Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

February 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hi Jane, 

We bought the one from Aldi :) we haven't used it much (I fell over with Maisie in it when I used it so I've not used it since) but my friend has it and she loves it. Mows the lawn etc with baby in it! I've also heard good things about the wrap slings :) xx

• Hi everyone, we really hope you and your babies are doing well? Do come and let us know how you're all doing, we'd love to hear from you. 

Lots happening on the forum at the mo. 
    We have two sponsored discussions; tell Nurofen how to cheer up poorly children, and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher. 
    Another £200 voucher up for grabs by telling English Heritage which of their day trips would be your fave. Just select Talk To Us from the the dropdown menu, and the threads are there (see pic below).

Also, if you've not checked out our Instagram page, we're giving away a Peg-Perego Viaggio 2-3 Flex car seat, worth £180. 

• Hi everyone, how are you and your babies doing? We do hope all is well and we would love to hear from you. 

We were wondering, can you help with these threads? 

This new mums baby is 3 months and screams and screams when laid down. Sound familiar? Her thread is here. 

Another new mum has a 5 week old, and she wants to know whether to move her baby to her own room, and about night routines. 

How long did you bleed for post birth?
    One mum is 6 weeks....

And finally, can you add to these tips for new mums: any advice you would pass along? 

We'd love to see and hear how your babies are doing - please let us know. 

• How's everyone doing? Im enjoying being a mummy so much...I feel like it was exactly what I was missing in life, he makes me so happy 😍.  It's Billys second lot of injections next week....feels like only yesterday I was posting about his first ones! Hope everyone else is getting on OK....have the babies that had colic improved now? Can't remember who it was .X 

• Jane that sounds terrible! I'm surprised they haven't sent you for investigation before now! What if you have some retained placenta?!  I had a nightmare with my pill.....I blame baby brain but after taking the pill for 7 years before trying to get pregnant and never having any problems I completely forgot to start my second pack of pills after my pill free week!! How embarrassed was I, at the age of 30 having to go and get morning after pill!! 😂😂😂

• Hi skittles! I'm with you, loving it!! Couldn't imagine life without Maisie now. 

I've heard the second lot aren't as bad as the first.. Maisie has hers week after next :) 

Maisie suffered badly with colic so has been on infacol since about 4 weeks old, she's now 11 weeks and 4 days and has come off it this week! She's much better now though!! Xx

• Aww I'm really glad the colic seems to be over, I can't imagine having to deal with colic.do you do any classes with Maisie? Iv just started a baby swimming class but I'm not sure about it...I'm thinking about pulling out and just taking him myself....the other mums there aren't really like me...they seem a bit posh haha  😂  

• Hey ladies. Flo is 4months!! The 2nd ones aint as bad and not as many (i think its only 2) flo is having her 16weeks ones next week. Was due this week but she's had a terrible cold 😣. Flo no longer needs infacol for her wind as they get older they bring it up better shes still on meds for reflux tho which has been switched so much finally found a good one that helps! 

Skittles ive had 2 scans now the 1st showed something in the top of my womb which could have been a clot the 2nd scan showed nothing. I stopped my pill and it's been 3 days since the bleeding stopped so fingers crossed! Still have pains so will go back to docs if they dont go as need my bp review as it's still high. 

Flo has been giggling a while but she is a hard baby to make giggle she's always happy tho. What do your babies giggle at?

• Hey ladies!!

I am loving Mummy life but been poorly for the last two days and my god what I would do to lie in bed all morning 🙈 

We have done a sensory Baby group which we are going to continue but the mums are very clicky and quite a bit older But Teddy seems to enjoy it so hey ho! We thought about swimming but it’s SO expensive, it’s £16 for half an hour where we live so I’m just going to use the loca lesuire centre which has a heated pool. 

Teddy was one with really bad reflux and mouth thrush but all seems better after starting anti reflux milk. He’s a really good drinker and is watching us eat all the time.. think someone wants some food (hes 15 weeks). Going to wait till hes at least 4 months.. any recommendations on high chairs? 

