Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2017 Babies

Replies

• I'm sure it's normal, but he's not great at sleeping unless he's being held by me. During the night and the day. He will rest briefly on my partner, but then wake up, realise he's not mummy, and scream until I have him again. So I have to stay on the sofa, cos I can't co sleep for various reasons, and there is a tv in the lounge to keep me from falling asleep whilst holding him (I wouldn't wanna risk it in the bed), plus the kitchen right next door to make drinks and snacks throughout the night. I don't mind too much though, he's still so brand new so it's to be expected xx 

• Yeah I still co sleep with grace. We both sleep well that way. Although I think she’s going theough leap 2 at the min. Very clingy to me and feeding loads x

• I mostly co sleep too as I feed him laying down and when I’m not, he’s sleeping on his tummy because he struggles on his back due to the LM (laryngolomacia/floppy larynx), we use an angel care sensor pad. It works best for us all and we all get a good nights sleep. Nearly at the end of the second leap, it’s been tough but more scared of the lengthy one next month!! 

Will be thinking of Grace WLJ, she’s a tough young lady 💪🏼😘

Wow you must be making double cream laurah lol... well done fletcher!

All such beautiful babies. I can't believe how big they all are.....I must be making skimmed milk then because Ivy is still in newborn size clothes, just about moving up to 0-3 But they are still big! 🤣

I hope your babies get fixed up quickly Jade and WLJ. I think babies are very resilient it has more of a toll on us with all the worry they cause! 

Ivy too only likes being held, I'm trying all sorts of tricks to get her to sleep off me.....so far none work! 

• Have you got a child aged 5-9 years old? If so, we're looking for parents and children to take part in our latest product test for a children's app and personalised book. To find out more, please see this thread. There's a £200 voucher up for grabs too!

• Hi everyone, how are you guys doing? Are you getting any rest? We'd love some baby updates, if you have the time. 

Today on the forum, we're asking, who did you have in the room with you when you gave birth? And were they helpful? Please do come and tell us on this thread - we'd love to hear from you.

Also, if you have any questions about the MadeForMums Awards, we can hopefully answer them for you on this thread

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to drop by and see how you're all doing? What have you got planned for this cold weekend? 

• i have a lot old post to catch up on. we had a busy Christmas and spent time in hospital with Baby Joel on christmas day due to fever from a cold which his brother had. 

We then some side effect from antibiotics to deal with.

we are at the end of a leap as well and he is a lot more interactive. Loads of smiles and giggles. 

His older brother has now become sensitive and wants to be carried Just like the Baby.

i haven’t had to co-sleep as can tramsfer to snuzpod at night and for some naps. He loves being held upright this is his best sleeping position and lying on his tummy

• Hope baby is doing better now Fludu, that sounds tough. Ah that’s amazing he is loving his Snuzpod! 

Joojoo Ivy is too cute! I laughed at your skimmed milk comment, don’t worry you and me both 😆 he’s still in 1 month sleepsuits! 

We had his first jabs today, he’s 9 weeks and I surprisingly held it together quite well! I almost cried. Baby has never cried that hard, poor thing, but now home for a sofa day lots of cuddles is all he needs. 

Finished his second leap a few days back and he seems to be smiling lots now in the mornings and is fixated on his mobile on the mamaroo. 

• Hope everything is more settled Fludu.

Jade ivy is the only baby who goes into the jabs crying and comes out quiet 🤣

This weekend we are painting our new kitchen.  (And I need to fold all the washing up and put it away!)

• Ah the injections are not pleasant to witness are they Iris has her 2nd lot this Wednesday I'm not looking forward to it but at least it's only 1 this time! 

Joojoo iris only went into her 0-3 clothes a couple.of weeks ago and some of the bigger Newborn stuff still fits her although I think I'm trying to squeeze her in them as long as possible she is growing so fast! 

Iris has slept through the night a few times now which is great to get some sleep although by the time morning comes I am desperate for her to wake to feed! The nights she doesn't sleep through are so hard she just doesn't settle till the early hours the other day it was 3.30am before she went to sleep she had been awake all evening/night! 

We had plans to go out for a walk tomorrow but Joe had tonsilitis again so a cosy weekend indoors is on the cards i think!imageimage

• imageHey ladies. Well today we took Grace swimming for the first time. She loved it. 

x

• imageShe’s also just coming out of leap 2 and is loving baby sensory classes and obcessed with prnguin haha she chats to him each morning. Loving seeing all your beautiful babies doing so well x

• Yeah he absolutely hated the whole thing! Was intersting to see his weight, now 11lb2 which is fab.

Ive been trying Kefir WLJ, how much do you drink a day? 

We signed up for Waterbabies, our first class is 10th feb I’m very excited, will get daddy to take Nasr in though probably.. nice bonding for them.

Ahh the babies are all so cute! 

• Ahhh look At his Frown. So adorable. 

I had 250ml a day of Kefir. 

yeaj daddy came today as he will be at work for turtle tots. He loved it. X

• Awww grace looks like she is a water baby. We have been swimming a few times. She has mixed feelings...somedays love some days not so much! 

Laura I know what you mean, I only moved up to some of the 0-3 in case she had a massive growth spurt and missed out on wearing all her clothes! I definitely feel we have got our money's worth from the clothes though! 

• You're all lucky you had time for newborn clothes haha Noah outgrew his newborn clothes within the first 3 weeks! We had such cute clothes too but he's already fitting perfectly in the 0-3. Soon he's going to outgrow those too!

• Grace looks like she really enjoyed swimming my husband is desperate to take Iris swimming but need to find a pool warm enough :-) joojoo when I put iris in her 0-3 it was suprising how well they fitted as they looked massive hung up!  We have just boxed up all the Newborn stuff just need to decide whether to keep them 😊

• I was going to keep all of his clothes from his first year and take patches of them to make a blanket 🙂 Don't know if you'd be into that but I thought I'd share the idea in case anyone likes it.

Couldn't keep his outfit from the hospital because... he kinda pooped all over it lol but I have the pictures which is fine too.

• We are probably gonna take Fletcher swimming today with his big sister...scary times!! He absolutely loves being in the bath and screams when we take him out, so not sure how he will react with the pool. Fingers crossed he will be okay and love it though. 

I think he is having yet another growth spurt...im a little bit worried we won't get much wear out of his 3-6 clothes. We have none in 6-9 yet! It's amazing how different children can be - moving him to 3-6 and 2.5 months. Moving his big sister into 9-12 at 21 months 😂

Are any babies laughing or rolling yet??