Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

October 2017 Babies

Replies

• Hi everyone, we wanted to ask you if you’ve bagged any bargains this Cyber shopping weekend? If you have, please do come and tell us on this thread. We’d love to know what you’ve bought!

We also wanted to let you know about this amazing competition we have to win this gorgeous Egg pushchair worth around £700. To enter, just follow MadeForMums on Instagram, and leave a comment on this Egg Stroller post. Good luck! 

• Hi hope your all well . Just had xanders 6 week check and hes reachin all his milestones he should at this age . Hes gettin a big boy weighing 11 ld 4 oz and startin to fit into 3-6 month old clothes already . Since changin his milk , his reflux is a lot better but hes now constipated so just had him to the doctor whos prescribed him lactulose so hopefully this should help .

Thankyou very much daniellemfm for his little gift . Its lovely .

Hope all mummys and babies are well xx

hi ladies hope you are all well, i haven't really posted since having Jesse, getting into the routine of having a second child to look after mixed with all doctors and hospital appointments had been a challenge! Not to mention the endless visitors 

Jesse will be 10 weeks old tomorrow I don't no where the time has gone!! He has a nurse come to the house every week for blood pressure checks he managed to come off his meds but after His injections Monday his blood pressure shot back up again so he's back on meds, the new medicine is making him very grumpy side effects is headache and flushed cheeks and struggle to get to sleep 😢 

He loves his milk he's a very hungry boy, he weighs 10lb 8oz now and is very chubby ☺️ 

Hope your babies are all doing well xx

• Chamilto, we've dropped you a PM. 

• Hi everyone, how are you all doing? We would so love to hear from you, and hear how those babies are treating you.

While we are here, we were wondering if you would come and tell us, how many weeks pregnant were you when you bought your buggy? Please do come and tell us on this new thread here.  

• Hi everyone! Sammy is 5 weeks old now and we seem to have established a night routine over the past fortnight. We are so lucky with him - he grumbles when he's hungry or if he wants cuddles or burping and that's it.

It's amazing hearing him gurgle and coo now, as well as seeing his little smiles (even though I know it's just wind!)

We start baby sensory classes tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it as, when he's awake, he is really interested in what's around him. 

Hope you and your babies are all doing well :)

• So lovely to hear from you Melona, sounds like things are really going well. you never know, one of those windy faces might have been a proper smile - do show us a pic if you manage to catch it on camera,

How are all the other mums here doing? Are you all ok and managing to stay warm? 

• We're looking for testers for our MadeForMums Awards 2018! If you'd like to find out more, read all about it on this thread here. Good luck! 

• Hi ladies! 

Danielle thank you for the lovely gift that was very kind :)

Luke is 7 weeks old today and I just don't know where the time has gone I wish it would slow down! He's totally chunked up now - he weighed 11lb 2oz last Tuesday, and is starting to show his little personality now. We've had lots of smiles! Unfortunately he has been becoming increasingly unsettled during the day and it's a case of trial and error just now. We are trying infant gaviscon for his reflux and I've been breastfeeding exclusively having cut out his one bottle per day of formula a week ago, so the next step will be trying a different medication or cutting dairy from my diet which I imagine won't be fun but anything that keeps the wee man happy! 

I'd really hoped to start baby sensory a few weeks ago but as he's been so unsettled I figured it would be a waste of money and time just now. Fingers crossed we will get this sorted and can start in the new year. We are also booked in for baby massage starting January. 

I feel like we are getting into a bit of a routine now with hubby back at work although I do struggle with lack of time to do things especially with Luke being unsettled and napping less. It's a case of do I clean the bathroom or do I have a shower! The upside to this is that he's been sleeping for solid chunks during the night, sometimes only waking to be changed or have a very quick feed then straight back down. 

Chamilto I'm glad to hear Jesse is doing well and that they are continuing to monitor his BP. Hope you're managing ok!

Melona it's lovely to see little smiles isn't it? It's not too early! Luke smiled at 4 weeks and I knew it wasn't wind because it was completely different. I cried! Haha. Let us know how you get on with baby sensory!

