Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Babies - Part 3

Replies

• My phones not loading the conversation well at all. 

were going away this weekend, not sure whether to try j in the seat for his pram before or after. 

got j weighed today, 6.02kg / 13lb 4oz, getting a little chunky monkey. Had a bit of disaster though, there was a pin on the scale so when I put him down he just screamed and screamed because me nor the midwife realised. Was so horrible 

• Omg a pin who the hell put that there bless him there no way u could have known that 

Ollies been screaming for milk just in a instance no warning plus he didn't let you take it off him ! 17 weeks today we can officially have food but we are not going to ween him just yet 

hope everyone is safe in the storm 

• It's awful here Lillian cnt believe how windy it is I'm Dreading work the hospital actually shakes in the wind lol 😂. Think we're going to start weaning Charlie around 16 weeks he's always hungry we cnt fill him up he's literally had feeds every two hours today he's just always hungry I don't know if it's that he's growing or milk just isn't doing it for him anymore.

Dizzy were swapping Charlie's carry cot over to his seat at the weekend he doesn't like the carry cot anymore hes nosey now. I've ordered his footmuff which should be here by the weekend. He's got a head support as well so will put that in for him but his head control now is brilliant

Hope everyone is safe in the storm xxxxz

• Hello ladies, been a rubbish weekend. Little man has been poorly and I've hardly slept 😴 Had inset day today too, the wind has been really strong so we've stayed in. We are currently still going strong with the carrycot. Joseph fell asleep in his sit me up today, wokr up as soon as I took him out. He's started blowing raspberries at me. Hope works ok mummytoolly! God who puts a pin anywhere near baby scales!! 

• imageMy cheeky monkey 🐒 

• Aww he's so beautiful bincey cnt believe how much they're all changing and growing to look back when they were newborns to now the change in them is crazy lol. Charlie's been in his sit me up seat today, his piano mat and his play gym im excited for his new one to come next week I'm hoping he sleeps for his daddy tonight 

• I've ordered the piano play mat, I'm quite excited too lol. They are all growing up so quick, i love watching him learn and grow but I do miss my ickle baby xx

• Dizzy sorry to hear about that pin as well poor baby I would have been fuming and someone would have got a mouthful the hv should be cleaning it down between patients so should have seen the pin 

• That's how I feel bincey conflicted part of me misses my tiny baby he's the last one I'll ever have so I'm reluctant to let go and the other half is excited for how he's changing and how much he's developed the last few weeks. Where did you get your piano mat from bincey in the end some places want ridiculous amounts for them 

• My mum works in boots and got double discount, so she got it for me. It was £30 in the end. 

• Aww that's not to bad cnt believe it was sixty in some places how shops cn charge so much for baby things is beyond me expecially at this age when they're not used for very long. Is he enjoying his mat bincey it's funny to watch them kick the keys isn't it lol 😂 

• Hi everyone, we were wondering, when you had your baby, did you have a birth plan? If you did, please do come and tell us about it on this new thread here - we'd love to hear if you stuck to it or not. 

• Hi ladies how's everyone's day been 

• Nothing exciting here. Have been trying the dummy again. He always spits it straight out but cries as though he wants it back in. I think it may be because he is breast fed so struggles with teat

• Aww Louise have you tried both shapes of dummy ? 

Ollie has been grumpy this afternoon think his teeth are hurting him 

• Grumpy day here, Joseph woke up at 3.30 am and hasn't slept more then 2 hours all day. I'm exhausted and grumpy. Oh is doing my head in, we've hardly spoken in days.

• Charlie's struggling with his teeth as well atm but doesn't like any of his teethers I've been giving him bonjela gel and it does help.

Louise have you tried different styles of Dummies or could it be that he only associates your breast with comfort now? I don't really know much about breast feeding

I need a new bath for charlie he's sitting forward in his shnuggle bath and it's worrying me 

• We just lay ollie in the normal bath now going to get a seat soon when he's sat up better 

• Sorry to hear some of you have had a tough day. I hope the grumpy babies have gone to bed nicely xx 

Bincey sorry to hear you and OH are not really speaking. Have been arguing with my hubby too. It's just tiredness and we need to remember that things will get easier soon. It is very hard though . 

Charlie didn't want to go to bed tonight but luckily he's in now and seems quite settled. Have tried different dummies. I even found some for breast fed babies that had a different teat but still it wouldn't stay in his mouth even though I think he actually wants it. He is a very sucky baby. He can't calm himself down  unless he is sucking.

• Lol typical man Louise 😂 

Bincey sorry to hear you've had a bad day tell your oh you want pampering my oh does my head in most days atm especially when I come home and it's a pig stye

Lillian does he seem okay in the bath I don't want to buy him another seat when he will be moving into his big one eventually