Forum home Babies Baby

December 2017 Babies

Replies

• Beautiful babies and all so different looking 😍

Realised I wrote 4lb earlier, clearly meant 4oz...baby brain!

Re the pooping, Hector goes multiple times a day. Getting through nappies like nobodies business!

He's had a couple of baths now, wailed the entire time 😔 Also hates having his nappy changed.

• Gracie finally went this morning oh it was bad but I’ve never been so happy I’m glad she didn’t hold out for ten days I’d be beside myself checking for poop signs constantly 

she been a lot better today althou we have been out most of the day been to the mothercare sales there really good at the min although they’ve left a security tag on one of the dresses and only put one shoe in the bag means a half hour trip back down there 

gracies had quite a few baths luckily she loves it 

thunper I must be the same because I didn’t even realise you had put 4lb Gracie’s also on 4oz we did put her up to 5 as She finishes the whole 4oz but she just leave the oz all the time so dropped it back down for now 

i can’t get her weighed until the 9th because the clinics been shut over Christmas looking forward to taking her will have been 3 weeks since she was weighed last got my 6 weeks check through for the 11th aswell these last few weeks have flew over xx

• My Dalton was also going upto 5 times a day but had a no show for a whole day so I took nappy off, lifted his legs up and out it came, we are now going once or twice a day but he did seem uncomfortable and unsettled until he did manage to poo. 

Everyone's babies are so cute 😊 

I find myself very nervous whilst out driving with him, feel better walking as I can stop and sort him out if needed. Anyone else like this or is it just me being anxious. 

• I think it's quite normal to feel anxious driving with them at first Gemma. I certainly remember the first few times I drove alone with #1 I just wanted to keep stopping and checking him. This time I can't wait to be able to drive again. I feel physically able so think on Monday, when he's 4 weeks, I will check with my insurance company and see if it's allowed. 

First day of the school run today. My sister had come up to stay yesterday so she took them in the morning, but then I had to do pick up... was only a couple of minutes late 😂 

• Rainbowsunshine, I meant he's gained 4oz. Currently breastfeeding so no idea how much he's actually taking in, althoygh is feeding a lot, much like #1 did. #2 always went longer between feeds. And they're the same about food now they're 6 and 5 🤣

• I’ve been driving thunper my insurance company said they have no restriction on it ive been getting my older daughter whos 13 to sit next to her in th car incase she cry’s althou I haven’t had a problem yet 

there’s my baby brain thinking it was oz in milk 😂 

I’m dreading mine going back to school from me getting up at 7 feeding Gracie and getting her settled it was twenty past 8 yesterday morning was sat in my pjs thinking if this was a school day id be having to leave in ten mins althou I’ll probably be getting up at 6 then xx

• Hooray, FINALLY bought a new car today. Collecting it next week. Appointment with doctor Monday to see if I can drive again, I feel able to so fingers crossed. We did manage to wedge all 3 children across the back of current car, but doing up seatbelts was a challenge.

Had a dreadful night with barely any sleep 2 nights ago, luckily last night was much better. 

How's everyone else doing? X

• Yay exciting thuper new car :) 

Kind of taken back by what happened yesterday :/ I needed to post a package so went to the post office with the pram...first time taking him out on my own and was a little nervous...I was trying to get in the door (my mummy brain didn't think to go in backwards derrr so I'm trying to push the pram in forwards and open the door at the same time...this guy comes out of nowhere and grabs the pram...doesn't say anything and pushes it in..(this all happened in seconds) I rush in after him and grab the pram back...he was probably just wanting to help but it's bothered me that I let anyone close enough to do that and with this happening the first time I take him out alone it's knocked my very little confidence down to an all time low :(

Odin's sleep has been so weird like he was waking up for feeds every 4 hours but last night I fed him at about 11 and expected him to wake me up around 3 for another feed but nope next thing I know it's 8:30am and he's flat out so I had a good night's sleep but not sure he should go that long without a feed? 

imageimage

• Hi I had twins back in 2016 and they had colic If you are bottle feeding try aptamil comfort. My twins had one bottle and straight away you could see they were more comfortable.