Dont worry about second lots of jabs, Teddy wasn’t fazed at all.. it’s the third lot that aren’t quite as nice :( 

Teddy is a really giggly Baby, it only takes you shutting your eyes and opening them saying DA and he’s off on one! A mirror will always work as well if you haven’t tried that :) 

• Ahh hanny hope ur better soon. 

😂 flos the same around food she starts kicking her legs about and doesn't take her eyes off your food. Im going to get a highchair attachment so she can sit at the  dinner table with us. 

Ive tried everything she will giggle a little at things once and then goes all serious. She loves the mirror but that don't make her giggle she just looks at herself wide eyed 🤣 

• Billy was giggling when you tickle over his knee but now when you do it you can see he tries so hard not to giggle! It seems like what makes him giggle one day doesn't affect him the next so we just have to do different things each day. He babbles alot now which I love to hear 😍.   What age will you all start giving some food and what will be the first thing you try? 

• Skittles im going to start weaning after our holiday in 4 weeks so i dont have to worry about taking food too and because we need to wait to see someone about flos milk intolerance so not sure what she can have yet 😣.   She will be 5 months then and hopefully ablr to sit up abit better. What about u? 

• Skittles - I do a rhyme time class with her on a Thursday (she tends to sleep the majority of it lol!). We do others if we fancy :) We are going to be starting swimming lessons at the leisure centre when she is 3 months old, £37 for 10 lessons. Water babies was £160 for 10 lessons!! 

Jane - I hope they sort you soon hun. 16 weeks to still not be 100% is a long time. Maisie hasn't giggled yet :( she will be 12 weeks tomorrow. 

Hanny - I've heard a lot of groups tend to be clicky. I luckily went to aqua natal for 2 weeks before I had Maisie and met a few ladies and we have all kept in touch and our babies are all within days / weeks of each other. One of the ladies used to baby sit me and now her daughter is 3 days younger than mine!! Crazy. I'm hoping to start weaning Maisie around 4 months but going to speak to HV.. Mothercare and Argos are good for highchairs :) I think the ones that recline are supposed to be good. 

Skittles - not sure what I will try first with Maisie. My plan is for her to have what we have but I may try her on baby rice first. 

• Hi everyone, just a quick one! We’re giving away an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet worth £99.99 on our Instagram page and this comp closes TOMORROW! To win it, just head to our Instagram page, make sure you are following the MadeForMums account, and leave a post on the competition post. 
    That’s it! Good luck. 
    (More details here

• imagemy latest best buy... for a few weeks flo has been chewing on everything but cant hold a teething ring for long. She started chewing the mitten as soon as it went on 😍 brought on amazon just over £5 a mitten x

• Ah Jane I’ve been having the exact same problem! Going to steal your Best Buy :-) 

Teddy is dribbling ALOT but can’t feel any teeth and he’s only 16 weeks.. 

• No i cant feel anything with flo either. Im changing her clothes so many times a day coz she dribbles so bad! They are good saves flo nearly chomping my finger off lol. 

How has teddy been? Flo has been abit moody but not sure if its teeth or her 16 week immunisations 😴 

• Ohh iv been thinking of getting one of those mittens! I really want to get one now!  It's our 2nd swim session tomorrow. If paid for 4 upfront so I think no will do the 4 then stop and just go to the leisure centre as and when I want to . I wonder if my leisure centre do lessons hmm . 

• Hi everyone, how are you doing?

We have some new women on the forum who have some feeding questions - can you help? We're sure they'd appreciate any advice, or even just a hand hold, if you can. 

10 week old with really bad trapped wind - that thread is here. 

New mum to a 3 week old struggling to keep up with breastfeeding - can you help? 

• Yesterday flo see her dietician and her milk is getting changed to one for a severe milk allergy but i have been told i can now start to wean her. Her 1st food to taste was peaches and she LOVED it moaned when it was all gone. imageimage