Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hello all...I lost this thread! Thanks to Danielle for sending me the link!

Elaine is now 8 weeks old and thriving, I'm fully breastfeeding but she has gained a staggering 5lbs and is so much fun!

We have enrolled in Waterbabies and she's been having swimming lessons from 4 weeks old and we are looking forward to warmer weather and longer walks.

I hope you are all faring well!

• Options

Lilibet I did water babies with my eldest and loved it. 

Would love to do it this time around but just can’t afford it right now unfortunately. At least know what to do so I can teach Harry myself :) 

harrison is now 13 weeks old As he was 4 weeks early so actually a December baby lol. But he’s doing so well, had his second set of jabs last week. Just waiting on blood tests results for his thyroid after a few issues. 

im also breastfeeding fully and enjoy every minute of it. imageimage

• Options

imageElaine is 12 weeks today and utterly gorgeous, a peaceful happy little soul. I hope you are all also loving these magical early days x

• Options

Hi everyone! We have free tickets to The Baby Show, being held at NEC Birmingham, next weekend. If you'd like to get your hands on some, just scroll to the bottom of this page, click on Latest Posts, and you'll see the thread you need to post on. 

• Options

Hi all 😊 just looking for some advice really. I have a beautiful baby girl Esmie. She’s 15 weeks old and is the cheekyist funniest little thing! Thing is..... we’ve had problems from the start! Colic, reflux etc. She’s now on a dairy free milk Aptamil pepti 1 and ranitidine. Before her milk was changed which only happened a week ago she was on a comfort milk. Drinking 5-6oz every 4 hours which has now gone to 3-31/2 hours. She was sleeping through from half 7 till half 6. But since being on this new milk which is a thinner consistency, she’s been waking a lot through the night. 12ish 2ish then 4 having a bottle then waking at 6ish. Could this be the change in milk? Have been recommended by a friend to ‘dream feed’ at half 10-11 has anyone tried this? Could this be the start of the 4 month sleep regres? Any advice for a very tired 1st time mummy! Plus.... she’s ever been a good day time napper! The odd 1/2 hour and she’s rearing to go! Any way I could get her to nap? Sorry for the major paragraph😊

• Options

Hi could be regression or milk.

for regression to past need to ideally self settle without any associates including dummy. My LO still has a dummy on odd occasion when reflux is bad. I followed the Little ones programme from birth and he can self settle (has done from a few weeks old) and sleeps through a few times a week. Maybe go back to the other milk and see?

• Options

Hi sarahEsmie 

If she's been placed on to the milk for a reason I wouldn't be changing it back, it sounds like it could be the regression kicking in., there is an app out there called the wonder weeks app and it's an absolute awesome explains when each leap is to occur and how long each leap lasts for and when they are going to be extra fussy.

So at least you know when to give baby extra snuggles. 

Have you thought she could be teething too  

• Options

Esmie self settles and has done since she was a few weeks old. Ive fought for her milk to be changed to dairy free from about 3 weeks old so wouldn’t want to put her back onto her old milk. Ahhh I have the wonder weeks app! I love it! She’s just entered leap 4 and I’m already noticing a change in her. I think for the first week or so is the fussy stage.

I feel as if I’m missing out as she never lets me snuggle her. She prefers to be looking outwards as she’s a really nosey baby and only really settles on me when she’s having her bedtime bottle. I was also thinking maybe she’s teething? She’s slobbering a lot and never got her hands out of her mouth?

• Options

Hi everyone, we really hope you and your babies are doing well? Do come and let us know how you're all doing, we'd love to hear from you. 

Lots happening on the forum at the mo. 
    We have two sponsored discussions; tell Nurofen how to cheer up poorly children, and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher. 
    Another £200 voucher up for grabs by telling English Heritage which of their day trips would be your fave. Just select Talk To Us from the the dropdown menu, and the threads are there (see pic below).

Also, if you've not checked out our Instagram page, we're giving away a Peg-Perego Viaggio 2-3 Flex car seat, worth £180. 

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you and your babies doing? We do hope all is well and we would love to hear from you. 

We were wondering, can you help with these threads? 

This new mums baby is 3 months and screams and screams when laid down. Sound familiar? Her thread is here. 

Another new mum has a 5 week old, and she wants to know whether to move her baby to her own room, and about night routines. Any wise words? 

And finally, can you add to these tips for new mums: any advice you would pass along? 

We'd love to see and hear how your babies are doing - please let us know. 

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you all doing?
    We have some new women on the forum who have some feeding questions - can you help? We're sure they'd appreciate any advice, or even just a hand hold, if you can. 

10 week old with really bad trapped wind - that thread is here. 

New mum to a 3 week old struggling to keep up with breastfeeding - can you help? 

• Options

image All is well here in Devon, Elaine is loving life and days are full of cooing and smiles.

Today we went to watch her elder sister do her first skydive and she was a bit of a hit on the dropzone.

