Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Sounds like you have all the advive needed, let us know how you get on! We were always told to give more If they want it but sometimes they don’t know they are full! 

With regards to waking partner up we havent been in the same room since Teddy was born! My partner does the 8-3am shift when I sleep upstairs and then I take over and he sleeps (Teddy remains downstairs all night). We have had to do this as Teddy is CONSTANTLY grunting and straining so you can’t sleep when he sleeps which is a nightmare and exhausting 😩😩 Teddy also sounds really nasally at times but it’s not his nose! Got a GP appointment for his 6 week Check next week so will see what it’s all about, assuming it’s related to his reflux And colic. 

Hope everyone had a special mother’s day!! Mine finished with a burst tyre an hour away from home with a feed due, torrential rain and a screaming baby haha! The rest of the day was perfect 🙈

• Options

Thank you ladies. She just woke up now for a feed so I thought I'd put 4oz in rather than having to go back down again. She only drank 2.5oz of it but then wouldn't burp .. I anticipated it was gonna be coming back up and that's exactly what she done!! 🙈 

So I don't think she really knows what she wants lol!! The dummy is definitely a life saver Aussie!! 

Hanny that sounds like a nightmare with your car! Hope it's all sorted now and glad the rest of your day was lovely! 

I just realised what was asked about waking partners. Maisie sleeps on OHs side of the bed so 9 times out of 10 he wakes up as well. This is because the crib can't go down my side because I have a radiator and curtains which would hang over. We do the night feeds in bed so as long as baby is ok, the other one just goes back off to sleep. When Maisie was just sick everywhere, I had to wake OH so he could take her whilst I cleaned up. He is very good on little sleep though. I tend to go to bed around 10ish whilst he stays downstairs until around midnight so I've got 2 hours in already incase she does wake up xx

• Options

Argh! Billy was going 4hrs between feeds in the night....now it's changed to every 1 and half to 2 hours ... is this a normal thing to happen? Will it change? Lol .

• Options

Skittles flo had never done that but he's prob just getting abit more hungry, have u tried increasng his day feeds or giving him more then. Flo has what every she wants in the day and only wakes once in the night. X

• Options

Skittles we went through that but stopped once we increased feeds and a week later he only has feeds at around midnight and 5am! It’s just a shame we and him can’t sleep in between due to his reflux and straining/grunting! 

Stay positive as it will improve :) 

• Options

Sounds like a growth spurt 💕 Evelyn has been doing it of an evening and it’s hell. She’s also extra fussy at that time too!

• Options

Hanny what has H/V said about teddy being uncomfy? Is the gaviscon not helping x 

• Options

We went to the GP yesterday for his 6 week check up and they basically said we have to ride it out. He thought he may have thrush so got meds for that. The doctor said that he would never recommend gaviscon due to it causing constipation and that the only proven remedy for colic and reflux is fennel extract and gripe water!!! Safe to say we are stopping colief as it’s making no difference and is 20 quid a go! 

Its starting to effect his feeding now so having to express as he seems to prefer bottle to boob.. should improve once thrush and reflux improves! 

Hows everyone doing? What’s the main difficulty that people are having?

On a positive note Teddy is gaining weight and holding his head up :-) Thought a Positive story should be shared too 😁

• Options

Aww sorry to hear teddy has colic, hope it soon starts to improve...must be a nightmare!  I think billy must have heard my pleading to him to let me have some sleep because out of the blue last night he slept from half 11 to half 6! I know I shouldn't really have left him that long without a feed but there was no way I was waking him up after my recent bad nights 😂.  I know it may all go back to pot tonight but I feel so good after my mammoth sleep . 

• Options

Hanny have you tried infacol? I used it with Maisie for a few days and she's off it now and so far so good.. burps and very little sick, no more projectile. When I spoke to the pharmacist they said they wouldn't sell colief without recommendation from GP. 

Maisie is doing good.. she was 7lb4 on Thursday when she was weighed and when she was weighed yesterday she's 7lb 10.5!! Madam loves her food!! 

We had our first night alone last night as OH had to work away.. before he left yesterday morning I had a mini breakdown 🙈 but she was good as gold! We went shopping in the day and then she slept from 11pm-2am then from 2.45am until 6.30am and then from 7ish until just before 10!! 😍 Xx

• Options

Isnt it crazy how every doctor is different the gaviscon worked really will for flo and was prescribed and we dont have a 6 week check we have it at 8 weeks (on friday)... hope teddy is feeling better soon and u get a good night's sleep! 

As long as the babies are getting enough milk in the day they will be fine to go as long as they like at night... Flo had a feed at 11 b4 I went to bed and only took 2oz and slept thru till 6:30. 

Things are going really well here we had a bad day yest with trapped wind but a baby massage, tunmy time and doing bicycle with her legs worked.  

Flos consultant made a mistake with her kidney diagnosis she does have PKD but that's all so the blood tests, antibiotics and worring us were not needed so I've made a complaint 😏 x

• Options

https://www.kentlive.news/whats-on/shopping/argos-tesco-mothercare-john-lewis-1447308

Hi ladies thought I'd share with you incase any of you have these items x

• Options

Thanks for that jane.. I thought the cot was ours for a minute at first glance but luckily not xx

• Options

Hi everyone .how is everyone doing? I'm guessing everyone has been like me and being kept so busy they haven't had time for internet forums haha. Billy had his injections the other day, I was expecting a few days of hell but all seems good so far . He seems to be growing so fast, I wish time would slow down a bit . image

• Options

Hi all is there a January baby thread? My lo was born 25th January and I’m struggling to find any newish advice on things? Need other mums out there to speak to and get advice! 1st time mummy to a beautiful baby girl Esmie Molly 

• Options

Hi SarahEsmie, sorry we only just spotted your post. 
    You can find the January 2018 Babies thread here. 

Hi everyone else too! We have free tickets to The Baby Show, being held at NEC Birmingham, next weekend. If you'd like to get your hands on some, just scroll to the bottom of this page, click on Latest Posts, and you'll see the thread you need to post on. 

• Options

Hi Skittles! Billy is looking gorgeous! As you said, I am extremely busy and it takes me a few days to reply to emails lol!! Glad his injections went OK. Maisie had hers last week and she was really good with them .. broke my heart though when she cried.

Maisie is 10 weeks tomorrow, I really cannot believe how quickly time is going!! Xx

• Options

Ahhh baby Billy is looking very cute and happy! Is he always a happy bubs? 

Same here very busy. Time is going quick flo is 16weeks 2moro 😣. 

How are all you mummys feeling? Ive been argueing with docs at 16weeks PP and I'm still bleeding and cramping I'm so fed up and feel like crap. Now I've been told to stop the pill and see if it stops if not i need to be referred back to the hosital. 😴 this pregnancy and recovery has been a hard one x

• Options

Congrats sarahesmie hope you find the jan thread my LO was due feb but born 23rd jan x

• Options

Hey ladies were off on holiday in 5 weeks and looking for a baby carrier. Does anyone have one they recommend? I've never had one x