Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

October 2017 Babies

Replies

• Out of curiosity. How come you guys start weaning early?

• Not started weening yet but I am excited to do it! Ive seen people recommend the annabella karmel cook book on how to make up things. 

To be honest finn seems content with the boob at the moment so might try and leave it as long as I can 😂 he even has spaced out his feeds, it used to be every 2 hours and it would be for like 45 mins! But now I can sometimes get 4 and a half hours out him before he wants a feed. He still gets up during the night but not as much as when he was a newborn, think id be a zombie if he did! 

He loves his jumperoo and his mat, its great because I can actually get things done now that he can amuse himself. Also it tires him out after a while which is a mega mega plus!  

heres some Photos of wee Finn 💙

imageimageimage

Also did anyone else get a Valentine’s suprise from their little one? think it’s the cutest thing my other half has ever done hahaha hes not usually the type! 

• I went for weaning talk by HV. Excited to try it. But will wait for her to be 22 weeks go start slowly. image

• I tried Charlie on sweet potato and surprising he seemed to like it I puréed 2 potatoes and got enough for about 2 weeks lol going to try squash next week.

Charlie does look out of proportion he is massive all over he had bloods done last week and they had to take it from his foot as his arms were too chubby but one thing is if he gets sick at least he has something to fall back on.

Hes on 5 bottles a day but we’re still in on 3 hour feeds but he’s sleeping 13 hours at night with 2 day time naps he hates sleeping in the car and seems to like to fall asleep by himself but I always get a sleepy cuddle before bed.

• I just tried Harry on a rusk.  He was not amused lol. Think I will leave weaning for a while. Harry is on 5 bottles to. He has two 6ozs (before bed and in the morning) and 3 5ozs during the day. Harry sleeps usually from 10pm until 8am then has a bottle and back to sleep until 10/11am sometimes later. He is a lazy boy. He fights naps sometimes during the day. But he usually has a long nap in the afternoon which I don't  mind. I can get more done in 3 hours than in 30minutes. He is such a happy chap and today he loved the soft play today  mainly the big mirrors and the ball pit. I recommend it' free for under 1s. I did however get the Milton wipes on everything lol. image

• for me personally were not weeing early , i have a 14 year old and 8 year old so im still in the old way off doing things and its normal way for me if you get me , plus hes on 5 bottles aday at 8 - 9 oz a time and was still wanting more plus showing the signs he was ready to try . i did talk to the health visitor before hand tho , she wasnt keen an at the end sed i no my child best.  his reflux as also improved to so has his constipation so for my little man its has benifitted him and he does seem more content too x

• Animal84 can I ask does he keep down 8/9ozs. Harry has reflux and throws up quite a bit when he has a 6oz. I feel he is hungry though, hence why I considered weaning. We have to thicken his water. He really struggles to keep liquids down. 

• Hello ladies! so nice to see your little ones pictures, they grow soo fast!! I was also looking at pictures since he was a new born and got all emotional. Andre was 4 months on the 12th of October and he’s a litt chunk. Need to get him weighed as I don’t know how heavy he is but I can definitely feel it on my back! He is a cheeky little boy and has me wrapped around his little finger as I can resist him and hold him most of the time! He is such a happy baby and gives us the cutest chuckles, me and his dad are melting. He is very good at giving proper hugs and cuddles. He is trying to grab things but droppes them after a few seconds, it depends what it is, sometimes he can hold them for longer and puts them in his mouth. He hasn’t rolled over yet but he does sit up and manages to stay there for quite a bit without help. Feeding wise we’re stil exclusively breastfeeding but he keeps waking up almost every hour sometimes so I tried to give him a bottle before sleep. I felt very guilty in the beginning and I had a little cry but then I thought I can’t continue like that as I am very very tired so tried again next night and guess what?! He wouldn’t take it! Kept gagging and pushing it away and even started crying so I don’t know what to do... 

we are going to a singing group and he absolutely loves it, we tried baby massage as well but he wasn’t very keen on it, it’s good it was only for 3 weeks. The soft play looks nice, i’ll check if there’s something like that in Sheffield as well. I’ve been meaning to take him swimming but he’s been poorly a couple of times and I was scared i’m only going to make it worse. 

Here are some recent pictures 😍

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Hi grisinutza

I am also exclusively breast feed but give bottle at night with expressed breast milk. As she previously had tongue tie. I keep expressing so I have some spare when days she get fussy. 

Sometimes she does not want bottle and want breast and another time vice versa. 

Next week we are starting sling swing and continue sing and sign. Week after will start swimming. 

Aayla only manage to roll twice and has not roll again. Can't wait to get out of leap 4. I co sleep during day time nap if not she won't sleep. 

• hi georgie88 . he does yes . he kept very little down till we swapped his milk to aptmals relux milk he was still bringing some back but very little , now weve started to ween hes hardly bringing any back . little mans been the same with liquids . 

• Hi there. Can I just ask who has started to wean and at what age you did so? Also, how did you know it was the right time? 

