Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Babies - Part 3

Replies

• Mummytoolley I put Charlie in the big bath too. He loves it as there's more room to splash. Hubby still puts him in little bath but I think Charlie prefers big one. I just hold him with one arm and bath him with the other. 

• I could try that I just don't feel confident bathing him in the large bath I'm weary of olly as well he's so clumsy at the moment I'd be worried about him falling on Charlie 

• Not a chance Patrick gets in the bath with Saoirse! We do then back to back. I use the angel care insert in the big bath. When Patrick was wee I used a bath bath but he hated it so I found a plastic bath insert from Tesco for £5 and used that in the big bath. 6-12 months I used a seat that has a ball in the middle that you get for £10 and it was great. He now has an inflatable duck bath that goes in the big bath and he loves it. 

I had a lovely day shopping with my mum and Saoirse and actually bought stuff for me! My neice and nephew are both turning 2 so had to show restraint and not buy anything for my lot.

I'm now loaded with the cold, doing a 5am feed on a day when my husband isn't coming home cause celtic have a champion league game. 

• My god this feed has turned into a poo explosion up the back and then she peed all over me and then sick! I want to cry!

• We've bathed the boys together the last few weeks and they both chat away to each other lol 😂 it's cute. Got Charlie a angelcare seat to see if he's better in it will sell the shnuggle bath after it cost me a fortune. We've got one of the big seats with the ball on the front for when Charlie's bigger.

Sorry to hear about the pooh explosion chick hope you both managed to grab a bit more sleep 

Just finished my last night until sat thank God I'm ready for a few days off 

• Thank you ladies, I just don't want to be around him st the moment. He used to be so hands on and now I am doing everything! Joseph had a much better evening once settled. Hope your all ok xx

• Hi everyone, we were hoping you would tell us, did you receive a 'push present' for having your baby? If you did, please come and tell us what you got, on this thread here. 

• Bincey I don't think men are great at the newborn stage. My hubby isn't keen on holding charlie as babies don't really do much as he sees it. How was your hubby with the older children when they were little? My hubby is great when they get a bit older but isn't very helpful at this stage. Have you tried asking him about it? 

Charlie being good today.we went out for coffee with my friend  this morning and he was really happy and smiley. Now he has had a long sleep on me which is nice as I've managed to relax and watch some television. I'm watching loose women at the moment. I felt bad earlier though as he was asleep in his car seat when I got back from  going out for coffee so I went upstairs and made some beds then I suddenly realised he was crying and I think he'd been crying for awhile because he looked in a bit of a state. I felt really bad for leaving him. I thought I would be able to hear him as soon as he started to cry.  

• Aww I'm glad you've had a good day and managed to chill abit. It's horrible when there crying but doesn't do them any harm.

He has always been super hands on with all 3, he does like it where there bigger and can do things. Him and the eldest are like 2 peas in the  pod, which is lovely. But all of a sudden he doesn't seem interested. I will try and talk to him again, he just gets super defensive xxx

• ollie is really dribbling he gets through like 10 bibs a day ! Is anyone elses baby like this ? 

• Lillian it'll be the teething olly user to soak his bibs clothes we went through a few clothes in a day Charlie hasn't started drooling yet but he's always eating his hands and his gums are hard. 

Louise glad you managed a few hours out and Charlie was a good boy for you don't feel bad about him crying sometimes you have to leave them crying or you'd never get anything done

Bincey do you think your oh is feeling overwhelmed? 

• louise don't feel bad anything like Ollie he goes from nothing to screaming in minutes and he can make himself look in a right state very quickly, also I must ask has Charlie got a lump on his leg from  jabs ? Ollies got like a 10p size lump on his too of his leg and it's not really gone down 

• Thanks everyone. I felt so guilty. 

Lillian no Charlie has no lumps. I would get your nurse to check just to be on safe side but I'm sure it's ok. 

• I've heard some babies do get lumps after chick I would ring your hv and ask them to look at it for you poor babies all these jabs. Louise don't bear yourself up chick you didn't hear him xxx 

Charlies asleep atm but for how long who knows 

• A lump is common if it's the men b. Try a cold compress to help.

Been up since Saoirse's first feed at 450 and bed does not seem in sight 

• joseph had a lump after his 2nd lot of jabs. I had Drs today and she thinks he probably doesn't know how/what to say and do because I've not been well. 

I also have a dribbler, it's so funny watching him try and fit his whole fist in his mouth 😂

• Aww bless you it's so funny when Ollie does it until he gags lol ! 

He giggled for the first time today 😍

• It's the cutest thing ever when they giggle 😍

• Hope you managed to get to bed Katt the days seem so much longer with early starts. I've just done Charlie's second feed of the night he isn't going longer than three hours still and he's on 7oz now we had to up it because he was constantly hungry. The oh hasn't woken up once think he feels when I'm off i should be doing the night feeds

Bincey did you speak to your oh? 

• Do you think you might start to wean him soon mummytoolley? I think I managed to get to about 5 months with my last one. 

i dyed my hair last night and i dont like it 😞