How is everyone else doing? 

Here are a few recent photos of my beautiful boy

imageimageimageimage

• Hi everyone! 

Its lovely to see all your updates, makes me feel sane when you can speak to people in the same boat as you haha.

Finn is 7 weeks too and he's getting a wee personality! He has his good days and bad days, mostly it's because I spoil him with the cuddles and holding him (my partner tells me off for this). Some nights he'll sleep for up to 6 hours which made me feel like a new woman the morning after 😂 But other nights he just won't settle in his cot and Ill be so desperate for a snooze that he'll sleep on my chest which I know is a big no no. 

Im hoping to get him into a baby sensory class too, but every class in Glasgow has a long waiting list! I think Finn will be starting high school by the time I get accepted into one haha

im still breastfeeding which I do thank all of you for, when I had so much negativity from the MIL you all really supported me and I honestly just want to say how much I appreciate It! it's amazing to hear that hes now a 10 pound wee chunk and ive done that myself. i think my only issue is that my supply seems to be too much as I'm constantly waking up in the morning all soggy, and that's with two nipple pads in each cup 😂

Its nuts to think how much of your day flys by and how much time I had before he was here. i remember saying I'd get right back into the gym and still do my hair and make up before he was here but like you Memza as soon as he's asleep I'm either choosing to sleep or eat or do a vital bit of housework haha. 

I hope everyone and their little miracles are doing good! 

Heres some pics of my wee guy 

imageimageimageimage

• My little one is a wee angry man. His very frustrated with the world. He wants to crawl and sit up but he cant so he gets very upset about it. His although teething which obviously makes him very upset. Still feeds every three hrs and I have been combi feeding as he refused to latch for more than 10 seconds without having a major hissy fit, however I am struggling to find time to pump what with appointments, working and looking after baby so my supply is drying up fast so I can't see me lasting much longer tbh. I had hoped to last a few mths so that makes me a little sad but on the other hand it's quite nice to not be in pain all the time and to gain back those few hrs. I've even managed a night away and a couple hrs to the cinema which has done me the world of good. (Good Ol hubby). Looking forward to his 1st xmas. We r with both sets of grandparents this yr and his big sister and all his uncle's (stepdaughter doesn't live with us so we have alternate yrs) so it should be a lovely day. Can't wait to put him in his Xmas outfit!

• Hi Girls! 

So nice to hear how well everyone’s getting on and settling in to mummy life. All your pictures are gorgeous, yous have some very cute babies ☺️ 

Sophia is 6 weeks today, I can’t quite believe she’s been here for 6 weeks although I can’t remember what I did all day without her either. 

She was a very very big baby weighing 11lb 7 when she was born 😂 I’m only 5‘3” so it’s no wonder I moaned so much when I was pregnant. The health visitor was out on Thursday and Sophia weighed 12lb 2 at nearly 6 weeks. So she’s being “closely monitored“ because she’s not yet put on a pound from her birth weight. I was being treated for maternal sepsis after she was born and she was on antibiotics as a precaution which made her a wee bit poorly and loose a bit of weight. She takes 5 oz every feed every 3 hours so I’m not sure what else I’m supposed to do for her to put on weight other than give her protein in her milk 😂 

We’re very lucky and she’s been sleeping through the night from 5 days old. Hats off to all of you who survive on no sleep! Im dying to take her to some baby classes but the waiting lists on them are crazy too! 

I‘ve told myself I’ll go back to the gym in january but we’ll see... 

Heres a few recent pictures of Sophia! 

Hope you guys all have a fab christmas! Can’t wait for our 1st a family of 3

• Hi everyone 

Charlie will be 9 weeks tomorrow he had his first injections last week and was a little unsettled after.  He's now up to 11lb but his weight is behind his length due to the reflux which has gotten a lot worse.  It used to be a dribble now it's like a volcano.  We are putting carobel in his bottles to thicken them and it seems to be working but he's on fortnightly checks for the foreseeable to keep on top of it.

