Forum home Babies Baby

June 2017 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• First that is hilarious honestly I laughed out loud!!!! 

I have tried flavoured porridge but can only use organix ones as all the others have milk in and Logan is allergic 😩 

loving the play date laura/jeanetta 

Logan crawled today ❤️💙😍 so proud of him 

and the little buggwe nicked my jam sandwich today literally lunged fir it I had to prise his fingers one my one off of it befire he could eat it!!! 😩

• oh yes! I totally forgot about the milk allergy sorry. do cow and gate do a flavoured milk free one? I’m sure my friend used that but can’t remember which one. Fruit in porridge is just as good though, if it works it works!

well don’t logan clever boy! Harry won’t entertain crawling at all lazy bones just gets stressed. Gave him scrambled egg for his tea, absolutely loved it! kept blowing raspberries though so we both ended up covered in egg but it was so funny the monkey 

• Lbester tesco do a plain porridge that has no milk in, I mix that with a little bit of aldi fruit pureè pots 👌 jamie oliver eat your heart out!

Got milo weighed today and the little tank is 20.14lbs!!!!! JESUS!! 71cm long so heading to be tall like his Bro 😉

I'm trying to be brave and let him eat the same food as us (irrational choking fear) so lunch was scrambled egg 'on' toast+ham, dinner was pasta, broccoli, mixed veg and fish!! He's still alive so all is good :-) he doesn't really like being spoon fed except at breakfast..

Poosplosion this morning- he managed a babygrow, sleepsuit, gro bag, a cot sheet a muslin (under top sheet) and bottom sheet!!! 😮😮😯😮😯😮😯😮 teething making rhe poos very randon/gross/lots of yuck.

• Thats good going for little (big) milo! i was supposed to go to the clinic this morning but forgot until you said 😂 maybe next week! Want him measured but they won’t do it, if it’s quiet I’ll be asking for it to be done. He’s in 9-12 already and I doubt he’ll be in it long 😥 

im trying to get over my choking fear too, I don’t mind if someone is with me it relaxes me so much more. he still won’t drink water out of anything, tried a beaker and he’ll drink it and go back for more. This is going to be fun 😂

• Oooooh I’ll have look for that porridge thanks!!! 

Logan was measured at 71cm today too!!!! And 18.8lbs 

so proud of him but can’t leave the room now as he’s everywhere!!!!

• Has anyone tried Baby pasta yet???

• Phoenix has has normal pasta 🍝 I just cooked it really well used fussili x

• Yeah we tried normal pasta too, he enjoyed squishing it around his tray but not sure any went in his mouth! 🙈

Aw laura, jeanetta - your babies are so cute together! 

We viewed a nursery this morning. Was so nervous beforehand but it felt so warm and welcoming when we were there. Very reassured. Think we'll go for it when I get my hours from work confirmed. Feels like a big relief!

• I’ve already picked my nursery without going to it, my oldest friend runs the toddler room there and i know 3 other girls who work there 1 of which runs the baby room..I’m glad you feel good about it, going to be so hard when I do have to leave him. Which isn’t just yet need to sort out a job First. Bar work isn’t going to cut the mustard! 

we tried normal pasta too, I’ve given it him whole and chopped up in bolegnese xxx

• I had to pay the deposit for nursery on Monday and he starts 6th Feb which seemed so far away and is coming round too quickly. I’m expecting a call to arrange drop in sessions with him. I left him with my mum for 3 hours Tuesday as I had a meeting with my new (old) boss and he was ever so grumpy until I turned up then he was smiles which makes me feel terrible about leaving him but my niece has come so far by going to nursery that I think it’s will benefit him greatly. 

We are nowhere near any of you food wise. Very fussy baby so taking small steps and trying something new every few days. Still no teeth or sitting but rolling has been well and truly mastered!!

• We have used the heinz baby shapes too... just checked pack says may contain milk?? 

Went for weigh in today with HV as was worried when a few of you were saying youd been advised food was just for fun and focus should still be milk... she didnt agree said should be moving further and further towards food and 3 good meals. I was relieved as he isnt too bothered about bottles. She also said chewing and feeding really helped their speech too. He is still 91st percentile height snd weight so doing ok lol!! imageimageimage

We have a crawler too!!

• Oh flouncy that’s great!!!! You’ll be chasing him now!!!

• Oh my god look at him go!!! Clever boys!!

Ben does love he's food, I was worried about dehydration but yesterday and today did bottle then breakfast, bottle them lunch and then he will have dinner and bottle before bed cos I didn't want to go back when he's doing so well with all different foods. Once he gets better with water I'll not worry as much about the lunch bottle, although today he did drink a bit, i.held the free flow cup and he leant back bit like a hamster but it worked. Only swallowed a couple but that's progress! 

They all go at such different rates Emma, just keep offering it and then suddenly they really want it- that's what happened with Ben, one day not bothered the next leaning forward mouth open for the spoon! He's still not rolling either, nowhere near It!!

Glad nursery visits went well, I'm lucky my husband works shifts so as long as I get the hours I want he will have him Thursday and Friday morning and my mum and dad will have him w3dmesday and Friday afternoon. They are retired and totally dote on Ben so if shifts with hubby change they will have him. I'm goinh to sort out a meeting for next week and think I'll be back start of April! 

Ben's in he's next size seat now, he's 20lb 3oz now and I was struggling lifting the first one! This one is front facing which I was worried about but reclines right down and he looks super comfy.  I was going to get rear bit as we needed 3 so didn't have to mess about being back at work they just worked out too expensive 

• Not sure what's gotten in to this child tonight but he's so unsettled. Been up 6 times already since 7pm zzzzz! So unlike him. He normally does a good stretch to start with and then wakes up once or twice from 3/4am. Ewan the sheep batteries are getting a bartering tonight 😂

I had a text from a friend to say the Boots 70% off sale had started after midnight so managed to grab a couple of bargains in the baby clothes so guess it hasn't all been bad! Get on it quick girls.. lots of stuff was selling out in the bigger sizes as I was placing it in my online basket!

• Oh no peanut did you get any sleep?? I had a look online when I ready your message but everything seemed small, im going to Bluewater so I'll have a look! Ben is inbetween sizes, 6-9 fit just but some look too small but the 9-12s seem huge, Ben is long anyway but they seem like a huge jump up!!

I can't move more than 2m away from Ben today before he screams!! Wanted to do a bit of ironing but that's not happening, managed to Hoover the stairs but when I turned it off he wasn't playing nicely in he's cot he was goinh mental!! 😣 Hoping a little nap and he will wake up in a better mood so I can go shopping and to the park!! 

• I’ve noticed that is it a phase as Logan will be fine in a room but the minute he notices I’m gone he screams blue murder I’m gettong nothing done or have to take him with me but he’s into everything I did the washing and he rugby racked my neatly folded pile o was like really!!!!! 🙈

• Thanks Peanut, managed to get some trousers for Owen and a dress for my niece. 

I like having one of the younger ones on here as you all let me know what I can expect! 

• I solved my problem I popped him in a box and pushed it into whatever room I was in 😂

• Ha ha first, that’s brilliant!

• That’s genius first, haha! Keeping him and all the toys contained!

Ah, we got a few hours sleep eventually. It’s been a bloody looooong day! Dad’s on duty tonight though so i’ll be sticking the earplugs in, hallelujah!!