Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2017 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Options

The Ella pouches do a prune one maybe try some of that? Must be so uncomfortable, poor baby! Can't think of anything else that you haven't tried. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow!

• Options

Emma exact same happened to Toby in thr first couple of weeks of weaning it was like he was in labour!! I soaked some prunes and pureed them and they sorted him right out. I froze some so now when he starts gettig harder poos I give him some prunes and sorts it out every time!

Xx

• Options

Thanks ladies. I’m off to buy prunes or prune juice in the morning. Will a little work? He isn’t very keen on anything at the moment and I can see I may struggle to get it down him. 

• Options

I think I gave him about 30/40ml of prune puree and that sorted it later that day...worked a little too well ha

• Options

Thanks Tina. I’m fully expecting a fall out when everything that I’ve done today kicks in! 

• Options

Aww poor liitle Owen.

Vijay has been sooo grumpy this past week. His top front teeth have just come through and it looks like the teeth next to them are coming at the same time. His moods are so up and down, poor little thing

• Options

Poor Vijay. Lots of cuddles and kisses. Have you tried teething powders? I give them to Owen if he looks a bit red cheeked. 

• Options

I havnt tried any yet Emma but i think we will give some a go. Its hard seeing him like that. He used to be so happy

• Options

Same. My smiley little boy hasn’t been here for 2 days. He woke twice in the night as he was trying to go toilet but he took a bottle both times so caught up with his feeds which is a relief. He’s managed to go this morning and they seem easier to pass but still marbles. Little bugger slept in til 10 though as he was catching up from waking in the night! Me, not so much am a mardy mare today! 

• Options

Didn’t realise we’d move threads 

glad its easing for Owen😣 it must be awful for them

poor vijay teething sucks, Harry’s got 5 teeth now, 6th one is on its way but not quite. He’s not himself today, I’m just hoping he hasn’t started with this flu my dads got 😩 hard to stay away from germs when you live In the same house. I’m using hand sanitiser like it’s going out of fashion. 

im working tonight, only 4 hours as a one off but its work! Wahoo can’t wait, sister is watching H but if he gets worse I just won’t go 

heres My new favourite picture 💙 oh and he still won’t sleep haha 😭 

• Options

Smiley Harry 😃

• Options

Oh gorgeous giggly Harry! 

Everyone seems to have this flu, hope the babies escape it! That would be awful.

We turned 6 months today! 😱 Catching up with you all 😂 I can't believe how fast the time is going!! 

We're having a nightmare with leaking nappies at night. He skips bottles during the day but wants to catch up in the evening and his poor little bladder can't keep up. Lost count of the number of full outfit changes in the middle of the night. 

We seem to be having better naps though and only waking once or twice in the night now so definitely getting better. Just hope he's sleeping through by the time I go back to work!

• Options

Owen has been!!! 😃👍🏻

Funny thing was, I went and bought some blumming expensive prunes - £2.80 a bag! Popped them in the pan as I thought I’d make up a purée and freeze it just in case. He started crying in the lounge and I could see from his top that he’d been. Sorted out the exploded nappy and my smoke alarm went off. Yes. I burnt dry the expensive prunes that were gonna fix him. Also my washing machine finished just as I took his top off. How badly times is my life? Seems 24hrs on premade milk with everything else I was doing worked. 

• Options

image7 months today and he’s everywhere rolling and shuffling and still not sleeping properly 😂 love him so much!!

i find anbesol he best for teething it contain lidocaine and is liquid based so absorbs straight away 

Such a shame about the prunes but bloomin typical

laura hope Work goes well what a lovely moment of you and harry x 

• Options

What a gorgeous cheeky chappie pose!

Lbester, I’m trying to get Owen to self-settle. I may lose all my hair or go grey by next week! It takes about an hour for him to finally drop off but the stairs are good excercise for me 👍🏻

Just had my place at nursery confirmed, starts 6th Feb for 2 afternoons a week. 😃

• Options

Oh it is so hard but do persevere or grab a book and lay in bed upstairs for a few days!!! I’ve stopped now as he was getting really worked up but will do it again in a few months the main thing I’m hapoy about is he naps for 30 mind in his cot and does most nights in there so atleast I get some stuff done!!!

• Options

Just found this new thread lol i thought the notification emails were quiet 🤫 x

• Options

Omg their cute little faces are too much lbester and laura!! This guy had hid Donald trump comb over wodge chopped today! He looks so smart!!! image

Cant remembr who had the leaky nappy problem as i was hurriedly trying to catch up... but try putting another nappy over it back to front so the high back is over the original front... will save your washing! Did that with my daughter who slept solid 13-15hours....oh how i didnt know i was born lol xx 

• Options

So cute flouncy!!

I deffo drew the short straw with this product testing, so far haven't received the one good thing i got designated lol. I got some plastic pots, the bodywash we got made Toby all blotchy and he cried and the baby food they sent one pouch to try! One pouch!! Lol. Thought would at least get a few you know looooooool.

I need to get toby to self soothe too as the way i get him to sleep is just ridiculous and not going to be easy in his cotbed and his nan cant do it in the travel cot as she has a bad back (I have to hold both his arms down. Stick his dummy in and keep holding his arms until he goes to sleep lol) so that means no naps if she is lookig after him. He just wont go off any other way other than loads.of rocking but dont think thats any better, deffo not for me anyways.

Xx

• Options

I’ve not been trying it for long but I can get him to self soothe for naps after about 45mins to 1hr. He also managed to drop off himself last night but again it took an hour! I’m hoping these times come down though right? I’ve just started reading a book which I haven’t done in about 6.5 months. I sit on my bed reading and go in, put the dummy in his mouth, cover him up and give him a cuddly dog and just leave again. Had to stop hubby from picking him up earlier! No! Bad daddy! 

I haven’t had any of my testing products yet but I’m a bit concerned as my grobag they sent me went missing as well. No card but it ended up being returned.