Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June 2017 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Peanut theo had a stint like that!+ it was horrible! Gone now though thank god! And love it first lol lol lol xxx

• Unbelievable! Dad was on duty and he slept through until 8am! The kid obviously hates me, I can’t remember the last time he slept through for me!!!! Oh well, I feel better for a good nights sleep. I had a lovely early one with my kindle and a cuppa tea. Friday nights have changed so much! 🙈

• My excuse for that peanut is they love us more so want to wake up constantly to spend more time with us 😃

• So annoying when that happens Peanut! Ben always does that!! He went to sleep at 7 last night, too early for him and we been up since 4!! Been watching the best episodes of greys amatamoy, love that show!! 

I'm going to my friends tonight, goinh to sit in put music on and drink gin and set the world to right!! B3n is staying at my mum's so hopefully he sleeps well for them!!

• Isn't it annoying when they do things for other people.. 

I've been (loosely) trying to get Milo to drop a milk feed- yesterday he had MORE (42oz! !!!!!)but today my mum came over and for her and hubby he casually napped and ate 3 meals and dropped a feed.. grrr! 

Bottom tooth coming so I'm assuming that's why he guzzled so much milk?! 

Been in pj's since 4:30 rock n roll 🤘

• Hi everyone. Have you had any problems posting on the forum from your mobile? Please tell us on THIS THREAD if you have. 

And today's talking point: do you know any babies named after a place, like Kim and Kanye's new baby Chicago? Maybe you're planning on naming your baby after a place? Do tell us on this new thread here. 

• How is everyone! Ben's top two teeth have finally come through!! He's now got he's bottom two and top two front teeth- both came in pairs!

Today he's eaten scrambled egg and loved it!! He also loved squashing it all over he's hands!!! Fish for dinner too, wasn't sure on that at first but then ate the whole bowl! Yet to find something he won't eat!!

Rang work, my maternity runs out middle of Feb and then I have 7 weeks holiday(full pay!!!!!!!) So will be due back 2nd week of Feb. Having a meeting Friday to discuss hours so it isn't hanging over me, once i have that sorted I can forget about work untill.the night before lol!! How are people finding it who have gone back? 

Ben's down to 3 bottles now, first thing, 12 before lunch and then before bed around half 8 although if he gets whingey in the afternoon I give him a small one 4ish but he generally only has half of that so think that's a comfort when he's tired! 

• I was hoping to be able to go back to work part time but having sat down over the weekend to crunch numbers, it looks impossible! 😩 Nursery costs are just ridiculous! I hate the thought of him being there 5 days a week but sadly we don’t have another option. Oh well, at least we have confidence in the nursery!

No teeth here yet. He finally managed to eat all his breakfast though. A bowl of strawberry flavoured porridge and half a banana, gobsmacked! He’s just pushed things out his mouth before now. Wow First, Ben sounds like he’s doing fabulously with his feeding!

Has anyone looked at next stage car seats yet? I feel bamboozled! 🙈

• He loves food! Cod for dinner, I left it flaky and was so funny watching him chew it. He did gag a few times but swallowed a fair bit! 

Well done for the porridge, I'm sure it just suddenly clicks and then they want all the food!

Nursery costs are mental aren't they! He will have fun and be so social though! 

Ben is in he's next seat, I wanted rear facing but they were all so expensive and we needed 3!! They do recommend rear facing for as long as possible but i also read they are only more protective in a head on impact, sbunt from behind or side it doesnt matter what way. We went for a Mothercare sport one should have been 110 to 55, ben is so much more comfortable in it, it reclines so he can sleep and he's head always goes back, he's old seat he always looked like he had a broken neck when he was asleep! He's seat is from 20lb . I would def recommend goinh to the shop and trying them out, the one I wanted was more expensive and when we tried him in it He just didn't look comfortable, when the lady suggested this one we put him in and he fitted perfectly in it. My husband told me to stop googling it cos then I started worrying they should rear face till 5 but realistically would be super uncomfortable! Just go with the one you like, all are safety tested anyway! 

• I go back to work on the 7th Feb part time but the nursery lost my paperwork and have put back our start date by 2 weeks so only working 2 half days to start. We have our first stay and play on Wednesday morning for an hour. Sorry to hear some have to go back full time, it’s tough but they will gain a lot from nursery. My niece is 4 next month and can count to 5 in Spanish and French and can write and spell her own name, she has been at nursery since she was 8 months.

