Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Babies - Part 4

Replies

• And will change the texture until he eats them whole.

Daniel is in his own room tonight to see how he goes in his big bed

• Just went and checked Daniel he's fast asleep image

• Aww bless him he looks alot more comfy in there Charlie.

Dizzy I blend meals up for charlie he has what we have if theres no salt in it etc and I use baby stock from boots instead of gravy. He doesn't mind the ellas kitchen pouches but he prefers what I make him especially Sunday dinners lol 

I've got so much wrapping to do tonight 

• I don’t know where the time has gone, I’m so unorganised. Is going to be weird being home during the mad Xmas rush...is it sad that I miss work (only this week)

He is loving his new cot Charlie 😊

We are currently on purée but have started introducing a few finger bits. Will hooefully change to blw after Xmas. 

Gave him chunks of banana today, he wasn’t overly impressed.

• Awww I love that chair haha 😂 I ended up getting the mamas and papa's pesto animal one it's being delivered tomorow morning hopefully my oh can assemble it tomorow evening sick of feeding Charlie in his bouncer because he won't go in his bumbo seat he screams the whole time he's in it. He looks definitely unimpressed bincey bless him he's a cutie pie.

It's mad trying to cope with the pressures of work and the mad Xmas rush we're about halfway in wrapping prezzies now. Back at work Wednesday and Thursday then got to do our Xmas food shop Fri night and sat were taking the boys to see santa xx

• I love that chair bincey. I keep trying to see if I can see one reduced but I can't. 

How do you manage to get Daniel to sleep so early charlie? Trying to settle charlie at the moment. 

Has anyone decided which car seat they are going to get? 

• I remember Patrick by his 3rd set of jags would go down 7-7. Saoirse wI'll have a nap around 7 but she wakes at 9 for a feed and then she's down.

I'm dreading weaning. Saoirse is 6 months on xmas day and I'm holding off until the last min possible. I don't know why I'm and stressed. It should still be pretty fresh in my head. I did a mix of puree and finger foods 

• I am also on the look out for the highchair at a good price 😊 

I’ve literally just been looking at car seats, theres a joie one on mothercare that currently come with free Isofix. We’ve got a joie at the moment. I do find the whole car seat thing abit of a mind field. The other 2 both has mamas and papas ones. 

• Bebe do a similar swivel high chair it’s a lot cheaper but I’ve yet to read the reviews on it x

• I know sleep tips here too he went down at 10 which is early n he's woke up three times I've had to put in back in the bloody moses basket ! He doesn't normally wake but goes down late 

Ollie is 6months today !! N he's 7.8kg I did read they should stay in carry style at seats until 9kg so not sure 

• I didn't move on to the next size car seat until Patrick was 11 months. Mine was a size 0+ 

The one I got kept him rear facing a bit longer. Some people like to keep them rear facing until 4 but Patrick hated it so much. 

• I will keep him rear facing as long as I can, our infant carrier is supposed to last till 15 months. Both the boys hated being rear facing too...But if I see one on offer I will get it. He is just about to go into his pushchair part now too 🤭 how did they get so big already! 

• Ours was suppose to be 15 months too but I struggled to be able to get him in it so moved to the swivle one and kept him rear until 15 months.

Patrick getting picked up at 830 for the day. 

I've got a new chair and highchair to build. Presents to wrap and general tidying up. Waiting to hear from next. I found an alternative in Debenham's but that's further away and I don't want to go unless I have to.

What's everyone doing for Xmas? 

• I literally just give Daniel his last bottle put him in bed and leave him. I've never really settled him if he was tiered I'd put him down and ignore him a bit would only see to him if he had been screaming alot

• My monkey is 6 months old today happy half birthday Ollie ! I can't believe how fast it's gone x 

• Thanks ladies, think I'll do a bit of both. The course I went on yesterday said it doesn't matter if they don't get much food to begin with but kind of don't get the point of trying them on different foods if he's not actually eating it. 

He also had us up about 4 times in the night, think thats the most it's been in a longtime! 

Weve goot a maxi cosi car seat which am hoping will last until he's about 12 months and then I'll need cheaper ones as I'll need them in so many cars as our mums Are looking after him when I go back to work. 

How did Daniel sleep in the cot?

• He woke up at 2 for a bottle then straight back to sleep 

• Happy half birthday Ollie! It's Charlie's tomorrow xx 

We have quite a bit of time in the car on the school runs so am keen to get him forward facing as seems a bit rubbish to be staring at back of seat. The seats all seem to have changed so much since my 8 year old was a baby. Have no idea which kind to get. Hoping to get one in sale after Christmas. 

Thanks bincey I will have a look at that Bebe highchair now xx 

• Gosh that highchair is a lot cheaper isn't it? It doesn't look as comfy as yours though bincey. It looks like Charlie Wouk does have to be sitting up properly to be comfy in it whereas yours looks more padded. I suppose you get what you pay for. I will wait for the sales and see if yours comes down in price at all xxx