Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June 2017 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• I have the joie bold, goes up to 12, it doesnt fave rear but he seems to much prefer facing forward, alot more happy now. I know its much safer facing backwards but I jusy thought about my travel sickness lol and of he has it too he would be puking up constantly, I used to forward facing so god knows what i would be like backwards ha!! Anyways hes much happier, backwards he used to cry if he wasnt asleep and now he babbles away so cute :) x

• Ah flouncy that is SO lovely!!! 

Ben slept 9.20 till 8.40!!!!!! I woke up at 7 and looked at the monitor and couldn't believe it, shut my eyes and then heard him cry and it was 8.40. I'm sure he only woke cos he had twisted round so he's head was pushing against the bars!!! I think he's big meals yesterday helped- or it's a total fluke 😂

I'm not broody at all!! I love this age, going to the park, playing with toys and all the giggles! Although  2 of my  friends are expecting in april and one in June so it may change then. Ben won't be the baby of the baby of the gang then either, he will look huge 😂

• Flouncy that’s a lovely video! So sweet!

Well done Ben! Owen woke at 12.20 for a feed then slept til 8.15 but my bloody cat woke me 3 times! Grrrr 

• Finally we have a roller!!! Front to back!! Didn't think he was ever going to!! 

• There will be no stopping him now first!!!! Logan went from rolling to crawling in 3 weeks! 

• Toby rolled both ways ages ago and has now given up on rolling and trying to crawl completely, hates being on his tummy now just cries, where he used to be ok and try to move etc. He just wants to sit up all the time now that he can, can't see him crawling any time soon :(

• He looked like he was goinh into the crawling position and then stretched out and rolled!! He's done it loads this afternoon, loves all the clapping he gets, doesn't look like back to front is close though!! Crawling babies already!!! Crazy How time flies but isn't this just such an amazingly lovely age!!

Haven’t shared a pic in a while! The big boy pyjamas are just too cute!!! 💙😍

• Ahhh penut!! Sooo gorgeous!!!! How are you finding pjs? I was thinking of trying them but didn't know if they rode up?? 

• They're all so different Theo can crawl and move but doesnt sit up well! They all focus on their own little agenda lol... we have some pjs to with matching undervests so doesnt matter re ride up... and they get zipped into snd sleeping bag anyway lol.

Thanks for the lovely comments on the vid. It has been making everyone cry. So i now watch it when my head is about to pop off the millionth time i have tidied toys away lol zx image

• Yeah we haven’t had a problem with the PJ’s riding up but like flouncy we wear a vest and sleeping bag too.

It’s so interesting that they focus on different things to master at this age isn’t it! LO rolled from back to front a couple of times a few weeks ago but has no interest in that now, hates tummy time, no attempt at crawling but quite likes sitting up and can sit unaided for a short time. He also said Dadda yesterday!!! His sounds are very different all of a sudden, less screamy, high pitched shrieks and more variety to the babble 😭 slow down babies!!!!

• I think they look so cute in little pyjamas!

We are rolling like crazy and using it as a means to move around the room, trying to get up on arms and knees but failing. Can sit up but is trying to stand and always reachin for things so always falling over! 

Speech wise, we have screams and shrieks and raspberries but no attempt at anything else. 

On the plus side, we have had 4 sleep through nights!!

Hellooo l9ng time no speak ....because i didn't know about the new thread ha ha

Been back at work 3 weeks now....Amelia loves the Childminder and is such a happy bubba

2 teeth sp far 2 more coming and is soooo cheeky !! Saying dadda far too much atm though lol

• Loving all the cute pics. Amelia looks like shes having fun.

Vijays always saying Dada and Baba, though Dada is by far his favourite lol. And hes got 6 teeth now 

Has anyones baby stopped putting on weight? Vijay hasnt put on any weight since before christmas. Hes not losing weight at all, just staying at 20lb1oz. Hes gotten taller though.

His reflux is still as bad as ever. He brings up food all day long. Doesnt matter how long after a feed, it just seems continuous. Im so sick of cleaning up the mess and changing him all the time. Hes just started on omeprazole, but i doubt thats going to make a difference. The ranitidine was ok for a few months but then it stopped working. Weve been referred to see a pediatrician but who knows how long that will take to get an appointment.

Im not back at work until may. Im thinking of doing part time until Vijays a bit older.

• Tbh work is killing me atm ......basically everything is months behind .....because i was on maternity. Scape goat much !!! 

Doing fulltime hours in 4 days is hurting !!

• LLovely pic, glad she has fun at the childminder! Full time in 4 days and a baby you must be knackered!! 

Ange is Vijay eating food and still having the reflux?  Poor baby, and you with all the washing!!

I'm due back to work 2nd week of April(got 7 weeks of last year's annual leave on the end of my maternity ) going in tomorrow to discuss going part time and my hours, I'm a manager in Morrison's so hoping for fixed days and hours so not sure I'll get it,. I really need it though so could step.down if it means they give me the hours I need! 