Hope it gets better for you soon.

• Hey Rebecca how old is your little one now?? My first 3 which are now 13,9 and 7 were about 4 / 5 weeks when they went all night and my twins now 16 months were 9 weeks.

As long as he is over 1 month it is fine 😊😊.

• Hi lizzie he's 3 weeks tomorrow x

• Hi Rebecca maybe just set an alarm for the week until he is 4 weeks then after that leave him to sleep.

I had the same problem with my twin they would sleep through and it's just not good for them to do this until they are at least 4 weeks and taking a good amount of milk during the day.

I know it's hard this is my 4th time round and the hardest of them all as it is twins and girls image lol .

• Ok thankyou will try :) I thought they would be alot older before they would keep throughout the night, I'm a first time mum do learning all the time :) 

Hes having between 4oz and 7oz every 2-4 hours in the day and 3-4 hours at night...will see what happens tonight :) X

• Congrats on the new car thuper and good luck at your doctors appointment today 

im really considering trying the Aptamil Comfort she squirms around an awful lot through out having her bottle and now takes quite some time to settle after she’s finished im just worried it’s going to make going poop bad for her she’s still only going once every other day I’ve read it can make them constipated changing there milk    did this happen at all with yours Lizzie

that is a good sleep Rebecca bet that felt good Gracie will go through some nights and others it’s every four hours she went from 10 till quarter to 6 this morning so I’m happy my health visitor said if she’s sleeping through or going longer at night just leave her if he’s having feds through the day every 2-4 hours he’s probs making up for it then Gracie will sometime want more after 2 hours but mostly 3-4 think she was about 3 weeks when health visitor said that because it was before Christmas maybe even if you set an Alarm for 6am that way he’s not going as long and your getting a good sleep aswell 

aww Lizzie twins so cute can imagine it’s hard work at times but I’m sure really rewarding xx

• Morning rainbowsunshine, bless your little one. My twins were exactly the same when I fed them it was horrible, I tried everything from colic drops to the expensive stuff and in the end I changed to the comfort milk.

It didn't have any bad affects on them and if anything helped them go to the toilet and it is for constipation as well and colic.

You have to use a free flow teats as it is a lot thicker than the normal milk but it's the best thing I've ever done for them 😁😁.

• Don' beat yourself up Rebecca, I'm sure the gentleman was just trying to help. You'll soon get the hang of going out and about with Odin.

Jealous of your mega sleep! Although as others have said, now you know he will go that long best to set a feed alarm. I'd go for a 6 hour interval.

Doctor has given me ok to drive, yay!

Tomorrow morning will be my first morning school run... Rainbowsunshine have you done one yet?

• Good luck with the school run tomorrow ThuperRah I'm sure it will be fine😁😁

I remember doing my first school run after c-section with my twins it was great just to get back to normal although I did have to take it easy (not that I ever did)lol 😂😂

Rebecca please don't let one person put you off taking you lo out it's a great thing to take him out and show him off. small steps and I'm sure you'll get there 😊😊

• Mine went back to school today I managed to get all children to school on time woo although I have been up since 5.30 gracie slept from ten till then and i thought  might aswell stay up and get ready how did it go for you thuper?

ive been and had Gracie weighed today she’s now 9lb 4oz spoke to the health visitor about her being unsettled and she said to try her on infacol sounds abit like Colic I do not even like the sound of that word 😂 when I read about it on the internet was saying they can cry non stop for 3 hours everyday shes no way that bad  xx

• Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to ask you, when you were pregnant, did you have the flu jab? Please do tell us on this new thread here.

Also, if you fancy sharing your top tips for booking a family holiday with ABTA, you could win a £200 John Lewis voucher. That thread is here. Good luck!