Still no teeth but feels like he had been teething forever! He slept through last night but got up at 7.45 and didn’t have his first nap until 12.50! What was going on?

He‘s getting better at food and we started 3 meals a day today. He will eat half a jar at lunch but leaves some porridge and wasn’t fussed on my parsnip and sweet potato mash. Oh well. 

I’m testing a car seat and so far so good but can’t offer any wisdom.  I had to go and buy a stroller though as I can’t fit my travel system in my diddy car as well! Got a right bargain. Was £79.99 but with the sale and a money off voucher I got the ex-display model for just £29! He looks so grown up in a pushchair though ☹️

• Was that on the product testing?? That's so good!  Bargain with your stroller too! I do find it a pain cos I have to take mine apart to get it into my boot, not that that is that bad but my friend just folds hers down with the seat attatched and I got jealous 😂

I'm hoping to do 3 days a week, weds-fri but have to get them to agree that! 

I gave ben a jar of cauliflower cheese the other day for lunch, think it was cow n gate but my god the smell was disgusting! It was actually making me want to gag but he was loving it- totally repeated on him though and every time he burped it made me feel sick!!  I also have been giving him a Pettit filous and my friend said how bad they are and that they are full of sweetner so need to check the yogurt aisle when I go shopping next!! 

• Yes on the mums testing. 

Owen likes that one as we’ll but it stinks out the whole kitchen! It’s horrid! He wolfs it down though so I shouldn’t grumble as it’s taken 3 weeks to get him to eat. 

• imageI made Logan loads of homemade food this weekend and he loved this!!! Annabel KarMel chicken peppers and orzo pasta https://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/chicken-tomatoes-orzo/ 

car seats we are looking at the axkid minikid it’s rear facing until 5 but is £350!!!! But I think that’s only £70 a year for his safety people spend that every 8 weeks on their hair!

how is everyone’s product testing going???? Especially the mountain buggy juno I’m intrigued lol 🤔🤔 we bought the gbit qbit as an easy stroller if we were going into London etc.....

• I can't believe Theo is 7mths today! I made this... they change so fast xxx 

https://flipagram.com/f/1MGhRKKsJcs

• Oh flouncy, that’s sooo beautiful! I‘m in full on  tears watching that!! What a lucky boy Theo is to have such a loving sister! 💗💙 They are just the cutest together. I lost my brother a few years back so that song gets me every time. The sibling bond is so, so special, I’d love to give LO a sister one day xxxx

• Right, now that I have composed myself 😂

what car seat are you trialling Emma?

I’ll definitely take your advice to go in store and check out carseats first, the back seats in my car slope down so I need to find one with a good recline or he’ll slump over when he’s rear facing which is no good.

lbester I looked at that one online, sooo expensive but the reviews are fab! I was debating the joie every stage because it supposedly lasts up to 12 years-ish but I can’t remember what put me off it now 😂 

• Flouncy I was welling up too! 

We have just purchased a joie spin and it is fantabulous!!  So squishy, easy to belt up, good recline and the spin is 👌 so handy. Got it from boots online as had a discount code for some car seats and got alot of points back. Paid just over £200 (on credit card but when I go back to work that will be paid off first 😉) it's up to 18kg or about 4 years old so worth the ££

Had my meeting with HR and manager today, doing 2 long days a week 7-6:30 but won't get home till 7ISH!! so miss 2 bedtimes but I can live with that. Also have managed to squeeze my mat leave until 2nd April woop woop.

My friend has been talking to me about she is planning a baby very soon, my god I'm broody, must be my time of month soon?! Just love this age with babies sooooo squidgy agenda funny!! 

• Oh peanut i ddnt mean to upset you. I am so sorry to hear you lost your brother. Life can be so cruel. Sending hugs xxx

Zoe totally with you on getting a spinner. Daughter has a maxi cosi axis abd its fab. Only lasts til 4 tho so thinking of giving that to theo then buying her another. And yes some go up to age 12! Saw one that doesn't have the straps but a padded bar type thing which goes across their lap. Swivels and csn rear face... anyone know the name!?

Lbester i am testing the juno will let you know! Xxx 

• Peanut I’m testing the vaya I size seat. 

Zoe, good work with holding out until April! Well done you! 

• Oh no flouncy, don’t worry, it wasn’t upsetting at all. Absolutely beautiful!

I’ve seen some of those car seats, I think it’s called an impact shield instead of the 5 point harness. Haven’t seen one that swivels though. I saw Joie, recarro and cybex versions.