Sam will be 4 months on the 26th and I think he is showing signs of being ready for a bit of baby rice but I'm not sure. 

• Charlie is 19 weeks he’s not eating very much about 2 teaspoons per feed he gets sweet potato twice a day going to move him onto squash tomorrow.  I recommend introducing a new food every 3-4 days so you can pick up an allergy quickly.

so far so good Charlie seems to like spoon feeding he seems to always want more but I don’t want to push him with his reflux.

i just decided to try and wean him just to see how he would get on and so far so good.  

Try orange vegetables first as they are sweeter and they are more likely to eat them over green vegetables.  I’m not going to try fruit for another few weeks as it can upset their tummies and cause exploding nappies lol 

• Hi everyone, did you know we're on Instagram? And to kick off our season of AMAZING Instagram giveaways (More buggies! Baby equipment! Loads of stuff!), we're giving away a beautiful Mamas & Papas Ocarro buggy, worth £649. 

To find out how to enter, just check out Latest Posts! 

imageimage

• Good morning

I hope everyone is doing well. Time is going so fast! 

I just wondered if anyone had any 'taking the baby to the beach tips'. Sounds silly but I don' want him covered in sand because he will just sat it! Any tips on what to buy for him to sit on. 

Harry is getting so big now. He can roll over, he can' quite sit up alone but he can stay upright if you sit him up for ages. He plays with everything now and will look for his favourite things and his dummy! He likes to hold his bottle so he has a little sippy cup with handles. He can't crawl, but has the position down and can hold himself up on his arms. He just goes backwards lol or pulls himself across the room on the blanket. He loves his jumperoo and we opened his first bank account last week. imageimageimageimageimage

How is everyone's else's little ones getting on. So amazing what they can do now :-)

• Georgie I would use a fitted sheet and prop up the sides it would stop sand getting in and can be a little play pen.

Charlie is a little lazy we haven’t mastered rolling over but he can sit up and when he lying down he can move himself around by lifting his bum.

He now weights 19lbs and gets weighed every 2 weeks now so the next is this Monday.

He‘s on 2 spoon feeds a day.  He gets porridge in the morning and then vegetables in the afternoon his favourite is sweet potato and carrots.

Charlie is also going to be a big brother and promoted to middle child, we found out on Monday and baby no 3 is due in November.

• Hi ladies! Harry is looking great! so cute and love the photo of his chilling with the cat😊 Can't give advice on the beach yet but I can imagine the nightmare that is sand being even more of a nightmare with a teething baby🙈😂

Wow Kdaisy that's awesome congratulations! We've been talking about baby no.2 but I want some time to enjoy Luke for a while and our holiday is booked for September in a 5 star hotel for our friends wedding so it would be lovely to enjoy cocktails and looking half decent in a bikini haha

Luke is doing great I can't believe he's 5 months old already where is time going?! I just love him so much he's like my little sidekick and has such a cheeky monkey personality already, I could be in for a wild one! Haha. We started weaning at 18 weeks just little spoonfuls here and there as I want him to get used to tastes and textures gradually rather than going straight from milk to broccoli trees! In the past week he's been having a regular brunch of porridge(gluten free aptami)/baby rice with veg or fruit and he's loving it! We had his hand and foot cast done on Thursday so that will be a lovely keepsake. We are also taking him to be registered at the dentist on Wednesday even though he has no teeth! 

Did you all have a lovely Mother's Day? I hope so! I had such a nice day I just felt so smitten and blessed to be Luke's mummy. Hope everyone's well! Xx

• Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Are you all about to embark on weaning? Please come and tell us how life is going for you and how your babies are - we'd love an update! 

We were wondering, if you have had any experience of the 4month sleep regression, can you help this new member here

• Testers wanted! 
    We're looking for children aged 4 to 8 years old to test a Zinc Flyte Scooter - and there's a £200 voucher up for grabs too! 
    To signup, please check out Latest Posts by scrolling all the way to the bottom of this screen and hit the Latest Posts button, as you see in the pic below.

• Hi everyone! 

Cant believe our babies are 6 months old. It’s nuts to think just over 6 months ago we were all glued to this chat and one by one having our little babies! 

Finn is such a cheeky little guy I can’t imagine now what life was like without him. We have a holiday booked for June and although I’m nervous for the baby on the plane situation I’m excited to have some family time relaxing. 

Hows the food situation been with your babies? Finn has a lunch and dinner and I was hoping that would make him sleep better but he is still an utter boob monster during the night. 

Hope everyone is doing well and your happy little babies too! 

Pic update: he seems so big now 😭

• Hi all hope everyone is well.

Joerodiex, we went on holiday last week and are off again in June. Harry loved It, especially swimming everyday. 

Harry loves food. He has breakfast and dinner and fruit during the day. Harry is still a great sleeper fortunately. Now usually sleeps from 8.30pm-8am.

We have chosen our nursery :-( very sad by that. Dreading going back to work in August now.

Harry weighs 19lbs and is a big boy now. He can sit up unaided and tries to pull himself up (Harry trying to escape the cot below)imageimageimageimage