Charlie's older brother was on solids at this age and I know solids would help with his reflux but I'm going to hold out to his 16 week check up because if it isn't improved he will be referred to hospital.

We went to see santa yesterday and it was lovely even tho I was worried he would throw up on him lol the other half has surprised me with a night away this weekend, I'm worried about leaving Charlie because of his reflux but I sort of need to get away to recharge my batteries for  a night

He is sleeping in 6 hour blocks which is surprising even tho he his being sick so often so he must be keeping something down.

• Hey everyon! It’s great to hear from you guys again, it’s been a while, it’s good to know we all going through similar things, baby Andre will be 8 weeks on Thursday and has grown so much.

He’s now 12.78lb and 57 cm.

We have good days and not so good ones. We had a couple of weeks with colic but that has improved now, and we moved on to vomiting. He wasn’t doing it at al in the begging but now he does it after every feed and not necessarily immediately after so it can be a surprise projectile one! Sometimes he does it when he strains really badly for a poo.... we have our 8 weeks check on the 14th of December and i’ll ask what’s going on. I’ve always blamed it on the fact that he’s very greedy when he eats (exclusively breastfeeding) and gulps a lot of air in! Plus he needs to learn that when he chockes he can breath through his nose as well because we had quite a few times when I thought he’s going to turn blue and and not breath at all. 

Sometimes he sleeps 4-5 hours at once in the night, sometimes he wakes up every 2 hours, depending on how gasy he is I think. 

My parents were here for 2 weeks from Romania and that was great, had a clean tidy house and nice food, was heart breaking when they left for me and them but i’ll see them soon hopefully. 

Couldn’t plan to go to any baby groups as h wasn’t very settled and cried a lot but we go out for walkies almost every day, we tried the carrier and he loves it We can’t go anywhere inside though as he’s getting too hot and starts crying. 

Here are some recent photos with the little chunk 😍😍imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Wanderer88Wanderer88 Regular
    edited Aug 20, 2020 7:50AM

Post withdrawn by MFM HQ at poster’s request

• Hi Everyone.

It has been a rollercoaster ride. Aayla is now 8 weeks old. Had her first jab. It was very sad. 

She is now 8lbs 8oz. She was born 6lb 10 Oz

• Aayla newborn shot

• Hi all  love the pictures. Harry is 9 weeks tomorrow and 10lbs 7oz. He's finally a chunky boy. 

We have had a rough time with reflux. KDaisy it' awful and I feel for you. Harry was so unsettled crying so much it was heart breaking. He is now on Ranitidine and gaviscon and has thickened milk. He' a lot more settled but got used to being upright and held so putting him down is still a challenge at night. He's only little so I'm ignoring all the 'your spoiling him' comments. Crying for a cuddle at 9wks is not a silly reason to cry and I don't let him cry. 

We have been doing more. Not gone to any groups because I fear him screaming. But he' been really good when people visit the last week. We go out everyday. More for me. Even if it' just to the shops. 

He loves to play, is great at holding himself up. He is the most perfect little thing and although life is harder it's also easier because other things don' matter as much now 😍imageimageimage

• hi all, I was wondering if your lo's have a day time routine or something like a routine. My baby will feed every two hours at night but in the day there is no pattern, sometimes he'll sleep for a few mins then want to eat and others he won't eat for a few hours. He has started only eating little amounts in the day which is leading to me getting blocked milk ducts and him having a foremilk/hindmilk inbalance and hobbike green poops. 

Im really struggling with getting him to sleep at all in the day and he just wants to be in my arms the whole time. Im feeling really low at the moment as I desperately need at least one daytime nap which I am not able to get as I have such little sleep at night. 

Ethan is six and a half weeks now. Any advice would be amazing, thanks.

• hi everyone jace is well now 8 weeks old not getting much smiles from him though he loves his food he was 7,6lbs and now is a massive 12lbs 14oz hes a chunky bum image