Forum home Babies Baby

October 2017 Babies

Replies

• Hey everyone, how are you all doing with those babies? Anyone fancy posting some new pics? 

• image this little guys 4weeks old and now is 9lbs 5oz, been a bit of a stressful 4 weeks though first my c section wound was infected then I had an abscess at the bottom of my spin had to go in to hospital was put to sleep to undergo an operation to have it cut out and drained so ive had nurses in everyday  the last 2 weeks dressing my wound as it' open, but now I've woken up today once again to my c section wound infected feel like I'm going round in circles been on antibiotics for the last 3 weeks now ill be on them even longer x

• Babimama that sounds awful. This motherhood business is a lot harder than I ever expected. I'e got to have physio and an MRI on my back after the epidurals and spinals. Fortunately my wound has healed perfectly so im very lucky there.

My Harry has had a hard start. After weeks of taking him to the doctors and hospital and him bringing up almost all his feeds and crying day and night for days we now know he has silent reflux. Its amazing hes been on lactose free formula with thickened and Gaviscon for nearly 48hrs and he' a different baby. Hoping this is the turning point where things start to settle down. Last night I actually got about 4/5 hours sleep.

imageimageimage

• My first c section was a breeze comparpared to this one, just hoping for a turning point soon as I really don' want to be put back into hospital when I've got two babies at home, 

Aww georgie88 that's a shame my first was the same wouldn't  keep his feeds down he was very mucusy so had to change his milk but my seconds been fine touch wood, but hopefully that's your little guy on the right road and you get some sleep nothing worse than being knackered with an unsettled and not well baby x

• Babimama I really hope it gets better soon. I will have everything crossed for you.

You are right nothing worse than tiredness and constant crying. I just sat and cried the other day on the floor cuddling him. He was clearly so uncomfortable and hadn' slept for over 12 hrs for more than 10 minutes. I'e never been so tired. Luckily that was the day we got a good GP and doctor at the hospital. Nobody can survive days with no sleep. How you cope with two children amazes me x

• Recovering well here, bubba still is confused about night and day however much to mummies annoyance. Tummy still a little sore from c section though and I swear there are some tooth buds there already.  Little man is 19 days old nowimage

• I was thinking of staying 1 year at home with my LO, I want to spend as much time as I can with him .

I’m recovering pretty well, not bleeding anymore but have some yellow mucousy discharge, did any of you get that?! Is it normal?!

Andre is having problems passing gas in the night so he’s not settling and he only finds comfort in breastfeeding which is tiring and painful. 

I got him some drops and a dummie so hopefully they’ll help.

imageimageimageimage

Here we are at the photo session and with his older cousin 😍

• Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time recovering ladies I hope you're both better soon! And glad to hear that Harry is doing better now you've changed his milk Georgie - fingers crossed you can both catch up on sleep now!

Grisinutza I love the photos! It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since we had Luke's newborn shoot so I'm getting impatient now! Luke has also been uncomfortable with wind although he's been better the past couple of days. I agree though - breastfeeding as a comfort is painful! I've had a good few tugs on the nipple while he squirms in pain. Breaks my heart to see him like that though :( we've been using infacol. 

Other than that we are doing good! A breastfeeding support woman came to see us today to make sure we were feeding ok as I'm still in pain but she said we are doing everything right so I suppose we just have to ride out the pain in the hopes it well get easier soon! Feeling pretty sad that hubby is back to work on Monday wondering how I will manage on my own but he's got another week off in a couple of weeks so will have that to look forward to I suppose. I'm going to be off work until the end of July ish next year and then going back 3 days instead of 5. Have put so much into my job for the past 8 years so I figure I deserve some time out to raise our family!

• And some photos! We've yet to get a decent photo of the 3 of us!

Here us with the pramimage always sucks his thumb after bath it's too cute imageimageimageimage

I'm clearly going to be one of those annoying mums like "look at my wee boy!" Pulling photos out wherever I go 😂

• imageimage

Some more pictures of my gorgeous boy, Sam. It's rare to catch him with his eyes open, although he is starting to spend more time awake (and not just when he wants food!) He is thriving,  thankfully. 

I dried my hair for the first time in weeks and put on some new (very large!) clothes yesterday. It made me feel so much more like a normal human being.

I'm thankful my stitches are healing up and now just experiencing pain from my PGP/SPD where my pelvis is going back together. Hoping to get some physio to help with that. 

