Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2017 Babies

Replies

• Babies babies babies!! 😍😍😍

Is that everyone now??? 

Congratulations MadamBel and Becca!!!! Totally Beautiful 💞💞💞 

So many Girls. 💞.

• Thank you ever 1 so glad it's over 

• So many congratulations Beccanh12, what have you named your beautiful daughter? 

Babyboom, I believe we're awaiting an update from JasmineWills, otherwise that will be everyone! 

And don't forget, if you've not posted your birth story yet, please do - and we'll pop you a baby gift over! 

• JasmineWills, any news? We hope you're ok.

How is everyone else doing? 

• Hey everyone, how are you all doing? Anyone fancy sharing a new baby pic?

Also, if you've not entered this sponsored discussion yet, there's a few days left before it closes and there's a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs: just tell us on this thread here, the best advice you had from your folks. 

• imageMy Katie Elizabeth this morning, one week old today x 

These are from our Photoshoot last Friday. Bella Louise is 2 weeks old now xxx

• Aw babyboom she’s goregous! We’ve just had a shoot today, can’t wait to get the photos back 

• Thanks MadamBel so Is your little one! 😍 Please do post the pics when you get them back. Id love to see them xx

Question for all those Mummas that are Bottle feeding........How many Oz is your little one on? I get mixed information from the Midwifes! One says you cant over feed a Baby (im not convinced, my Bella would take 10oz if I let her I'm sure). I gave Bella 4oz when she was 5 Days old the Midwife said that was way too much (she was sick most of it after So I ignored the Midwife and cut her down to 2&half oz).  She's now 2 weeks old and I give her between 3oz-4oz Per feed. Is this too much or not enough? 

• Sleepyheads.... anyone got one? They seem to be the only one safe for overnight but are they worth it?

• I havent got a sleepyhead but was considering it as max refuses to sleep overnight anywhere other than on me or the other half but couldn't see anything about safety for them so was the same, they seemed expensive if they were no good x

• Babyboom, at 1 week old Katie is taking between 2-3oz every 4 hours. She is sick quite often too but still quite mucusy. Id say go with your gut, you’ll know what’s best. if she’s happy after a feed then I’m sure everything you’re doing is fine! 

And I wanted a sleepyhead but they’re very expensive. I’ve got a nursing pillow and let Katie sleep on there during the day if she won’t settle in her moses basket  she loves it. I Don’t feel comfortable letting her sleep on it overnight though. Apparently sleepyheads are safe for sleeping in though so my little one would probably love one but I don’t know how I feel about it 

• hey ladies. Kady is 2 weeks old and she went up to 4oz bottles on Monday.. she’s being mixed fed formula an expressed breast milk my little chunk goes 3/4 hours midwife said shes doing fine. She gained back the 4 oz of weight she lost by putting on 6oz’s 🤗💕 we have a sleepyhead not sure if it’s that great or that my little miss is just a good sleeper at the mo.

She seems to fill up during the day last feed around 11/12 at night & then wakes at 5/6am. I was worried about the amount of sleeping at first but the midwife said as she’s gaining weight and drinking enough through out the day it’s fine to let her sleep and she’ll wake when she’s hungry.. I still don’t let her go past 6 hours though as they said being this young she shouldn’t go past 6 hours without a feed xx

• image My little miss this morning 💖🤗

• Love hearing from you girls! Makes me feel so much better about things. I might up Bella to a full 4oz then. 😊

I have a Sleepyhead. They really are good I love mine but they will outgrow them quickly and then you have to buy the next size up so works out even more expensive! 

Teetee Bella Slept for 7 hours once in the night and I had to wake her up. I felt so bad. The next night she went 6 hours. I told my Midwife and she said that aslong as shes gaining weight then not to worry too much. Recently she's only been going 5 hours though so maybe It was just a one off. 

Anyones Baby have Colic? I can't work out if it's Reflux or Colic. I want to get the special milk but not sure which one she has. Aptamil do one for Colic & one for Reflux. Sometimes she cries so much and I can tell shes in pain. Horrible to watch. I've been trying Infacol but doesn't seem to do much xx When she's abit older I'm going to try Gripe Water. X

• Hello, we would love for to come and tell us, how long after the birth of your baby, did it take for you to decide on your baby's name? Please do come and tell us on this thread here. Thank you.

• Thank you for Kady’s gift! its lovely!! I’ll post A pic of her in it soon 💕

• Hey babyboom.. with my two older girls they started getting s little colicky.. so I used to use dentinox colic drops before each feed you can also put it in their milk if they don’t take it orally.. was amazing!! X

• You're so welcome teeteee.

Hi everyone, we've just started a new thread about private early pregnancy scans, and if you've had one, we would love to hear from you on this thread here. 

Also, today is your last chance to enter this sponsored discussion about advice you've had from your parents - there's a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs! That thread is here.  

• Hi everyone, how are you guys doing? And how are those babies of yours? Please do come and let us know - we'd so love to hear from you. 

We've just started a thread about birth plans - we were wondering, when you had your baby, did you have a birth plan? If you did, please do come and tell us about it on this new thread here - we'd love to hear if you stuck to it or not.