupid and incentive. I hoped for a healthy baby. You see far too much shit on the news to want anything else. 

Every muscle in my body aches. Had to carry car seat a bit further yesterday and my arms feel like they could fall off.

• Options

Is anyone else's baby wanting feeding all the time? Charlie seems to be wanting feeds near enough every hour 😯 and am exhausted think I'm getting about four hours sleep a night. Tried giving him a dummy but he just spits it out 

Miracle I wouldn't risk holding your baby whilst your asleep bbe I know you've waited long enough for her but when you're as exhausted as we new mums are it's too risky I've managed fall asleep twice writing this I sometimes have to keep moving whilst feeding Charlie to stay awake 

• Options

Yup I've slept 3 hours, up for a feed and managed another hour before she demanded another feed. I'm exhausted and unless I can time her feed with my sons nap I'm not going to get any sleep.

I'm hoping this is a quick feed. Husband will be up at 630 for work and Patrick is normally up around then too. Might have time for a coffee and a cry lol

• Options

Katt hope it goes ok today. You will be ok xxx

i get on so much better with my brothers then I do my sister, but she's there if I need her. 

we seem to be feeding a lot but he doesnt take that much. I had a cider last night, and woke at 6 this morning. I had to wake dh to make sure he had done the night feed 😬🙈

• Options

imageLittle man now has a name, Joseph Benjamin 😊

• Options

Feeling absolutely exhausted, hope today went well for you Katt. Charlie's continuing to be a milk monster he seems to be quite refluxy tho 

• Options

Lovely name bincey xx 

Hope you manage to have a bit more rest tonight mummytoolley xx 

Charlie has now got back to his birth weight. He is now 8 pounds 11 and was 8 pounds 9 when born. He's on about 25 th centile. Seems strange to see him so far down chart as when I was scanned every week when pregnant he was always off the top of the chart. 

• Options

Louise my boy ended up bottom 2nd and now 95th. Once he gets his feeding established you'll see a difference. 

We've been out walking for 2 hours. Patrick went to sleep at 230 and Saoirse screamed literally until 2 min ago and I'm 2 min away from the house. 

Husband will be home at 430 

I'm just exhausted 

• Options

Aww bless you Katt hopefully little one will sleep for a while when your hubby comes back so you can rest. 

Feel like  constantly chasing the hospital. Need to get in touch with the dietitian and the neonatologist to see if we can stop doing Ollies blood sugars and to see if we need to change his milk again as he's only pooping once in 3 days and they said they was going to ring us on the 6th of July and we've heard nothing. 

Ollie was on the 90th centile when I was measured at 36 weeks and now he's on the 9th but because he was a little early it doesn't really work the same apparently. Some times I feel like his nurse in the morning we have to do three lots of medication, blood sugars and prescription milk ! even though this is our normal it's still taking some sinking in to think we have a poorly baby I think I'm just having one of those days. All I want to do is cuddle him and protect him. 

• Options

Lovely name bincey he's a cutie :) 

My oh has been off work since last Monday and I use the term off loosely he's worked every single day and today has been in the dinning room working whilst I've struggled to look after a newborn and a two year old I don't know what id do without my mum she's been a rock I didnt realise how manic this would be lol haven't sat down all day 

• Options

I have to say I'm glad the boys are still at school for another week. My youngest hasn't adjusted well so it's breaking me in gently. I went for a walk today and now I can hardly walk...obviously not quite as recovered as I first thought. 

Lillian that's really bad that you have to do all the chasing. That's the last thing you want to be worrying about they should be contacting you. 

Katt hope you manage to get abit of rest (if theres such a thing) when oh gets home.

Glad Charlie is back up to birth weight, where they concerned about his drop in weight Louise? Little man has lost 9oz and mw said if he hasnt gained by Thursday he could end up back in hospital. I think we have finally mastered feeding...fingers crossed.

• Options

Hi bincey. Yes they were concerned. He lost a pound so went down to 7 pounds 9 . They kept making me see midwife every other day to weigh him and said if he lost more weight I would have to change to formula milk or go to hospital for a feeding tube but at the last minute he turned a corner and started to put a bit on. He then lost a tiny bit more but then put more back on. I'm sure your little man will start gaining soon. it took Charlie a few weeks. 

• Options

Wow that is a big loss, glad you managed to keep going with breast feeding 😊 Hopefully we're heading on the right direction. It all feels so new again x

• Options

i guess with bottle feeding you know exactly how much they are taking with breast it's really hard to judge. I know with Ollie we had to make sure he was taking so much because of his conditions but he defo wouldn't if we didn't have to "force" him. 

Ollie is 4 weeks today ! I have no idea where that times gone already but We have finally had more days at home than at hospital. 

Does anyone elses baby scratch their face ? He won't keep his mits on and his nails are going so fast! 

Hope everyone has had a good day 

• Options

Sleep suits with integrated mits...best thing ever.

Just getting sons bath ready. In the final stretch before feet can go up

• Options

Ollie just had just bath flat out before he was even fully dressed bless him. 

Yeah we've got loads of them but his arms are so long they don't fit lol but if I put a bigger size on him they are well to big 

• Options

How do everyone's day been? 

Today was my first day by myself without oh. Thankfully had mum around to help. Going to midwife check tomorrow, couldn't get into local clinic so having to travel so that's making me slightly nervous as not sure where I'm going and I'll be by myself. 

How are the pregnant ladies doing? 

• Options

Finally the boys are bathed and settled I'm absolutely shattered today has been manic. Cnt believe Charlie will be a week old tomorow it seems crazy that I should be pregnant until the 22nd and yet he's here :) 

• Options

My son is still up. I've not eaten since 12pm

I'm going to punch a wall

Thankfully Saoirse is settled

I'm sweating I'm that tired