She's loving swimming and spending time with other babies.

I'm still fully breastfeeding, but my GP would like me to stop! I said a firm no to that!

Life with a little one is very sweet, I'd forgotten how much so.

• Options

Hi LillibetGlew, Elaine is gorgeous what a sweet smile she has. Good on you for not listening to the dr and sticking at it! As long as Elaine is happy and healthy at the breast and you are happy surely there is no reason for you to stop!

Me and Cohen are good, he is developing too quickly though and started rolling a few weeks ago. He sleeps through the night in his own room and has even started weening. He literally grabs the spoon and shoves the food in his mouth. 

Recently found out I am pregnant again due 1st Jan 2019, current maternity leave finishes on 2nd Jan 2019 😆 having 2 under 1 I must be crazy. Hope everyone is doing well x 

• Options

Wow pregnant again?! I'm happy for you but I think it would kill me! I hated being pregnant! Thankfully for me, my Mr had the snip!

Elaine sleeps through too, most of the time, but I have no intention of weening yet as she's already massive and I don't think she needs it just yet, I'll go by instinct.

• Options

Lilxmax that’s amazing news. There is 14 months between mine I love it! my daughter wasn’t even walk-in! nice To hear how your all doing. Billy is doing well he is also sleeping through rolling and non stop babbling. He is trying to sit but not quite there yet. His sister was sittinf By now but hadnt Rolled every baby is different. We have also started weaning and he loves It too he has taken well. He will be 6 months next Friday it breaks my heart! Enjoy every moment! X

• Options

Lilxamz congratulations!!!! I have 18 months between mine and love a small gap! 

Harrison will be 6 months on the 18th June. we are going to do BLW. Plus he was born 4 weeks early so technically a December baby so we haven’t started weaning yet. 

im also still breastfeeding 🤱 and I love it! He still sleeps in our room in his next2me And wakes anywhere from 1 - 3 times a night for the boob. But I don’t mind :) image

• Options

Thanks ladies. I am excited but trying to stay calm until I have my 12 week scan and know its a sticky bean. As I had a csection I’m not fully healed yet so I think I am just expecting that to cause a problem. It’s crazy I am due 1st Jan but have been told that because Chunk was 11lb2oz I won’t be aloud to go full term so its looking like a Christmas baby. Two in 2018 😂

We are away this weekend, first time ever since the Chunk. Just in a hotel in London for a family Baptism, I have forgot my hairbrush and lipstick so far but luckily nothing for the Chunk. Fingers crossed he behaves today. Hope your all having a lovely weekend x

• Options

Hi Lilxamz, 

Congraulatuons! Great news 😁 

I also have two very close together, there’s a year and 3 weeks between my two girls. I also love it, it’s hard work in the first month or so but once you are in your routine it gets easier. 

My little Edie is nearly 5 months now and rolling over, enjoying her bouncer, she’s a great little character! 

We are combination feeding, but planning to switch totally to formula feeds soon once weaning is in full swing.

Are you going to find out the sex? 

Glad everyone is doing well 😁😁😁

Xxx

• Options

Oh wow! Congratulations Lilxamz! That’s fabulous news. It will be lovely to have them close together. Plus, everything will be fresh in your mind! There are 5 years between my DS1 and DS2 and it felt like I was starting all over again. There are 2 years between DS2 and DS3 and it’s felt easier! So lovely to see all the pics and catch up with how the little ones are doing! 

Albie is good. We are still breastfeeding and intend to do so until around 7 months, We haven’t started weaning properly yet though he has had the odd bit of strawberry and banana and he loved it. We will start properly in the next couple of weeks. He’s 20 weeks this week and has been rolling for about a month but won’t go from front to back so we are at that sticky stage where he gets upset and we have to keep flipping him! He was sleeping through but then the dreaded 4 month regression hit and he’s back to waking 1-3 times a night. So it’s a good job he’s cute! He’s slipped into family life seamlessly and he’s absolutely adored by the other two. My hip has taken a turn for the worse and so I’m back at the hospital in Aug to have a camera in it and a manipulation with cortisone injections. If it doesn’t work, then it’s time for a replacement. Obviously, I’m trying to avoid that! No more babies for me. Defo feel done now. I feel utterly blessed to have my three boys!

• Options

Congratulations lil thats great news :-) we have 17months between 2 and 3 and i love it they are so cute :-).

So nice to see some updates for everyone and see how well all the little ones are doing :-).

Its been a bit of a mad house here recently haha seem to constabtly be busy. Roman is amazing he has been in his own room for about 7weeks now and is sleeping from 630-7 till 7am with a dream feed at 10. He has 2 teeth with 2more well on the way, he's been rolling all over the place, love his jumperoo and is already starting to enjoy food :-). A new development this week is he has started rocking lots on his knees and doing frog jumps forwards so wont be long before he is really on tbe move :-(. I do wish he would slow down.

imageimageimage