Forum home Babies Baby

October 2017 Babies

Replies

• I live in Northern Ireland and we have checks at 6, 8 and 16 weeks then 6, 9 months and then it goes to yearly.  

We get a red book at the hospital which holds all their health info to they go to school and then the nurse takes over.

• Thanks very much ladies I’ll try a muslin and some light up toys see if that gets him interested! 

Memza finn is the exact same he just wants to chew his hand constantly, the only thing he wants to grab onto is my hair and then he keeps ahold of it in a mad death grip 😂 

This was him today at baby sensory 

imageimageimage

• That's so funny Luke was in the ball pool for  now first time today at baby sensory! He got adgy padgy though he's hating lying half up he either wants to lie flat on a mat or completely sit up. He's so determined to sit up on his own but hasn't quit mastered neck control yet! He's also been grabbing my hair my hairs been falling out more too I think 😟 

• does anyone have any tips on getting their baby to nap through the day? 

Sophia is so good at night and sleeps 10-12 hours but during the day she will not settle for a nap. She used to sleep in the car but she’s far too nosey now and is wide awake the full time. The only way I can get her to sleep through the day is in my arms and she wakes up if I put her down.

It’s cute and I know there will come a time when she won’t want to sleep in my arms but it would be nice to be able to get a washing done or tidy up while she sleeps. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks x 

• Hello! We wanted to ask you, is your baby able to hold their head up on their own? And if they are, at how many weeks did they manage it? Please do come and tell us on this new thread here - we would love to know.

• image hi jace st I'll hasntg got good head control he' still a little like a wobbly head dog, as you can see he loves his jumperoo but I have to put something at the back of him to support his head, he will be 16weeks this week so I'm not to worried aboutg it x

• Charlie is still wobbly with his head and neck control but he can sit up with support.

Charlie was at the doctors this morning because his reflux has become out of control and the doctor prescribed Ranitidine and to keep giving carobel but if this doesnt improve by tomorrow he has to go to hospital directly into the children’s ward.  The new stuff seems to be working so far but im dreading giving him a thinner bottle in the morning to test his stomach.

but other than that he’s a very happy baby and he sleeps 12 hours at night now he did have a cold but he tackled it like a champ.

• KDaisy Ranitidine was like magic for Harry. He is on 0.4ml, he has one gaviscon sachet and half a spoon of carobel in his bottles and it seems to be ok. The ranitidine worked for us within 2 days so good luck. Reflux is horrible.

Harry has great head control. He is not floppy anymore. He keeps trying to lift his head up of the floor when laying on his back. Quite cute he just flops back. I have to try keep him of his legs because he just wants to stand up  the little fidget does not sit stillimageimage

Harry has a viral infection and with reflux I thought I was used to sick. But today it was coming from his nose and mouth! 

Can' believe it' been 4 months. I love being with Harry so much. I never want to leave him lol. He now loves the bath and properly slashes about 

Hope everyone is well x

• Thanks Georgie I have Charlie on 0.6ml and I noticed a change right away he’s still bringing up a mouthful or two but not projectile his bottles are that thick I could near spoon feed them to him, he got roughly weighed and he’s 8kg dressed but I reckon more like 7kg naked.  

The nicest thing was being able to lie him down on his tummy and him not be sick and face plant it.

Charlie loves the bath I use the angel are support and when he’s finished in it I let him splash about it really tires him out for a morning nap.

• Harry still brings up some but like you say not projectile. He' is so much happier since he has been on it. 

Keep an eye on Charlie's weight. I worked out it is 0.1ml roughly every 3/4lbs they put on. My GP is good I just call tell then his weight every month and they work it out  Harry Weights 14lbs 9ozs. 

• Hope you're all well ladies! I feel like time is flying by it's scary I keep having dreams about being back at work😟Or should I say nightmares! Luke has his 4 month review/weaning visit with health visitor tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous! He's getting such a cheeky little personality now smiling lots we even got a little laugh the other day although he hasn't repeated it since! We have such a lovely bond and I feel like he's just so squishy I want to eat him haha. Amazing how much love grows so quickly!

• Memza im the exact same! keep waking up in cold sweats thinking about the seperation anxiety I’ll be having 😂

i can honestly say finn is glued to me and I love it. I mean some days its really tiring not going to lie but awk I could just hold him and kiss his face all day if he let me! 

I think it’s also the fact that when I go back to work I won’t be able to breastfeed anymore which I am really enjoying just now. 