How are everyone's teeth?? Last week all of my teeth feel like they are hurting! I haven't been to the dentist for over 10 years but didn't ever habe anything wrong with them, I had them whiteness when i.was 21 and just didn't  have any problems so didn't go back, I have an appointment next week and I'm actually scared! I had a c section and a needle in my spine but is rather have that again than dentist!!! I'm only goinh cos I'm worried that they will all fall out! And it's free still lol 

• Ah sorry to hear Vijay is still struggling :( the anti-reflux formula really helped us, haven’t had a problem since we started with it so didn’t need to medicate. We’re still on it,.. are you meant to wean off it? Poor Vijay must have it really bad if he’s not keeping food down, hope the omeprazole works wonders for him. Is the paediatric  referral for the reflux? 

Jeanatta (or should we call you super Mummy!!) you must be exhausted!! I’m dreading having to balance work, home and LO! How on earth does everything get done??

Be brave first! Tell the dentist you’re nervous too, they’ll be extra kind. I didnt have any probs during pregnancy but I’ve heard lots of women‘s teeth suffer. I have started to feel some sensitivity to cold food on one tooth recently so got an appointment booked. I’ve never had any dental work done so not looking forward to it. But at least it’ll be free! Silver lining!! I made an appointment for LO at the same time. Apparently they should start going from 6 months!? He doesn’t even have any teeth 😂😂

• Starting solids it hasnt made any difference to his reflux unfortunately. Were still using the anti reflux formula aswell. The referral is for the reflux, i think they want to do some sort of testing but im not sure what they will do.

First my teeth were sore and my gums at the front on the bottom. I went and got a clean/scaling done and it made a bug difference. I hadnt been to the dentist for years before that because i hate going

• Ha ha supermom lol .....lets be honest things just arent getting done. 

However ....my oh has stepped up a gear finally !! Morning routine consists of get up about 5.45 am ....make a brew and het bottle measured out. Sit have a brew and wake up a bit. Get babba up at about 6.20am (she doesnt like it but hey ho) oh gives her her bottle. I get dressed and get her clothes ready. Once she has had her bottle we swap he gets ready and i get Amelia cleaned up and dressed and we are out of the flat by 7.15am latest. He drops her off at the minders and i go to work. 

Evening consists of getting home about 6.30pm ....bit of play time or a bath....then 7pm ish get her changed for bed.....bottle at 7.30pm ....then she either goes to sleep and we have dinner or she (this is the usual one) fights her sleep and plays on the floor whilst we eat dinner. Then i cuddle her to sleep. She is normally asleep by 9pm. Then for us its get stuff ready for the morning and go watch tv in bed. Ha ha 

Wednesday mornings is cleaning time and washing for baby whilst she is asleep ....then momma and babba quality time for the rest of the day. Saturdays is adult washing day .....and changing bed etc in the morning and then weekend chill time. Sunday morning is shopping and visiting family.....afternoon is daddy and babba quality time whilst i have a nice bath. 

Its working for now ....i feel like im getting me back and im fitting in the gym avoyt 3 times a week. Ive out on 10lb since ive stopped feeding ....gone back to work (im drinking lots of coffee) and started back at the gym.....which im not hapoy about but i know i can lose it again so im not too fussed at present. 

I dont feel like a super mom though.....mentally im not coping the best with it all.....im back at the docs on Monday to see if i need some help....ive been borderline ptsd/pnd since she has been born but im aware that im not coping as well as i should so am going to go for advice......why is it i can tell other people easily but i struggled to admit that to myself...... I dont know what is happening with my flipping hormones ....im all over the place ....which im outting down to a mix of stopping feeding....having the mirena and obvs having Amelia in the first place. I struggled with my hormones prebaby sp im not surprised they are all ober the place now really. 

Right......time to get a move on.....cos im solo this morning ....oh started work at 6am cos he is covering fml

• I 2nd the supermum comment Jeanetta. I also think you have admitted it to yourself as you are going through the right channels to get help. Having a baby is a mahoosive thing and buggers up your body and mind but you are going to the docs and god knows how you fit the gym in as well!! 

I’m sorry that Vijay is still suffering. Hopefully the tests will be able to give them an indication on what they can do to help you both. At least he won’t remember this when he’s older. Remind him. A lot! Lol

First, I am with you in dental fears. I had 12 teeth out as a kid and it put me off. I then got brave about 10 years ago and needed 6 fillings and 4 root canals. I was brave again and did that, ended up having 1 taken out and paid a ridiculous amount for a crown. The amount of money I have spent is absurd (we had no nhs dentists with spaces) so all I can say is be a brave lady and do it while it’s free. Saying that, I haven’t been for about 2 years as I’m scared/skint. You can do this! You had a human removed from you and 6 weeks healing of cut muscles. Teeth are nothing compared to that!!

Right, I’m off to wake everyone else up as we have another stay and play at the nursery. 

Have good days ladies x