• Your photos are all so adorable it's great to see all our wee babies 😍

Grisinutza i had the yellow discharge aswell from my stitches I've had nothing but hassle with them! thankfully I think that's them healing now 

Memza I'm patiently waiting on my newborn pics aswell, im on the 2nd week another 2 to go! wish she would just pop up with them early 😂

Melona i managed to wash my hair today and dry it aswell! its amazing when you accomplish a wee thing like that, makes you feel like a new woman! 

heres some pics of Finn! Really need to start taking some with him aswell 

imageimageimage

• What gorgeous babies we all have! 😍 

Jodie I actually just emailed my photographer with the whole "don't mean to be a pest" haha so we shall see!

We are heading to Asda soon only need a couple of things really but can't resist going anywhere that has baby clothes! We were really lucky we got loads of gifts for Luke but also a chunky of money and vouchers which is handy as money will be tight so good to know wee man won't have to suffer his fashion just me and hubby who will be walking around like minks 😂 Hubby says the money is burning a hole in my pocket though coz everything I see I'm like aw I love this! 

Are you ladies still bleeding? I thought I'd stopped but t appeared again last night 😒Be nice to eventually feel like I'm not wearing a nappy like Luke 🙃 I feel like I could have shares in maternity & breast pads with the amount I've gone through!

Hope you all have lovely Saturdays! Xxx

• Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday 

sorry to hear some are having a hard time recovering.  I had a few grazes after Charlie but they healed up in 2 weeks and the bleeding stopped at the same time.  The recovery after this birth is a dream compared to my first which was a 3rd degree tear that took ages to heal.

Charlie is starting to get into a better night time routine on Wednesday night he slept from 10-7 which shocked me when I looked at the time and the past 2 nights it's been from 10-5.

I went out with Charlie the other day to start his Christmas shopping but ended up buying a load clothes which are too cute to wrap lol also got his Christmas jumper.  We're going to see santa in 3 weeks so it will be lovely.  I've got nearly all My Christmas shopping done just the kids to do and December I can relax.  

my other half is leaving for 2 days to go to Edinburgh for Agri-scot this week don't know how I'm going to do the morning school run as i only lift Harry after school because the mornings are hectic and I just manage to get my hair done before Charlie wakes up.

imageimage 

• imageimageimage  5 & half weeks old now! Austin is changing so much. Is it just me or does anyone else just sit & stare at the cuteness lol. I'm feeling lots better & more human after c section. Even got out & about this week & met some other local mums. We're going to try & meet up occasionally with the babies & maybe arrange some nights out for us.  

We've still got lots of visitors coming & must have over 60 cards/g it's overwhelming. I didn't buy a single item of clothing except a few neutral bits which were too small & his wardrobe is full of outfits, blankets, sleeping bags, toys. He's been so spoilt. 

yesterday while my husband was at work I left him with my mum for a couple of hours & wandered round the shops & treat myself to a few new winter clothes etc. It was lovely even though I couldn't concentrate properly for worrying how he was doing. 😂

Hope u are all well what gorgeous babies 💓💙 xx

• Hi ladies , how gorgeous and cute are our babies . I also cant help sitting and stareing at bubs , hes so cute . I cant belive i grew our gorgeous little man in my belly .

Little man is doing really well now after his jaundice which he needed treatment for, and hes put all his weight back on an extra , hes now weighing 10 ld . Weve just had to change his milk as hes got abit of reflux, which seems to be helping .

Were slowly getting into a routen but have found the school run hard and getting back into driving also.

Hes such a cutie , hes just started smiling with us . 

Our little xander , 1 month old today . 

Hope everyones well xx

• Hi mums, cute babies y'all. I think we have more boys than girls in October.

I need to ask a question, probably tmi. is the brown discharge after bleeding supposed to be super smelly? 

• Don't think so I'd get it checked if I were u.

Has anyone else's babies refused tummy time? Mine turns himself on his back if I put him ON his front. His 3 weeks old

• Kiki, that's amazing he's flipping over! My kids hated tummy time so much and would face plant the play matt every time! 

• Alright, I better get checked, thanks kick

• Hello! Would you like to come and share the first photo ever taken of your baby with us? We'd love to see the first picture, ever taken of your baby, and for you to tell us if you remember how you were feeling at the time. Please do come and post them, over on this thread here.