Forum home Babies Baby

July 2017 Babies - Part 4

Replies

Take no notice of me but that smile😍😍😍

• Louise I hate to say it but sounds like you night need to do some controlled crying or at least your husband will need to get up and comfort him and just not offer the boob. Dies your oh have any time off at xmas so that you can make a plan to get some extra sleep.

Patrick has a bad tummy so took ages to settle and now I'm up as he's been sick. We're downstairs watching finding dory.

Kayleigh, you only need enough money to live and have a wee treat. The boys probably don't need half the stuff you think they do and they'll love you all the same. Work out how much you need to cover bills and little treats and then stop. Enjoy your boys. If you have something come up then do some ot but 3 on 3 off seems plenty. 

I normally leave Patrick with my mum for an hour on Thursdays and meet the mummy club for coffee. My mum was busy so decided just to take Patrick and he sat fit a good 45 min colouring and doing stickers. I was so proud :-)

My MIL is working today so no playgroup which is rubbish. Just another boring day.

• Hope patrick feels better soon he seems to be under the weather lately bless him. 

Some of our bills are paid off in January so gonna sit down then and work out expenses just feels like I'm never home atm. I know I spend to much on them sometimes I've gone a bit mad for Xmas and my oh is far from Impressed even though I've paid for most of it 

• It's natural to want to spoil but the other day I bought a foam tube for 80p and stickers for £1 and he had so much fun.

In Jan we're doing the same. We need to plan better.

He was fine after he was sick just really awake. Got back to bed around 430. He's back up and I've got him in with me but his patience is running out.

Anyone got weekend plans?

• imageimage

Or a toilet roll lol...

• Yes my husband keeps telling me to ask health visitor for advice but I know she'll say controlled crying so I haven't gone. It breaks my heart when he cries and makes me cry but I know that's the answer really 😞

mummytoolley you do so well but I hope you manage to cut down so things are easier for you. His smile is adorable!

Hope Patrick feels better soon katt. Hope you manage to get a bit of rest. Finding dory at half 3 in the morning is not good!

• What porridge doesn't everyone use ? I've been  giving Ollie the cow and gate one but it's really watery does anyone find this ?  

• Also is anyones little one still being sick ollie is still really bad and hes on gaviscon too hes just boffed his poridge up again lol 

• Until they are 6 months you have to use baby porridge because of gluten but after that mark I used ready brek at first and then just went to regular porridge. It's so much nicer and cheaper. Also at 6 months weetabix is great as you can drench it in milk to know they're getting enough milk.

I like heinz stuff but never pay full price. Asda normally has it on offer once a month.

I ordered some things last night to get ready to wean. I'm dreading it. Feel ill never get out the house with the two of them.

• Lillian I have cow and gate. I just put more  powder in it to make it a better consistency xx

• Oh okies I'll try that x

Hello ladies, has a really busy week. was back at Drs wed and now on amoxicillin. Joseph is really sick with his bottles still but keeps down his food. We are currently using aldi porridge, he loves it. He’s also decided napping during the day is no fun... I have my pre op Monday and Joseph has hospital Friday for his eyes. Think I’ll be glad when Xmas is over. 

Louise hope your ok, big hugs.

Katt it is hard getting out with little ones, I have yet to go anywhere with the 3 on my own.

lillian is Ollie on normal milk now?

mummytoolly your deserve a medal, I’m on my knees and don’t work. Let alone nights 

xx

• Have you decided to go ahead with sterilisation? 

• Yeah we have him on cow and gate milk with gavisgon ...do you switch to the next level milk at 6 months I literally have no idea ? it's only the sickness that I'm struggling with with him he's really good at eating and everything I just need to step up the weening if I'm honest but I'm cluelsss I've never done this before 😂

• I never switched with Patrick i just kept him on stage 1.

• I’ve never gone onto the next stage milk, but I know people who have. 

The sickness is really getting me down, I need as many spare sets of clothes as he does. after trying everything the dr has just said he will grow out of it. weaning is different for all babies and I’m sure your doing a fab job. Joseph has milk when he wakes up, porridge mid morning, bottle in the afternoon, veg of some kind at about 4 ish then his bed time bottle at 6. We then dream feed him at 10/10.30 that is the only bottle he keeps down. 

Yeah im going ahead with it Katt, physically having another baby will finish me off I think. Each next stage Joseph reaches makes me sad but I know I’m doing the right thing. 

We also have a tooth 😬

• no teeth here still and tell me about bincey I've managed to get back into my pre pregnancy jeans so I have more clothes now. I wash all 5 pairs I have every week and I get through jogging bottoms and leggings too it just goes everywhere ! 

I was in the mood to clean the house but ollies sleeping on me at the mo and I'm watching teen mom cuz I am sad 😂 i cleaned the living room but I shut the door and sat down ! 

• Ha ha sounds just like me, my motivation has got up and gone. I did manage to wrap 6 presents 😞

I’m not back in my pre pregnancy clothes yet, infact I’m sure I’m just piling the weight on 🙈 I stay in my pjs, I have plenty of them 😂😂

• Haha Katt that picture made me laugh did you manage to rescue your toilet roll 😂😂 my weekend plans consist of a date with 18 elderly gentlemen. I know what you mean about leaving the house it's impossible, it literally is a military operation to get out with two small people and all the stuff they need you just end up weighed down with stuff it's so much easier when they're toddlers and only need a backpack

Louise It would break my heart as well bbe but you have to think about your needs six months without any real sleep is awful and you need to be healthy in order to look after you babies. I hope you manage to sort it wouldn't he even take a bottle to suck even if he doesn't actually feed the mams ones are meant to be like boobies 

Lillian Charlie can sometimes be a bit sicky he loves food tho he likes the heinz baby porridge in the morning with lots of milk in it my mum sometimes makes it to thick when she's feeding him and its like wallpaper paste lol 😂 looks disgusting. I think around six months they cn start having the baby juice as well

Bincey he's a cutie and the first tooth of the group definitely shows times flying by to fast. Glad you came to a decision about sterilisation only you and your oh know if it's best I don't know if I could cope with another one my oh said to see what I feel like in five years but I don't think I could imagine both boys being so independent then going back to having a newborn but I guess we will see 

• Saoirse got her first tooth 3 weeks ago...Did I not say? She is biting everyone who gets their hands close enough lol.

Toilet roll is dead...