I cant believe 4 months ago I was checking this everyday, green with envy at all the other mums going into labour! I get a wee bit emotional when I look at old photos of Finn being a wee tiny baby, all he wanted to do is sleep on my chest and now he’s too nosey and wants to scrabble away to see what’s over my shoulder 😂 hahaha

• Hi All

How is leap 4?

Aayla been giggling n wake up on the night n harder to put her in her bed.

• Hi Kitara 

Harry (touch wood) is still sleeping through the night. Sometimes I have a fight to get him to sleep during the day. He is far to interested in what' going on. However he needs his naps or he is so grumpy. 

I am dreading going back to work. I keep putting back my return date and convincing myself there is no point going back full time because I will be spending the money on childcare. I think I'll only go back 3 days a week. My partner works 4 days. So Harry will only be without one of us 2 days a week. 

If I could afford to stay home and not got back to work I wouldn't. I never thought I was the type of person to want to be a stay at home mum, but everyday with him is so precious. 

• Aw definitely, people say "you will be glad etc back to work it's a bit of time away and a proper routine" I'm like no I will just stay home with him til he moves out ok 😁 My plan is to go back 3 days not sure how many hours yet but will be as little as we can afford for me to work. I just feel like I've put everything into my job for the past 8 years and now is the time for me to be a mummy to Luke, everything else takes a back seat and work is just really a money maker!

Hubby was showing me photos of tiny Luke from hospital the other day and it was making me feel so emotional! Also been packing away his too all clothes and was holding back the tears😟 I suppose this is motherhood, time is so precious with our little ones you just have to cherish every second as it comes and take plenty of photos and videos. I keep swithering about whether to have Luke's hand and foot cast as it's £100 but before I know it he won't be so small so I think we will have it done. Already have my handonheart necklace with his handprint & footprint on it which I love.

Aw Jodie Luke is so nosey! I had to switch the telly off a couple of weeks ago when he was feeding coz he kept coming off the boob to turn round and watch it😂 I'm definitely going to be the annoying overly affectionate mum I kiss him at least 100 times a day 😂🙈 hubby was like you're proper in his face he maybe wants space I was like no he loves me😁 He is so tactile just now as well was trying to eat my face the other day and its funny I put toys in his hand and he drops then after a few minutes he lets go but he grabs my hair/mouth/nipple(ouch!) and holds on for dear life! He accidentally blew a raspberry the other day and has desperately been trying to do it again since bless him😬☺️❤️

• hi ladies not posted for a while but been reading keeping up with you all , i hope your all well . how gorgeous are all our babies and growing fast . 

xander in 4 months old today , and just rolled over twice . such a proud mummy . hes growing so fast , hes now in 6-9 month old clothes and last time he was weighed he was 17 ld 11 oz  so will be getting him weighed again tomorrow . hes so cheeky , his little personality is starting to really show now , we love him so much .

• Hi ladies 

I had the health visitor out and somehow Charlie is a bit overweight so she wants to keep and eye on it he weights 18lb and is on the 91st centile for weight and 50th for length.  

We have started weaning but only just chewing on Farley rusks as I want to baby lead wean but I still might start him on puréed vegetables in about 2 weeks as he is happy on formula atm and he pushes most of the food out.

Charlies not very mobile atm hes trying to roll but just gives up and hates tummy time but he can hold his up to watch tv.  He’s starting to get a wee personality and blowing raspberries but he’s very vocal.image 

I’m planning on going back to work 1st week of July but I’m only going back for 2 12 hour shifts and rotation sundays which will cut down on childcare.  We’re trying for number 3 atm so that could change.

• Hi KDaisy Charlie is beautiful. 

Can I ask does he just chew on the rusks? I am thinking maybe Harry might like some food. I am going to ask the health visitor. He can sit up for quite long periods now. He rolls over (usually by mistake). So funny when he sits up. It' like he's on a seesaw he rolls back and forth until he does it. He can be a bit lazy though. I but things just out of reach and he will use his legs to get them and then left his legs up and take with his hands! 

He so funny and a happy little boy. I am taking him to soft play today. There is a baby one near us  I don't think he'll do much. But it' free for under 1s and I think he'll like just watching. It' amazing how much they have changed  I took Harry for a walk in the pram yesterday and he barely fits in it! imageimageimage

The second picture was when he was 3 weeks old :-) he's so big now. He loves high chairs.

Hope everyone is well x

• iv also started to ween . he had pureed foods and hes happy with that.  they health visitor also told me lil man was over weight, but iv ignored her as he is not fat he is long an stocky , plus once they start to move they start to loose it anyways m its just some guide line the have to follow . our babies are happy, healthy and thats the main thing x